Vikings interested in Trey Lance?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
If Lance can’t at least be the starter next season trade him. It was a dumb trade to begin with.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Trade Lance for the right price? Yes.

Vikings don't have a 3rd. But if they did I think I make that deal happen.
Trading for the Vikings 4th round pick (#109) is still a 16 pick improvement over the Cowboys 4th round pick (#125) that they traded away to get him. I’d take the trade - unless the Cowboys are set on allowing Dak Prescott to walk after the 2024 season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Is practice where they are really going to see what the guy can do? I don't think so. Hell, Dak looks great in practice, but has it lead to anything more than a few easy wins against crappy teams?
Dak actually used to look really bad in practice. In year 3, took him a week to throw a TD in training camp. I’m sure they’ve dumbed down the practices for him though by now..

Jarntt

Reaction score
And you can’t restructure Martin or anyone else? The only way to clear 5 million is by cutting Lance?
Of course you can, but that wasn't the discussion and regardless of what else you do it's still an additional $5M on top of it. Plus that $5M is more valuable and is a real savings unlike kicking the can down the road on a restructure that doesn't save cap space, it just moves it back. The point, again, is paying 2 backup QBs a decent salary is foolish when you have a true #1 QB. Last year was fine because we had the space, Lance was cheaper and we weren't sure what the plan was for him. Now it's different. He is either our QB of the future or our #2 this year or he is cut. One needs to go in a cap world

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Trading for the Vikings 4th round pick (#109) is still a 16 pick improvement over the Cowboys 4th round pick (#125) that they traded away to get him. I’d take the trade - unless the Cowboys are set on allowing Dak Prescott to walk after the 2024 season.
The Vikings do not want Trey Lance under any circumstance. This is nonsense.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
They could draft a QB in the first round. If Lance hits his straps in pre season they could start him and ease in the rookie QB when ready. If Lance plays lights out he keeps the gig for the season. If he stinks it out they could sign a vet or start the rookie QB if he's ready.

The team went 5-1 with a below average practice squad QB Cooper and the team had a better winning % of completed starts from a washed Andy Dalton than Dak Prescott during the same season and AD had an even weaker offensive line in front of him.

If Prescott could have played better and executed a few key plays and helped the team beat the 49ers in even one of those post season games then maybe there's a semblance of an argument that he's worth the big bucks. But he didn't and he's not. He really isn't that much of a difference maker to this team as has been shown by Rush and Dalton.
That below-average practice squad QB Cooper beat out the 3rd string scrub QB Lance for the backup job. Stop the nonsense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Of course you can, but that wasn't the discussion and regardless of what else you do it's still an additional $5M on top of it. Plus that $5M is more valuable and is a real savings unlike kicking the can down the road on a restructure that doesn't save cap space, it just moves it back. The point, again, is paying 2 backup QBs a decent salary is foolish when you have a true #1 QB. Last year was fine because we had the space, Lance was cheaper and we weren't sure what the plan was for him. Now it's different. He is either our QB of the future or our #2 this year or he is cut. One needs to go in a cap world
You’re arguing something no one said. You wouldn’t be paying two backups lol. You only need one backup.

Jarntt

Reaction score
You’re arguing something no one said. You wouldn’t be paying two backups lol. You only need one backup.
Really? Because the first thing I said on this thread (and what I have been saying since the end of last season), which is the post you quoted and started this little back and forth, was making the point that we can't keep both. Now it's an LOL???

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
That below-average practice squad QB Cooper beat out the 3rd string scrub QB Lance for the backup job. Stop the nonsense.
The below average QB who led the team to a 5-1 record with the same team as the first string QB.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Really? Because the first thing I said on this thread (and what I have been saying since the end of last season), which is the post you quoted and started this little back and forth, was making the point that we can't keep both. Now it's an LOL???
Well that’s what’s confusing me because initially you started out saying “We need to dump his or Rush's salary. If he isn't our future QB, dump the more expensive one”…..then in your last post said you can’t pay two backups. I certainly didn’t advocate paying two backups I just don’t care about the money. If Lance is bette he should be the backup money or not.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Cooper didn’t lead us to anything but a drilling by the Eagles.
Do you always miss the point?

Also, the same practice string QB threw for over 300 yards and led the team down the field to throw a game winning TD against the Vikings in their own stadium.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do you always miss the point?

Also, the same practice string QB threw for over 300 yards and a game winning drive against the Vikings in their own stadium.
Maybe I am missing the point? What’s your point? Because it seems like you’re just box score watching and gloating about Rush being carried. Nobody in their right mind thinks he led us to anything lol.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Maybe I am missing the point? What’s your point? Because it seems like you’re just box score watching and gloating about Rush being carried. Nobody in their right mind thinks he led us to anything lol.
1) Practice squad QBs don't help lead the team to 5-1 records. 2) You Dak-stans like to have it both ways. It's the team that gets the credit when someone else other than Dak does it and it's the team's fault when Dak fails. 3) I just gave you an example of Cooper doing more than just being carried by the team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1) Practice squad QBs don't help lead the team to 5-1 records. 2) You Dak-stans like to have it both ways. It's the team that gets the credit when someone else other than Dak does it and it's the team's fault when Dak fails. 3) I just gave you an example of Cooper doing more than just being carried by the team.
Cooper carried him against the Vikings. Why do you guys do this? I’m a Dak Stan because I said Rush was carried? Doesn’t make sense.