Vikings interested in Trey Lance?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Cooper carried him against the Vikings. Why do you guys do this? I’m a Dak Stan because I said Rush was carried? Doesn’t make sense.
So Cooper threw the ball to himself? Don't be a clown. Did Cooper not carry Dak or was Dak just not good enough for Cooper? Is that what got him shipped out of town?

You're a Dak stan because your posting history is evidence for it.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
That below-average practice squad QB Cooper beat out the 3rd string scrub QB Lance for the backup job. Stop the nonsense.
I think you are reading the QB situation wrong in Dallas.

3rd overall pick in 2021 is our QB now.

They parked Lance last season. He missed all of camp and the off-season.

But Lance is all about 2024.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So Cooper threw the ball to himself? Don't be a clown. Did Cooper not carry Dak or was Dak just not good enough for Cooper? Is that what got him shipped out of town?

You're a Dak stan because your posting history is evidence for it.
What are you even talking about? I never said he threw the ball to himself I said he didn’t lead us to anything. He was carried.

The irony of this is you dismiss my opinion for being a Dak Stan and you’re defending Rush lol you can’t make this up lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
No idea if this real or not but it does detail why Dallas made the Lance trade.
A highly drafted QB is always going to have some type of market.

Not sure if Dallas leaked this story to build that market, if Minny leaked it because it is real or to leverage Cousins down in price or if some agent leaked it.

From a Dallas standpoint if you can get anything better than a 4th for Lance that is a pretty big win.
Right now; Dallas has no 4th, 5th or 6th round picks.
But should get two 6ths from comp pick pool.
If they get a 3rd and 5th for Lance? Whew buddy, draft pick pool fully restored and even elevated.

Lance is certainly an option for a team rebuild. But given his age and price I'm not sure he is the guy you want to build up around.
Can likely just get a rookie QB for that effort and have them cost next to nothing for 4-5 years.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
What are you even talking about? I never said he threw the ball to himself I said he didn’t lead us to anything. He was carried.

The irony of this is you dismiss my opinion for being a Dak Stan and you’re defending Rush lol you can’t make this up lol.
You said "Cooper carried him". Are you talking about Amari Cooper or not, because if you aren't then what you said makes no sense.

Yes, he did lead the team to a 5-1 record. That is what QBs do. They are considered the default leaders of the team while they are on the field.

The original point was, if Cooper is just a practice squad QB, then was the team so good that it could compensate for his lack of ability and/or ineptness? And if it was the latter, why can't Dak take such a great team to the promise land? Or maybe the difference between Cooper and Dak isn't so significant to justify such a huge salary discrepancy. It's the difference between maybe 3-4 games won in the season. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not defending Cooper Rush per se. I don't think he's more than a backup QB. But this idea that Cooper is carried by the team while Dak is not is just biased and arbitrary. Being better doesn't necessarily remove that attribution.

Also, the notion that you're a Dak stan doesn't just disappear because someone defends Rush.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The question is always the unknown,,, what do you receive back from a 2nd or 3rd.
McClay would probably like to have the pick.
Doesn't really matter TBH.
Lance is just a raw asset not a player performing for this team.
We paid a 4th so anything above that is a net win.

If Lance stays, wins the QB2 job, gets in games and performs well that might change.
But that doesn't matter at all this off-season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It wasn’t. At all. People are going too far saying he won those games lol.
He barely contributed people who know football understand that those games for whatever reason the defense special teams offensive line run game coaching it was playing at an elite level and he could barely get to 19 points it's also a terrible rumor that he takes care of the ball better and plays within an offense and that's not true at all we saw him throw 2 interceptions in the Washington game that got called back over a penalty we saw him fumble the ball twice it barely gets to 107 yards passing in the Rams game and then we saw him throw 3 interceptions in the Philly game how is that protecting the football he literally did get carried the difference between Prescott or a real solid starting quarterback and Cooper rush it's a fact when they get that type of support from the team they dominate it's an easy win people aren't struggling to the last minute to win the game you're sitting your players in the fourth quarter that's the difference Prescott dropping 40 on those teams versus barely scraping out a win..

Everybody's gonna say well a win is a win whether it's one point or not but that is not how it works because then we see games like last year no way Cooper rush wins many of those games especially when you get a shootout like in the Seattle game but let's just stay with the year rush played I mean as soon as Prescott came back the defense somehow got injured we lost some players they started giving up yards and points like in the bears game and Prescott literally lit them up same things happened in most of those games Cooper rush was not giving us a 14 and 17 point lead in the fourth quarter against Green Bay and the Jaguars and our defense blew the game literally Prescott putting up points giving leads and then the rest of the team just didn't come and support in those games like they supported or you can use the word carried Cooper rush..

Yes just about any quarterback worth his salt could win those games that Cooper rush won but it's the games that were after that or many games they're out the season where it becomes a situation where you have to put up points a lot more than Cooper rush is bottom ten offense it's struggled to get one touchdown a game could do....​

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You said "Cooper carried him". Are you talking about Amari Cooper or not, because if you aren't then what you said makes no sense.

Yes, he did lead the team to a 5-1 record. That is what QBs do. They are considered the default leaders of the team while they are on the field.

The original point was, if Cooper is just a practice squad QB, then was the team so good that it could compensate for his lack of ability and/or ineptness? And if it was the latter, why can't Dak take such a great team to the promise land? Or maybe the difference between Cooper and Dak isn't so significant to justify such a huge salary discrepancy. It's the difference between maybe 3-4 games won in the season. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not defending Cooper Rush per se. I don't think he's more than a backup QB. But this idea that Cooper is carried by the team while Dak is not is just biased and arbitrary. Being better doesn't necessarily remove that attribution.

Also, the notion that you're a Dak stan doesn't just disappear because someone defends Rush.
That was lot of typing, showing zero actual understanding of what occurred.
Rush passed for less than 200 yards per game and less than 1 TD per game.
The Dallas defense was fully healthy and playing extremely well. --Before Lewis, LVE and AB were injured.
Dallas scored 25 points 1 time with Rush at QB.
They scored 25 or more all but 1 game that Dak completed.
Rush's last game was against Philly. He completed less than 50% of his passes and tossed 3 picks in a 17-26 loss.
Dak faced the same team later in the season and we scored 40 points.

This isn't a Dallas fan argument.
It's a goofy argument versus all GMs everywhere as Rush became a free agent and signed a 2-year 5M contract.

But that isn't to just crap on the guy. He is a replacement level back up much like Jason Garrett was.
Lance has a much higher ceiling, but Rush has a well-known floor that you can survive with versus midline or worse teams if the other 2 phases win.
There is a reason teams might try to trade for Lance but are not trying to trade for Rush.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The question is always the unknown,,, what do you receive back from a 2nd or 3rd.
McClay would probably like to have the pick.
This is also assuming Lance sucks. I’m interested in seeing what he has especially if the compensation is worse than a 4th.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

The irony part is a Cooper Rush Stan of all people is telling a Dak Stan what type of fan he is lol.

Dak beats bad teams and loses to good teams. This is the narrative you Dak haters have been spewing now you want me to believe that he was carried? And by who? Mike McCarthy. You can argue Dak was carried. I never said he was or wasn’t. We were talking about Rush.

No one in their right mind but Skip Baliss thinks Rush led us anywhere. Why didn’t he lead us to a W against the Eagles? Got the hell smacked out of us lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That was lot of typing, showing zero actual understanding of what occurred.
Rush passed for less than 200 yards per game and less than 1 TD per game.
The Dallas defense was fully healthy and playing extremely well. --Before Lewis, LVE and AB were injured.
Dallas scored 25 points 1 time with Rush at QB.
They scored 25 or more all but 1 game that Dak completed.
Rush's last game was against Philly. He completed less than 50% of his passes and tossed 3 picks in a 17-26 loss.
Dak faced the same team later in the season and we scored 40 points.

This isn't a Dallas fan argument.
It's a goofy argument versus all GMs everywhere as Rush became a free agent and signed a 2-year 5M contract.

But that isn't to just crap on the guy. He is a replacement level back up much like Jason Garrett was.
Lance has a much higher ceiling, but Rush has a well-known floor that you can survive with versus midline or worse teams if the other 2 phases win.
There is a reason teams might try to trade for Lance but are not trying to trade for Rush.
I agree I have no issue with Rush it’s when guys start making him out to be more than he was. It he truly led us to 5-1 he would’ve got paid more than 5 million.