Vikings sign RB Aaron Jones

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL, wait, it was only a 1 year deal for $7MM?

I just can't with these idiots running the team. That's a deal they should have been all over.

HanD

Reaction score
well at least we don't play them next year for him to trash us again....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Derrick Henry come on down you're the next RB1 for the Dallas Cowboys.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Vikings have a new backfield. I'm anxious to hear the numbers when the deal is done.
7 million....1 year deal. Twice as much as we were willing to spend.

Which honestly I don't get....we just spent 12 million on a RB in Pollard....

I get it....we are going RB by committee....but your not going to find a viable peice @ 3 million.

Sydla

Reaction score
$7M??? Yeah that is far too much. I'm glad the Cowboys passed.
You applaud the front office over every free agent we don't sign as being too expensive. LOL.

A one year deal for $7MM for a quality TB is a more than fair and smart move. It doesn't tie your franchise to long term issues on a fungible position. It gives you flexibility after the season. No dead money to deal with. With the right restructures and moves, they can easily fit Jones under their cap. Shoot, they were paying a TB $12MM last year for one year and no one blinked an eye.

What's your solution at TB? Sign the inevitable slop like Ronald Jones and then draft a kid and just hope and pray it's good enough? Didn't work last year. But hey, maybe we'll get lucky.

Sydla

Reaction score
My fear is that they reach for a TB like they did at TE last year. So something silly like taking Benson in Round 1 or Allen in Round 2.

Sydla

Reaction score
:laugh: ....yeah

Henry still has gas in the tank to be a nice peice in a committee.
Exactly. 1 year deal is perfect for him. No long term implications, etc. Ride and die with him for a year and you have options/flexibility again after this season.

Why fans in Dallas are so afraid of older FAs, if signed to smart deals, is bizarre to me.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
My fear is that they reach for a TB like they did at TE last year. So something silly like taking Benson in Round 1 or Allen in Round 2.
I'm thinking they may get nervous and go after Brooks....late 1st after a trade down. Wouldn't be the worst move....but I sure bet they catch heat for it through

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So a noted HUGE Cowboys fan and entire family as well. You couldn't offer this guy 1 year 7 million?????

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm thinking they may get nervous and go after Brooks....late 1st after a trade down. Wouldn't be the worst move....but I sure bet they catch heat for it through
A first round pick on a TB coming off an injury?

Yeah, the screams Cowboys.

John813

Reaction score
Exactly. 1 year deal is perfect for him. No long term implications, etc. Ride and die with him for a year and you have options/flexibility again after this season.

Why fans in Dallas are so afraid of older FAs, if signed to smart deals, is bizarre to me.
Cause you OVERPAY free agents. Just like our trusted leader once said, you pay good players great money in Free agency.
Here in Dallas, with this top notch front office, they only hand out excellent deals that always match the players production .
Bet you can't name one bad deal over this past decade, as this front office busted their butts to get to where they are now. No free rides here.

We can't over pay Aaron Jones when you hand out honest offers to Prescott or Parsons. they see Jones getting overpaid and next thing you know they are asking for a bigger deal.
Limited slices of the pie.