Vikings sign RB Aaron Jones

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL, wait, it was only a 1 year deal for $7MM?

I just can't with these idiots running the team. That's a deal they should have been all over.
I'm on record saying I don't care about overpaying. Not my money. But we all would be pissed I they come out of this free agency with a 7 million dollar Aaron Jones. We find ourselves pissed at this team for the moves don't make. Aaron Jones is not a needle mover. Yes, he whoops our *** every chance he gets. To me I need a 2nd or 3rd round rookie in here with Derrick Henry. Probably won't happen but that's a needle mover.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You can always tell who the older ones are here. Have no idea what’s going on anymore.
He's absolutely right. Aaron Jones is not a needle mover you just think he's good because he destroys our *** every time he gets. I would've signed him for 7 million. But I certainly understand why someone wouldn't.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Aron Jones is better than
He's absolutely right. Aaron Jones is not a needle mover you just think he's good because he destroys our *** every time he gets. I would've signed him for 7 million. But I certainly understand why someone wouldn't.
A
I'm on record saying I don't care about overpaying. Not my money. But we all would be pissed I they come out of this free agency with a 7 million dollar Aaron Jones. We find ourselves pissed at this team for the moves don't make. Aaron Jones is not a needle mover. Yes, he whoops our *** every chance he gets. To me I need a 2nd or 3rd round rookie in here with Derrick Henry. Probably won't happen but that's a needle mover.
jones is better than Henry

Sydla

Reaction score
I am fine with Derrick Henry as long as it's not some stupid multi-year deal. But Jones would have been a real fit here. The fact Jones was too expensive and they were in on Moss who only got a two year deal for $4MM per year tells me all I need to know about what their plan is.

They are going bargain shopping here at TB. Maybe the best we can hope for is a guy like Dobbins, desperate for a job and they'll cross their fingers and hope he can stay healthy.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He carried GB on his back down the stretch and dominated. He’s absolutely wrong and so are you. 7 million for a difference maker at RB is an absolute value. He is far better than pollard and they paid pollard 11 million. Jones at 7 million for a year is a great value.

Sydla

Reaction score
Even in an injury plagued year last year, he still averaged 4.6 ypc. When he got healthy by year end, he was really good down the stretch and then played great in the two playoff games against us, yes, but also the 49ers rushing for over 100 yards on them.

Dude is better than you give him credit for.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
When your best is signing a LB with one leg, a LB with a bad neck, a running back who you drafted 4th overall and doubled down with a massive contract, and also paid a DE who's decent but paid him too of the market money, you deserve every bit of what happens to you.
Good for them as the dye is cast of the rebuild and lame duck year is a reality for them after numerous years of paying out the bags and getting 2 playoff wins in return for their investments.
Heck, I would be on the Yacht knowing I tried my best but was let down by our so-called stud players esp on offense.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The plan always was to draft a running back. The problem is to get a good one, the Cowboys will have to draft them with the second round pick.
So now that the entire NFL world knows Dallas will have to draft a RB in the 2nd round, you can bet on about 3 teams to jump ahead of Dallas to take the good ones still left on the board.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I am fine with Derrick Henry as long as it's not some stupid multi-year deal. But Jones would have been a real fit here. The fact Jones was too expensive and they were in on Moss who only got a two year deal for $4MM per year tells me all I need to know about what their plan is.

They are going bargain shopping here at TB. Maybe the best we can hope for is a guy like Dobbins, desperate for a job and they'll cross their fingers and hope he can stay healthy.
Bargain shopping at running back makes sense but I'm not sure if our offensive line is the line to make a good tail back look elite. Eagles can get away with that and hell they even went and got Barkley. I usually wait until free agency is over before I talk about how stupid this front office is and I probably will wait but it doesn't look good. But this is typical. It's becoming a year round tradition around these parts. Just pathetic. I can't even imagine them actually wanting to sign Zack Moss....but I guess that's their Ronald Jones signing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He carried GB on his back down the stretch and dominated. He’s absolutely wrong and so are you. 7 million for a difference maker at RB is an absolute value. He is far better than pollard and they paid pollard 11 million. Jones at 7 million for a year is a great value.
He had 700 yards. We complained about Pollard and he's older than Pollard.

Smith22

Reaction score
So now that the entire NFL world knows Dallas will have to draft a RB in the 2nd round, you can bet on about 3 teams to jump ahead of Dallas to take the good ones still left on the board.
It's 2024 not 1990. 3 teams aren't trading up for a RB in the 2nd.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Even in an injury plagued year last year, he still averaged 4.6 ypc. When he got healthy by year end, he was really good down the stretch and then played great in the two playoff games against us, yes, but also the 49ers rushing for over 100 yards on them.

Dude is better than you give him credit for.
I'm no by no means trying to pretend like he couldn't help. He could. He's an upgrade. But I think signing him or even Henry means we wouldn't draft someone. Ultimately, I'd want someone better than Aaron Jones. I don't think he's better than a healthy Pollard.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm no by no means trying to pretend like he couldn't help. He could. He's an upgrade. But I think signing him or even Henry means we wouldn't draft someone. Ultimately, I'd want someone better than Aaron Jones. I don't think he's better than a healthy Pollard.
Has anyone said that Jones or Henry means we shouldn't draft a RB?

But reality is this is a pretty weak RB class. There is no first round RB. The best might be a guy coming off a major leg injury. So assuming we can sit on our hands and do nothing but sign some third string slop TB and then likely reach for a TB in the 2nd or 3rd and that solves our run game issues is just silly IMO.