Vikings sign RB Aaron Jones

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Has anyone said that Jones or Henry means we shouldn't draft a RB?

But reality is this is a pretty weak RB class. There is no first round RB. The best might be a guy coming off a major leg injury. So assuming we can sit on our hands and do nothing but sign some third string slop TB and then likely reach for a TB in the 2nd or 3rd and that solves our run game issues is just silly IMO.
Oh no one said that it was just my pure assumption based on the Cowboys track record.

I'm not a fan of the "weak class" argument. I remember when people said the Calvin Ridley draft was weak for receiver just for DJ Moore, Ridley and even Gallup to a lesser extent come out strong. To be honest? Typically when I hear the "its a weak class" it typically ends up being better then given credit for.

I heard 2022 class was weak and Pacheco was a 7th rounder in that class. Just gotta find the guy.

Loso86

Reaction score
Have no fear. Dowdle and a 3rd round RB will be enough....behind a questionable OL no less. Uggghhh....

Oh and hw can I forget about Deuce? LOL
That's what half of the fans want so I've heard

Jayinem

Reaction score
$7M??? Yeah that is far too much. I'm glad the Cowboys passed.
You're cheap with the Cowboys money, don't want us to win or something. You saw what happened last year where we paid a rb 11 mil (you still save 4 mil to sign Jones but not enough for you) it was mostly a pass only offense. And you don't want to pay a rb 7 million dollars which is nothing on a 255 million cap.

Remember this guy named Emmitt Smith? He was pretty important to 3 Super Bowls. Are we pretending it's a different sport now because QBs throw the ball more?

Jayinem

Reaction score
He's absolutely right. Aaron Jones is not a needle mover you just think he's good because he destroys our *** every time he gets. I would've signed him for 7 million. But I certainly understand why someone wouldn't.
Wrong as you usually are. He got injured but then came back and went on a tear running for around 120 yards per game.

bandfan

Reaction score
Wait, I heard on here that running backs are a dime a dozen now and you can get a good one out of any pickup sandlot game.....