Vikings upset with officials after missed call on hit to Bradford

Everson24

Reaction score
Chances are better that their LT timed the snap perfectly than a false start

We've seen many times where it appears on TV to be a false start...but it wasn't
Not the case here. I slowed it down and it was most certainly a false start.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I don't mind missed calls so much as calls where the refs actually saw a play and throw for bogus holding, clipping catch/no-catch.
I get that they can't have eyes on everything that happens and so some stuff will be missed, just be good at calling the stuff you DO see, correctly.

RS12

Reaction score
Somebody show me the "refs blew a call and the team benefited" column in the standings.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I look at it like this. Refs are taught to call what they see. Some are better at it than others.

The ref made a judgement call based on what he could see from his angle. Had he called it, he would've been guessing. And on the flip side, what if he HAD called it and Thornton only hit his shoulder pad vs the head, then the Cowboys would have a grievance.

So better to no call and go home.

Kaiser

Reaction score
OK, I'll ask. What is the penalty yardage assessed for "That boy touched my head and I think its bullying"?

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I noticed that Bradford didn't complain too much, nothing like what Brady would have done...
What does he have to complain about? The dude has made over $100,000,000 sitting on a bench in a cozy warmup pants/ Hoody combo. He should be in prison for theft.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
heres my thing...how are you supposed to come close from block/interrupting the past and NOT touch the qb's head? his arm is OVER his head. Its impossible.

It was clear it was incidental to trying to block the pass...no call to me is fine

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
Someone posted a Commander logo crying last week, I was trying to look for one of a Viking crying but couldn't find it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They don't want it to be fixed. It's how they keep games close and get the winners they want.
I think they like the controversy. It keeps all the general talking heads like the Sport Talk Radio guys focused on the NFL instead of talking about other sports like the NBA.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
the hilarious thing to me are all of the fans, Vikings and other teams, whining about how that hit to the head effected Bradford's throw.

Ummm no, that ball was way out before Thornton even touched him

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
OK, I'll ask. What is the penalty yardage assessed for "That boy touched my head and I think its bullying"?
It is a BS player safety rule anyways that had no effect on him overthrowing his WR by 10 yards....but if you they are going to whine then the play was dead from the false start.......shadddup!!!!!!

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Worst OL in the league and they get called for holding once...on the play where they couldn't avoid calling it...the sack.

Also, that flag came out very late. Their QB was already on the ground.
Makeup call, make it look good.
I bet if he completed a pass or even got the ball out...nada/no laundry.

I wonder if Free's hold was called right as it happened or after the apparent long run is/has taking place.

Seems as though they see something and hesitate to call it. Then wait to see the outcome of the play.
Presto, out comes the flag. I got this, bring them back.
It seems like our boys and other teams here this alot: "Wait, there's a late flag" :angry:What the ****!

Last edited:

Scotman

Reaction score
I notice there's no outrage that their LT had a false start on that very play which (had it been called) would have backed them up another 5 yards (to the 12) and the play where Bradford got head molested would have never happened to begin with.

Go figure.
Of course not! If they had backed up 5 more yards, the ball that sailed WAY too high could have been a catchable ball from further back. /s

knightrider94

Reaction score
I'm upset that they cannot find a jersey that fits Sam Bradford. Maybe they need to go to nflshop.com.