Vikings upset with officials after missed call on hit to Bradford

aikemirv

Reaction score
I look at it like this. Refs are taught to call what they see. Some are better at it than others.

The ref made a judgement call based on what he could see from his angle. Had he called it, he would've been guessing. And on the flip side, what if he HAD called it and Thornton only hit his shoulder pad vs the head, then the Cowboys would have a grievance.

So better to no call and go home.

To me that play is like the last second shot in Basketball. It has to be greivous to get the call. The hit had nothing to do with the play at all. Game over!

I mean how many times do they miss those ticky tack hits on the QB - a lot! Can Newton will tell you.....

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I don't want to hear a damned word about missed calls against the Cowboys.

This went completely un-called and there wasn't a lick of outrage by any non-Cowboys fan or mediot about it:

beasl.0.jpg

We're 11-1. Doesn't matter how we got there. We've had an ***-load of calls missed against our own team during that run and we overcame. Remember haters, we're 11-1 and no amount of whining on the planet will change it. Suck it!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They don't want it to be fixed. It's how they keep games close and get the winners they want.
sadly this seems to have some validity. I think if they do manipulate games, it is for the sports betting books, not for mara or nfl.

But they do make some strange rules, and then not call, and call very oddly.

The one ref, the head ref, he looked like someone who knew they were making some bad calls, but hey its my job!

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Had that been Brady, 27 flags would have been thrown. They have good reason to be upset. It should have been flagged & as has been pointed out, them falsestarting on that play, should have been flagged as well. We got a lucky break & I'll take it ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Had that been Brady, 27 flags would have been thrown. They have good reason to be upset. It should have been flagged & as has been pointed out, them falsestarting on that play, should have been flagged as well. We got a lucky break & I'll take it ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.
They got a Lucky break that the false start wasn't called. The false start would have totally negated the personal foul because once a false start is called, nothing else happened.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I don't want to hear a damned word about missed calls against the Cowboys.

This went completely un-called and there wasn't a lick of outrage by any non-Cowboys fan or mediot about it:

beasl.0.jpg

We're 11-1. Doesn't matter how we got there. We've had an ***-load of calls missed against our own team during that run and we overcame. Remember haters, we're 11-1 and no amount of whining on the planet will change it. Suck it!
that is a good example of not having proper officiating.
they need more refs and one in the booth for flagrant missed calls.
They dont have enough refs on the field and they cant see everything that happens.

The question is why doesnt the nfl fix it? I think they like it the way it is.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but only a no call after the no call on them on the same play,,,

The offsides was so close that I can't argue with the non call. Bradford getting smacked upside the head wasn't.

Let's put it this way. Had the Cowboys lost that game the same way with Prescott getting hit, you guys would have a petition up on ***BLOCKED*** right now.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Overall, the officiating was horrendous in this game.......and Dallas got the short stick in general. Good thing Garrett challenged that fumbled punt in the 2nd quarter or that also would have been a big one that was missed.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
The offsides was so close that I can't argue with the non call. Bradford getting smacked upside the head wasn't.

Let's put it this way. Had the Cowboys lost that game the same way with Prescott getting hit, you guys would have a petition up on ***BLOCKED*** right now.

Actually the 2nd false start was even more blatant than the 1st one.

If they blew the play dead the 1st time, they certainly should have the 2nd time as well.

BTW, how weird was it watching the Vikings have like 5 false starts at home? They had more than we did!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
We clearly got a favorable no call. Surprising considering the way they protect QBs these days.

Agree....and I understand the false start but I've seen that called all year even when I guy brushes a helmet or face mask. They are strict about it

VACowboy

Reaction score
Danielle Hunter smacked Dak in the head at 12:36 in the first quarter and didn't get called for it.

Cry me an ocean.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

It wasn't close on the false start in the least. Their left tackle was out of his stance before the pass was hiked. They would have had to go for it again from the 2.5 yard line. No guarantee whatsoever they make. This line that the call cost them the game is crap.