Vikings upset with officials after missed call on hit to Bradford

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There were more than enough violations against the Vikes that weren't called and bogus flags thrown against us to more than make up for any missed calls that hurt the Vikes. Both teams each faced their obstacles.

Anytime a team's fortunes depend upon an official's call to win a game, it because they didn't do enough to win the game on their own. They had their fair share of chances, just like we did. We overcame our obstacles while they didn't.

As a matter of fact, nobody feels sorry for us when we lose that way. As the same token, I surely feel no obligation to mourn for them. It's a part of football every team has to face every now and again. I'm pretty sure they'll get over it . . . ;)

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Sam Bradford was hit on the helmet by Cowboys defensive tackle Cedric Thornton while throwing the ball away on an attempted game-tying two-point conversion, the kind of hit that often draws a roughing the passer penalty. But there was no flag.wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Bradford immediately turned to referee Tony Corrente to point out he’d been hit but said after the game that Corrente told him that Thornton only touched his shoulder pad, not his facemask. Bradford may have been upset, but by far the most upset Viking was defensive end Brian Robison, who ripped the officiating.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ficials-after-missed-call-on-hit-to-bradford/
Well I was upset when Dez got robbed in Green Bay and it cost us a trip to the NFC title game.

Hey Vikes, chit happens............its called life.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Missing the scrape in the head was a bad call. Missing the false start was a bad call. Amd those two were screed up calls #17 and #18 for that game.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The ref was to Bradford's right and his view was clearly blocked by Thornton's left arm

bradford-helmet-hit.jpg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the last time we have to see this officiating crew this season............they were horrible for both teams

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
i mean complaining about not getting that call makes them look like a bunch of pansies. like i can understand the outrage over an obvious pass interference call like the one Sherman pulled on Julio Jones because PI is actually a very game altering advantage, but a love tap to the helmet by a defender trying to bat the ball down is not. The rule was created for safety not to rectify an advantage the defender has over the QB.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Sam Bradford was hit on the helmet by Cowboys defensive tackle Cedric Thornton while throwing the ball away on an attempted game-tying two-point conversion, the kind of hit that often draws a roughing the passer penalty. But there was no flag.wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Bradford immediately turned to referee Tony Corrente to point out he’d been hit but said after the game that Corrente told him that Thornton only touched his shoulder pad, not his facemask. Bradford may have been upset, but by far the most upset Viking was defensive end Brian Robison, who ripped the officiating.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ficials-after-missed-call-on-hit-to-bradford/

Mmmm, delicious tears. :laugh:

zeroburrito

Reaction score
They got a Lucky break that the false start wasn't called. The false start would have totally negated the personal foul because once a false start is called, nothing else happened.

but with that they get a redo on bradfords terrible pass. even if it is a penalty that's much better for them.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I just hope the refs don't come out and screw us over in the playoffs. Remember that Lions game back in 2014? What happened in the playoffs vs GB? The refs will come back to set matters straight.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

That reminds me of something , blokes.
Yawn.........

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Its already an afterthought, not a word about it on espn or any of the other sports sites tonight, mostly NBA stuff and college football with Ohio losing tonight.

Nobody cares about the Vikes outside of Minny:laugh:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I hate that rule anyway. A vicious hit the head, yes throw the flag. Jumping up to try and block the pass and coming down with a hand touching the QBs helmet with little to no force should not be a penalty. Only hits that have enough force to do some type of damage should be called.