Vinny Curry to be released

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not even, Curry has never been a fulltime player. Crawford has and at multiple positions.

Tyrone Crawford has only started for us, because or DL has sucked for most of the years he has been with the team.

Ideally he is a rotational player and nothing more.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Curry's 29, Scandrick 31, playing a position where players generally have more longevity.

I don't know if we'll end up being able to trade Orlando or not. If we do, though, it'll be to a contender who wants a cheap one or two year rental while they develop younger players. Which is why I think a team like SEA makes sense. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility, though. The Ravens just did almost the exact same deal ($3MM for Brandon Carr, 30 years old at the time, with a team out after the first year). The Jets paid $4.5MM for Mo for a one year rental. Scandrick's still playing at a level comparable to both of those guys, and he can play slot.
Mark my words.

Unless Scandrick is a throw in or something, he will not get traded for anything of value.

This is just another case where our poor presentation and awful contract structure led to the inevitable outcome of release.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford has only started for us, because or DL has sucked for most of the years he has been with the team.

Maybe.

I know he's been flipped around a lot, which can't be helping his development.

Alexander

Reaction score

Crawford is the last player people need to be bringing up if they want to talk about how a contract we have drawn up has paid off.

I am actually shocked that somebody actually had it in them to say that publicly.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Yea, I've read a couple of different articles that said the eagles have very little cap space and a few will be getting released........the eagles will see the real downside to winning a championship:
1. coaching staff gets cherry picked
2. Cap casualties
3. You get to wear a great big target on you that really wasn't there before.

Just to name a few.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We don’t need another DE, we need a big body true DT, that only plays DT. No versatility crap..

Alexander

Reaction score
Yea, I've read a couple of different articles that said the eagles have very little cap space and a few will be getting released........the eagles will see the real downside to winning a championship:
1. coaching staff gets cherry picked
2. Cap casualties
3. You get to wear a great big target on you that really wasn't there before.

Just to name a few.
I don't doubt it.

It is the price you pay for winning. Everyone else wants a piece of it.

That said, I don't think they are going to suffer a lot for it. They will be okay when you get down to it.

But they won't repeat. No way. Zero chance.

DiResta

Reaction score
ib4 the Eagles trade him to Cleveland for the #4 overall pick and a bag of spicy doritos

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
I like Bennie Logan more than I like Curry for what the Cowboys need inside. Lots of available options among players that can play the 1 tech if the Cowboys want to improve the interior of the defense.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah except both are very solid players, and what he WAS paid is irrelevant

We already have very solid players. We need impact players. Vinny Curry is not an impact player.

He is what I said he is, a JAG and certainly nothing to write home about.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don't doubt it.

It is the price you pay for winning. Everyone else wants a piece of it.

That said, I don't think they are going to suffer a lot for it. They will be okay when you get down to it.

But they won't repeat. No way. Zero chance.
Yea, it's hard to repeat once much less like the Pats have been able to do......one thing that's helped them is Brady and Belichic are a rare chemistry that only comes around every few decades if that often.
Secondly, they Pats were blessed to be in a division where they were gifted with 5-6 wins every season making a short regular season for them. They did step up in the post season though so I do give them that.

Proof

Reaction score
We already have very solid players. We need impact players. Vinny Curry is not an impact player.

He is what I said he is, a JAG and certainly nothing to write home about.

Perhaps. I’m not advocating signing him, just pointing out that what the eagles paid him means nothing if he’s cut

robjay04

Reaction score
This is exactly the type of fallout I was talking about with the Eagles winning the SB. All their own FA's will be overpaid and get huge offers elsewear. It will be impossible for them to keep that team together. Already dumping quality guys in anticipation.

And they aren’t even paying a QB.

Yet.

diefree666

Reaction score
the giants got two Lombardi's by basically having enough pass rushers to platoon and thus have them relatively fresh in the fourth quarter.
Vinny Curry would be the equivalent to one of those guys. If Lawrence holds true to this season curry would be probably our #2 sack guy. If some of the other young guys are able to contribute we would be getting near to what the Giants did. One of our greatest failures while DWare was here was NEVER getting a good #2 sack guy to take the pressure off of him. Curry has a career high of 9 sacks in a season and is still young enough to give us three years. So there is reason to look at this carefully

Proof

Reaction score
Crawford is the last player people need to be bringing up if they want to talk about how a contract we have drawn up has paid off.

I am actually shocked that somebody actually had it in them to say that publicly.

Maybe I need to read further in the thread but who said his contract paid off? I said divorced from cost he’s a pretty solid player