Video: Vintage Romo

erod

Reaction score
Please stop. that's so unrealistic I'm having trouble understanding why anyone would suggest that. His postseason performances prove that not only could he NOT win any game on his own, (that's ridiculous) but he wasn't capable of winning any SB.
He also had good teams around him. His 1st season he started games is one example. If he didn't bobble the snap, we're on to the divisional round.
Seattle moved on and lost to Chicago by 3 points. Another game we could have won.
This is sheer football idiocy.

erod

Reaction score
More great throws in that one game than we've seen in three years combined.

GenoT

Reaction score
Bottom-line: Romo didn’t get it done.

Nice guy, great stats...no Chips.

Get over it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And to celebrate the fact we have the most lazy and gutless front office, here is thread reminiscing about the past glory of the Romo years.

But never mind the fact that this same ridiculously stupid front office ruined his chance to fulfill his talents.

Whats hilarious is when posters trash Romo and blame him for a loss in which the offense scores over 50 points.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Romo putting up big numbers in a loss is “Vintage Romo”.

Losing shoot outs sucks, but I guess getting blowed out is better?

I don't remember Romo ever losing 4 games by 20+ during any season he started every game, unlike Dak.

Just saying;)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yes and our "big games" were typically week 17 play in games and low level playoff games. He never really got to a true "big game" that QBs are ultimately measured by...championship games.

Well our week 17 game last year was watching Dak beat the Eagle's practice squad 6-0.

It don't get any better than that:thumbup:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well our week 17 game last year was watching Dak beat the Eagle's practice squad 6-0.

It don't get any better than that:thumbup:
You’re right. Those are about the games we are accustomed to winning. Problem is nobody brags about that victory for Dak as a week 17 win. We know it is trash. If that was Romo playing, there would be claims he beat the SB Champs in week 17.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought we could all use a pick me upper...Romo 500 yards 5 tds...Hope to see Dak progress to this level someday

Unfortunately, it's the quintessential Romo.

On the verge of NFL history. Broncos couldn't stop us all day. A full field to go. Romo has 506. The all time record for passing yardage is 551, set in 1951 by Norm Van Brocklin.

March down the field, set the all time record, get the win, over Peyton Freaking Manning, in the greatest passing shootout of all time. Romo achieves a moment of immortality before his career is done.

But, no.

Pocket collapses. Gets stepped on. Throws it to lame-O Escobar in triple coverage instead of Murray, who doesn't have anyone around him for 10 yards.

I remember thinking when the drive started, "Win or lose, please please please don't let it be Romo's fault after a performance like this."

But, no.

Always Almost Tony. Always some freakiness involved too.

Seattle playoff bobbled snap. After driving the field. After Witten can't make a TD, on a reversed call. Then, before Grammatica whiffs the block that would have gotten Tony the end zone. And then *before* the defense can't stop them on the 1 yard line to get the ball back. All that, after UDFA Tony had brought a moribund franchise to life. But, the story line "Tony Chokes".

NYG Playoff Game, and the final attempt to Glenn intercepted *after* the play before that Crayton pulled up his route on a sure TD.

2014. The UnCatch. Which, probably they lose anyway. But at least then, it wouldn't have been the offenses' failure to get the lead that did it. Whatever you say about the loss, it wouldn't be "Tony Choked Again".

At the Broncos game, it really looked to be like there would be no last hurrah for Tony. The Romo Window was closing. Could he just have that moment?

No.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
You’re right. Those are about the games we are accustomed to winning. Problem is nobody brags about that victory for Dak as a week 17 win. We know it is trash. If that was Romo playing, there would be claims he beat the SB Champs in week 17.

Winning season for Garrett!

That's all that game was. A fraud, to make Garrett's record look better, and cost us some draft value.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Winning season for Garrett!

That's all that game was. A fraud, to make Garrett's record look better, and cost us some draft value.
Garrett is 3-5 in week 17 games.

He is 3-2 in meaningless week 17 games, with 2 of the 3 wins hurting draft position. The other win we had already made playoffs and seeding went unchanged.

He is 0-3 in week 17 games that would have advanced the teams to the playoffs.

Big_D

Reaction score
At the height of a young QBs career Jerry’s bringing in moronic coaching. Making an absolutely ridiculous trade , on top of poor drafts etc.. you want to screw your QB , just ask Jerry how it’s done, he’s great at it. That’s the truth. Hard to hold the QB to a specific standard but no one else. Aikman and Staubach were great, but there were also high standards and expectations set for the rest of those championship teams.

Last edited:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Romo definitely didn't have the Doomsday defense helping him out... Ware and Newman were the only defensive players that could've started on any of the Defenses Staubach had(maybe Lee also).

ufcrules1

Reaction score
At the height of a young QBs career Jerry’s bringing in moronic coaching. Making an absolutely ridiculous trade , on top of poor drafts etc.. you want to screw your QB , just ask Jerry how it’s done, he’s great at it. That’s the truth. Hard to hold the QB to a specific standard but no one else. Aikman and Staubach were great, but there were also high standards and expectations set for the rest of those championship teams.

I was clearly not a fan of Tony Romo. He was a very good Qb but not at all a great QB. His win or go home/playoff stats were not as good as his regular season stats. He didn’t do anything overly amazing in the playoffs. But your statement is very accurate. Jerry has done this thie whole time he has been here. Romo should have demanded better though. I know if I were a good QB I would want to win and demand a better defense or be traded.