Video: Vintage Romo

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sounds like you pulled it out of your rear as I suspected. And I just told you, Romo did not struggle in those games, so whatever point you are trying to make about "the team" is irrelevant. Other quarterbacks are the types that have "won big games"? That goes against exactly what you just said, which is that these type of games tend to be pulled out against teams that aren't very good. Let's look at Drew Brees comeback since 2014, and the opp. records:
2-14 Tampa bay
2-14 @Tampa Bay
4-12 Dallas
6-10 NY Giants
8-8 @Atlanta
5-11 @ San Diego
6-10 Carolina
10-5-1 Seattle
7-8-1 @Arizona
7-9 @Green Bay
7-9 Washington

So one winning record... sounds like greatness to me. And glancing at other quarterbacks it appears to be more or less the same. The only exception I would guess would be Brady, because the Patriots pretty much win every game comeback or not. It sounds like your original hypothesis is correct, but your attempts to make Romo look bad are weak and baseless.
Brees is looking to win Super Bowls, not seeking accolades for comebacks

pete026

Reaction score
Sounds like you pulled it out of your rear as I suspected. And I just told you, Romo did not struggle in those games, so whatever point you are trying to make about "the team" is irrelevant. Other quarterbacks are the types that have "won big games"? That goes against exactly what you just said, which is that these type of games tend to be pulled out against teams that aren't very good. Let's look at Drew Brees comeback since 2014, and the opp. records:
2-14 Tampa bay
2-14 @Tampa Bay
4-12 Dallas
6-10 NY Giants
8-8 @Atlanta
5-11 @ San Diego
6-10 Carolina
10-5-1 Seattle
7-8-1 @Arizona
7-9 @Green Bay
7-9 Washington

So one winning record... sounds like greatness to me. And glancing at other quarterbacks it appears to be more or less the same. The only exception I would guess would be Brady, because the Patriots pretty much win every game comeback or not. It sounds like your original hypothesis is correct, but your attempts to make Romo look bad are weak and baseless.
So you used one QB and therefore my point is baseless. Good job! You also picked the most reckless QB of the QBs known for comebacks. Strong counterpoint!

What I know is most of Romo's comebacks were against lousy teams so keep spouting about how many 4th quarter combacks he has if it makes you feel good. As I've said before, every time I read your posts I swear I see JJs lips moving in your avatar.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
So you used one QB and therefore my point is baseless. Good job! You also picked the most reckless QB of the QBs known for comebacks. Strong counterpoint!

What I know is most of Romo's comebacks were against lousy teams so keep spouting about how many 4th quarter combacks he has if it makes you feel good. As I've said before, every time I read your posts I swear I see JJs lips moving in your avatar.
I see your lips moving, but nothing intelligible coming out. I used one quarterback, which is one more than you used making your baseless claims. So let's make a bet, loser leaves the board forever. I assert that Romo's "4th quarter comeback opponent record" is no different than any other QB from his era. You may define the terms of the bet beyond that. What do you say?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Romo was a highlight reel most of the time. In the regular season.
Post season? Meh, not so much.
Losing 4 out of 6 playoff games is much more relevant than "comeback" stats.
So is not ever passing for more than 300 yards in a playoff game. Ever.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I see your lips moving, but nothing intelligible coming out. I used one quarterback, which is one more than you used making your baseless claims. So let's make a bet, loser leaves the board forever. I assert that Romo's "4th quarter comeback opponent record" is no different than any other QB from his era. You may define the terms of the bet beyond that. What do you say?

Does any other fanbase brag about 4th quarter comebacks as if that is a great accomplishment?

pete026

Reaction score
I see your lips moving, but nothing intelligible coming out. I used one quarterback, which is one more than you used making your baseless claims. So let's make a bet, loser leaves the board forever. I assert that Romo's "4th quarterback opponent record" is no different than any other QB from his era. You may define the terms of the bet beyond that. What do you say?
I say why did you stop the Brees comparison at 2014? Started to see a whole bunch of playoff teams in the years before that? I gave the whole picture of Romo for good or bad. You cherry-picked 3 of Brees best comeback years. You must be related to Jerry. Always looking thru rose-colored glasses. Or should I say Romo-colored glasses.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
See, people still hating on Romo even though they know now that he had no supporting cast on defense.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I say why did you stop the Brees comparison at 2014? Started to see a whole bunch of playoff teams in the years before that? I gave the whole picture of Romo for good or bad. You cherry-picked 3 of Brees best comeback years. You must be related to Jerry. Always looking thru rose-colored glasses.
Do you want to do the bet or not? You can include whatever years you like. If you're too scared to do it, I won't mention it again but for God's sake stop stalling and avoiding.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Totally true. Romo was no Brady but he was more than capable enough to win multiple Super Bowls. Some on his own.

Yes, he was more than capable of winning multiple Super Bowls. There are a lot of QBs more than capable of winning Super Bowls that actually didn't or haven't.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
We haven't had a decent secondary since 95.
But you insist that we had three Top 10 defenses from 2007-09.

Passer rating is one of the stats with the strongest correlation to wins. If you're judging the quality of a defense (which is what we're doing, remember?), you have to look at defensive passer rating.

I've posted up the stats how points per drive can be skewed if the offense is turning the ball over.
So take out points per drive. This is just drive success rate and defensive passer rating.
2006 20th
2007 12th
2008 14th
2009 13th
2010 27th
2011 23rd
2012 28th
2013 29th
2014 19th

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yes, he was more than capable of winning multiple Super Bowls. There are a lot of QBs more than capable of winning Super Bowls that actually didn't or haven't.
For real Marino was twice as good as Romo and never won a super bowl.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
But you insist that we had three Top 10 defenses from 2007-09.

Passer rating is one of the stats with the strongest correlation to wins. If you're judging the quality of a defense (which is what we're doing, remember?), you have to look at defensive passer rating.

So take out points per drive. This is just drive success rate and defensive passer rating.
2006 20th
2007 12th
2008 14th
2009 13th
2010 27th
2011 23rd
2012 28th
2013 29th
2014 19th
You already posted your cherry picked stats

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
You already posted your cherry picked stats
"Cherry-picked" would mean I was ignoring something important.

In that last set of rankings, I left out points per drive because you said you didn't like the stat. So that was actually you ignoring something important.

pete026

Reaction score
Do you want to do the bet or not? You can include whatever years you like. If you're too scared to do it, I won't mention it again but for God's sake stop stalling and avoiding.
So you brought Brees into this. What is his career 4th quarter comeback opposing team win percentage. It should be easy as you were obviously very quick at doing those 3 years.

It would be a stupid bet on your part if you let me pick the years. But that is your MO.