Video: Vintage Romo

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Totally true. Romo was no Brady but he was more than capable enough to win multiple Super Bowls. Maybe even some on his own.
Please stop. that's so unrealistic I'm having trouble understanding why anyone would suggest that. His postseason performances prove that not only could he NOT win any game on his own, (that's ridiculous) but he wasn't capable of winning any SB.
He also had good teams around him. His 1st season he started games is one example. If he didn't bobble the snap, we're on to the divisional round.
Seattle moved on and lost to Chicago by 3 points. Another game we could have won.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Can we all agree that the team never won the big game with Romo for a multitude of possible potential reasons and move on?

Yes and our "big games" were typically week 17 play in games and low level playoff games. He never really got to a true "big game" that QBs are ultimately measured by...championship games.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
"Cherry-picked" would mean I was ignoring something important.

In that last set of rankings, I left out points per drive because you said you didn't like the stat. So that was actually you ignoring something important.
Points per drive is skewed when ur offense turns the ball over and makes the defense defend extra drives on a short field.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes and our "big games" were typically week 17 play in games and low level playoff games. He never really got to a true "big game" that QBs are ultimately measured by...championship games.
Exactly. We can all agree Romo kept us in games and helped win some, but win or go home games are an ugly reality.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
So you brought Brees into this. What is his career 4th quarter comeback opposing team win percentage. It should be easy as you were obviously very quick at doing those 3 years.

It would be a stupid bet on your part if you let me pick the years. But that is your MO.
By saying you can pick the years I mean simply that if you want to do their whole careers that’s fine. You can propose anything that is logical. Do you want to do it or not? Just don’t reply if you don’t want to, this is tiresome...

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Can we stop romanticizing the Romo years? He was just as complicit as JJ in maintaining the mediocrity. He didn't give a damn about winning anything he got his place at the Jones and table and family vacations.
Horse shiz. JJ is 100% to blame for Romo not getting a ring. Romo wasted his talent on some garbage *** teams.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Sure, but not sure what else you'd expect when his oline fell apart worse than what happened to Dak in the Atlanta game this past year. Same thing still would have happened no matter the QB back there.

You should go re-watch that game.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Please stop. that's so unrealistic I'm having trouble understanding why anyone would suggest that. His postseason performances prove that not only could he NOT win any game on his own, (that's ridiculous) but he wasn't capable of winning any SB.
He also had good teams around him. His 1st season he started games is one example. If he didn't bobble the snap, we're on to the divisional round.
Seattle moved on and lost to Chicago by 3 points. Another game we could have won.
Well, you just lost any respect I had for your football knowledge. This shows you have none.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
League rank in Defensive Passer Rating of QB's defenses in his career (defense's rank when won SB)

1 Rogers
Packers 6th (1st)

2 Manning
Colts/Broncos 26th/3rd (15th, 4th)

3 Brady
Patriots 3rd (3rd, 1st, 7th, 10th, 8th)

4 Brees
Chargers/Saints 26th/23rd (3rd)

5 Wilson
Seahawks 1st (1st)

6 Romo
Cowboys 27th

7 Rivers
Chargers 13th

8 Roethlisberger
Steelers 2nd (8th, 2nd)

The QB themselves are ranked by passer rating from 2006-14 (min 1000 att)

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Points per drive is skewed when ur offense turns the ball over and makes the defense defend extra drives on a short field.
Right, you said that. That's why I took it out for you, and showed you that Romo didn't have any Top 10 defenses when you take out points per drive.

I had posted a list that said Romo did have a Top 10 defense in 2009. But that list included points per drive. Which you don't like.

Riveting debate.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Horse shiz. JJ is 100% to blame for Romo not getting a ring. Romo wasted his talent on some garbage *** teams.
Then maybe he should've signed with a different team. Nobody forced him to sign extensions and stay here. Sure Jerry is a ****** GM but blaming him alone for Romo not getting a ring is ridiculous.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Right, you said that. That's why I took it out for you, and showed you that Romo didn't have any Top 10 defenses when you take out points per drive.

I had posted a list that said Romo did have a Top 10 defense in 2009. But that list included points per drive. Which you don't like.

Riveting debate.
So instead of total yards you are using passer rating against to determine a top defense lol.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
League rank in Defensive Passer Rating of QB's defenses in his career (defense's rank when won SB)

1 Rogers
Packers 6th (1st)

2 Manning
Colts/Broncos 26th/3rd (15th, 4th)

3 Brady
Patriots 3rd (3rd, 1st, 7th, 10th, 8th)

4 Brees
Chargers/Saints 26th/23rd (3rd)

5 Wilson
Seahawks 1st (1st)

6 Romo
Cowboys 27th

7 Rivers
Chargers 13th

8 Roethlisberger
Steelers 2nd (8th, 2nd)

The QB themselves are ranked by passer rating from 2006-14 (min 1000 att)

Look at that stat. Crazy.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Playoff wins
Staubach 13
Aikman 11
Romo 2

Years w/Top 10 Defense (points allowed)
Staubach 7
Aikman 7
Romo 1

Playoff wins W/O Top 10 Defense
Romo 1
Staubach 0
Aikman 0
Are you saying Romo is better than Aikman and staubach?

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I remember the last time we were ranked #1 on defense. It was 2003 and our QB was Quincy. Good times. I wonder what Romo would of done with that team. I'm still pissed about that Panthers loss.. They were beatable.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Then maybe he should've signed with a different team. Nobody forced him to sign extensions and stay here. Sure Jerry is a ****ty GM but blaming him alone for Romo not getting a ring is ridiculous.
No it isn't. Jerrah put together every one of those teams. He wasted Romo, Witten, and Wares careers in Dallas. Ware goes to another team with more than just him on D and gets his ring. Forgive Romo for showing loyalty to his team and you don't think that JJ wouldn't have put the tag on him if he refused to resign?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
So instead of total yards you are using passer rating against to determine a top defense lol.
Only because I know what the hell I'm doing.

Last year, the team with more yards in the game was 169-77 (.687).

The team with the higher passer rating was 208-46 (.819).

408Cowboy

Reaction score
No it isn't. Jerrah put together every one of those teams. He wasted Romo, Witten, and Wares careers in Dallas. Ware goes to another team with more than just him on D and gets his ring. Forgive Romo for showing loyalty to his team and you don't think that JJ wouldn't have put the tag on him if he refused to resign?
Romo named one of his kids Jones and goes on vacations with the Jones family along with Witten so excuse me for thinking they "care" as much about winning as the old man.