Vita Vea. Trade up?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We haven't even had the combine, so saying he is worth it to move up is sort of moot. What if Edmunds LB or James S are there with Vea at #10/#11? Which one do you move up to get? What we see as the most need doesn't translate to what the Cowboys see? We don't know how they will rate each of them on their board. What if Vea isn't in the top 20 on their board, if so, then highly unlikely we trade up to get him.

Draft night is going to be interesting.

I would take Edmunds or James.

Probably James before Edmunds even though I think we are much much more desperate for a Linebacker but James looks like a super talent.

We can find a guy to do a Nose Tackles job in FA that comes much cheaper but a Safety or Linebacker are going to cost a lot and we won't get the talent that these 2 have.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Honestly, I might look into Aaron Donald. I am not certain what the Rams might be able to do on his contract but I think he is an UFA next year. I might offer them our 1st round pick for Donald. I don't know if they would go for it but if they would, that would instantly make our Defensive Line a real factor.

JMO

IF we did that then I would be ok with trading Irving.

Go get Donald and a 2nd rounder. I would love to have 2 2nd rounders + Donald.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
IF we did that then I would be ok with trading Irving.

Go get Donald and a 2nd rounder. I would love to have 2 2nd rounders + Donald.

Can't say that I would mind that either. I think that if this were ever going to happen, it would probably be Lawrence who was moved, just for cap reasons, but yeah.

ghst187

Reaction score
Not in favor of trading up. Our team has depth issues at multiple positions, and will need every pick to try and rectify that.

I think we usually end up wasting and cutting half our mid to late picks anyway, I'm all for getting quality over quantity

Proof

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think that we would ever go after Poe in FA. He doesn't fit the profile. Same reason I don't think we will go after Vea. JMO though.

yeah i don't bother restricting myself to thinking about what they would do anymore, because it makes for a boring/depressing offseason lol

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I think we usually end up wasting and cutting half our mid to late picks anyway, I'm all for getting quality over quantity
If they can trade up for Vea, and then still get a starting caliber LB and Swing Tackle somehow, then that's ok. I don't see anymore glaring weaknesses throughout the roster, than those two positions. An upgrade at safety would be nice too, I suppose.