Video: Voch - No! You Can Not Trade Michael Gallup

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
This has been suggested on this board and also ,on the radio in Dallas. The idea is you go get Adams from the Jets and dangle Gallup and a first.

I suppose that is an idea. But why?

I think Voch answers that question.

Enjoy.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
You've got Gallup for two more years before his contract is up. I would think if he has another season like last year, you might want to think about re-signing him earlier.

But don't forget about the Jets game. Coop was out and Gallup needed to step up and he clearly didn't. He dropped several passes and didn't play like a No. 1 receiver.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's hoping the Cowboys' WR coach convinces Gallup to maintain his concentration 'til the ball is secured -- too many drops last year! :omg:

Perhaps it would help if he made him carry the ball with him wherever he goes. It helps RBs who tend to fumble! Might that apply to WRs also?

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This has been suggested on this board and also ,on the radio in Dallas. The idea is you go get Adams from the Jets and dangle Gallup and a first.

Enjoy.

It never fails. As soon as the Cowboys get any kind of depth at a position the first thing some fans want to do is trade some of that depth Often those same fans will later during the season complain and say that the Cowboys should have either drafted a player in that position or signed one in free agency. They just aren't happy having depth and then later complain because there is none.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Enjoy.

I think that this was speculation that started when Gary Myers threw Gallup's name out in trade talks. I don't think there's a shred of anything more to it than that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Enjoy.

Gallup and a first would be dumb, but Gallup and say a 4th would make all the sense in the world.

We are stacked at WR and Adams would be the leader of our defense and make a weak secondary formidable.

Gallup is probably going to command around 12 million at least in two years.

So the proper thing to do would be to approach Gallup NOW and try to resign him or at least see what they are looking for. If its stupid money then you actually SHOULD trade him so you get value before he walks.

plasticman

Reaction score
It never fails. As soon as the Cowboys get any kind of depth at a position the first thing some fans want to do is trade some of that depth Often those same fans will later during the season complain and say that the Cowboys should have either drafted a player in that position or signed one in free agency. They just aren't happy having depth and then later complain because there is none.
True that. A few years ago it was Lee. Before that is was La'El Collins.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

That's because it actually makes sense to do so. And its what makes the BPA thing so enticing. If you can fill a big hole and trade depth to do it, it makes sense.

Gallup is probably going to walk in two years.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They don’t care that much about the safety position. If they trade him it will be after this season. When his contract is up we will have to pay him or let him go. If he has a great year this year then we may get something for him but whomever gets him only gets 1 year and they will have to pay him.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
That's because it actually makes sense to do so. And its what makes the BPA thing so enticing. If you can fill a big hole and trade depth to do it, it makes sense.

Gallup is probably going to walk in two years.

Actually the teams the win a lot are the teams that have some depth because injuries always happen. Back in the 90's a huge reason the Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls is because they had depth at just about every position. They could rotate players without big let downs allowing everyone to be fresher in the 4th quarter. Those that want to trade players as soon as the Cowboys get some depth don't get that. All they see is some player they think the Cowboys want or they just want the Cowboys to get. Since this all started because another sportswriter made yet another wild speculation those that are so quick to trade depth jumped all over this.

Lastly it will be Jerry's or Stephen's decision to let Gallup walk or not and not some fan's wild speculation that it will happen.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No way. We finally saw Dak score 30 td's and people want to take away one of the big factors we have at wr. While we probably won't resign him but we need to take advantage of his abilities while we do have him on a cheap deal. Gallop is a bigger difference maker on this team than adams will be.

Trendnet

Reaction score

Enjoy.

The Cowboys have Tony Pollard and Devin Smith though. Gallup is expendable, amiright?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You've got Gallup for two more years before his contract is up. I would think if he has another season like last year, you might want to think about re-signing him earlier.

But don't forget about the Jets game. Coop was out and Gallup needed to step up and he clearly didn't. He dropped several passes and didn't play like a No. 1 receiver.

its one game. He missed 2 games last year with an injury or he would have lead the teams in yards.

cern

Reaction score
gallup is a coaches dream player. he is very coachable. he wants to excel. great teammate. hard worker. talk of trading him is ludicrous. remember our last #2 wr? t.williams of wrecked lambo fame? did he ever get the lambo fixed.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Gallup and a first for Adams is one of the dumbest trades I can think of. No team would do that.

I wouldn't trade Gallup straight up for him lol.
Every Jet fan I know....and theres more than a few....would tell you that isnt enough.

I love Adams and want him but I wouldnt give them a 1st and Gallup.

I would pull the trigger on a 1st and 3rd (which I'm normally very against doing) for this team at this time because....

I think they are a big time safety away from being a very good defense....one that's capable of winning.

They need a vocal leader type. Adams is that.

We have an extra 3rd, and I expect to pick low next year.

If youd take a safety with next years first anyway, you're basically paying a 3rd to ensure that player doesnt bust, and is the best at his position in the league. Small price to pay.

I realize he has to be paid but I'm expecting to be rid of certain contracts after 2021....#21, #54 and likely #19. They can afford him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I dont see Gallup walking at all.

I 100% envision the starting WR in 2022 as him and Lamb.

Lot of time between now and then, but the plan has to be to use Coopers money elsewhere after Lamb fell in their lap.