Video: Voch - No! You Can Not Trade Michael Gallup

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Gallup and a first for Adams is one of the dumbest trades I can think of. No team would do that.

I wouldn't trade Gallup straight up for him lol.

This. I would rather have two more cheap years of Gallup than one cheap year of Jamal Adams. Two years of Cooper, Lamb and Gallup will be a top tier receiving core (possibly #1). Then in two years we can figure out who to keep between Cooper and Gallup.

The Cowboys have Tony Pollard and Devin Smith though. Gallup is expendable, amiright?

Took me a sec to realize this is a joke lol.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This has been suggested on this board and also ,on the radio in Dallas. The idea is you go get Adams from the Jets and dangle Gallup and a first.

I suppose that is an idea. But why?

I think Voch answers that question.

Enjoy.

Trading Gallup next year could be a possibility, especially considering teams arent as concerned with contract control as in the past. Another 1,000 season and I think a first could be possible. However, you have to see sold on keeping Cooper the duration of his contract. Thats another big reason you dont trade Gallup now. Gallup deal ends at the same time Coopers guarenteed money does.

Also trading Gallup, we would be very thin at WR. Even amoung the people that pre draft were against trading for a WR, they saw the need to add a starting caliber player. If we trade Gallup now, we would probably have to trade for another WR

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I dont see Gallup walking at all.

I 100% envision the starting WR in 2022 as him and Lamb.

Lot of time between now and then, but the plan has to be to use Coopers money elsewhere after Lamb fell in their lap.
I think its most likely. Redoing Cooper's deal in 2021 could be an option as well. He will likely be willing to for more guarenteed money. However I dont what those #'s wouls be VS a Gallup extension.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
It never fails. As soon as the Cowboys get any kind of depth at a position the first thing some fans want to do is trade some of that depth Often those same fans will later during the season complain and say that the Cowboys should have either drafted a player in that position or signed one in free agency. They just aren't happy having depth and then later complain because there is none.

Yet again it comes down to the CAP space and team needs.

Going into the 2022 season we are NOT going to be able to afford Coops and Gallup....as a result the rumors and discussions about Gallup are more a compliment as he and his contract is likely to attract a better return, at a position we need to strengthen.

I'm going to change my signature to ….."Cowboys Fans Don't Do Defence"

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You've got Gallup for two more years before his contract is up. I would think if he has another season like last year, you might want to think about re-signing him earlier.

But don't forget about the Jets game. Coop was out and Gallup needed to step up and he clearly didn't. He dropped several passes and didn't play like a No. 1 receiver.
Gallup is a top receiver.

Still young and improving.

Megatron has retired.

When Cooper went out at the Jets..it hurt the whole team.

Dak still had Zeke and Witten and William's to help him step up. But never happened.

Gallop us not that type of player. Really Beasley should have stepped up more.

But no

Gallop is still an unknown ingredient. See what happens this year under McCarthy.

Not really sure these coaches are good enough to use the talent on hand yet before we start thinking of releasing or trading Gallup.

I mean come on..

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It never fails. As soon as the Cowboys get any kind of depth at a position the first thing some fans want to do is trade some of that depth Often those same fans will later during the season complain and say that the Cowboys should have either drafted a player in that position or signed one in free agency. They just aren't happy having depth and then later complain because there is none.
Much disrespect to actual depth at WR, too many memories of Terrance Williams, Randall Cobb, Tavon Austin, Allen Hurns, Brice Butlers.. the list is deep.
Too much fan under appreciation of the actual depth we have currently.
I say depth, but is not like WR1, WR2, WR3... this could be three WR1s running routes on game day.
Falcons with Julio and Ridley,, and a lot of upside after that, one could argue either way, but this is a very valuable commodity this Cowboys team has right now, and I agree,,
why devalue a team strength?
This WR core is probably on par with the strength we have at OL, esp since Tfred is gone.
Might be this teams greatest positional strength...
But lets trade away a valuable commodity, that can totally expose a defense.... lol

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Gallup and a first for Adams is one of the dumbest trades I can think of. No team would do that.

I wouldn't trade Gallup straight up for him lol.

Yeah but you are a Cowboys fan. And apparently a massive homer at that.

JBS

Reaction score
I think that this was speculation that started when Gary Myers threw Gallup's name out in trade talks. I don't think there's a shred of anything more to it than that.

There isn't. Meyers has said so himself

fivetwos

Reaction score
There isn't. Meyers has said so himself
Theres also the element of....if a 1st wont do it....and it's been speculated that a 1st and a 3rd wont do it, then what will?

Gotta be a 1st and reasonably good player still on his rookie deal, but not expiring next year.

Who does that leave? Guys like LVE, Williams and Gallup.

I doubt Dallas would consider dealing him, and they shouldnt.

The whole point of the Adams trade for Dallas would be to put you over the top. Removing Gallup doesnt support that cause.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The deal to consider would be Gallup for Adams straight up. That or a first.

Gallup is a 1000 yard receiver who is continuing to improve under cost control for two more years. There were only 29 1000 yard WR in the NFL this past season. The WR position is weight for weight the more valuable of the two postions.

I get that Adams is all pro but he's also going to be paid and it's the Jets with the locker room and front office concerns should he not be traded.

That being said the offense can survive without Gallup. There are 4 plus offensive threats assuming that Lamb and Pollard can play. That is the risk. That they cannot.

Really Adams for a first and hold firm. We have a shot to have 5 significant threats on the field at the same time.

JBS

Reaction score
Theres also the element of....if a 1st wont do it....and it's been speculated that a 1st and a 3rd wont do it, then what will?

Gotta be a 1st and reasonably good player still on his rookie deal, but not expiring next year.

Who does that leave? Guys like LVE, Williams and Gallup.

I doubt Dallas would consider dealing him, and they shouldnt.

The whole point of the Adams trade for Dallas would be to put you over the top. Removing Gallup doesnt support that cause.

Everybody is basically saying that a 1 and 3 is the price...so not sure why you are saying that isn't enough

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don't know when was the last time the Cowboys had two 1,000 WRs. ( Big props to Witten for being a half of a 1,000 yard pair with Miles, T.O. and Dez.)

MIN-Moss, Carter, Reed
WAS-Clark, Monk, Sanders
DEN-Johnson, Jackson, Nattiel
HOU-Givens, Jeffries, Hill

Cowboys are bringing back the Big 3 WR group. 2 years till a decision needs to be made...keep Gallup and shoot for 3 1,000 yard WRs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Actually the teams the win a lot are the teams that have some depth because injuries always happen. Back in the 90's a huge reason the Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls is because they had depth at just about every position. They could rotate players without big let downs allowing everyone to be fresher in the 4th quarter. Those that want to trade players as soon as the Cowboys get some depth don't get that. All they see is some player they think the Cowboys want or they just want the Cowboys to get. Since this all started because another sportswriter made yet another wild speculation those that are so quick to trade depth jumped all over this.

Lastly it will be Jerry's or Stephen's decision to let Gallup walk or not and not some fan's wild speculation that it will happen.

Being a complete team is more important than having depth. Having a great defense is more important than the #3 WR.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
hell no... Gallup could be Emanuel Sanders. He is entering his third year and ready to explode IMO. He would have multiple HUGE plays if Dak didnt overthrow him by a mile..... thi is not bash Dak thread, just stating a fact. Gallup is damn young, so is Cooper and now Lamb. We could have our WR set for the next 5 -6 years. Need a safety? Go get one in the draft next year. Gallup and a number 1 for Adams???? in my best John Mcenroe voice........... YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This has been suggested on this board and also ,on the radio in Dallas. The idea is you go get Adams from the Jets and dangle Gallup and a first.

I suppose that is an idea. But why?

I think Voch answers that question.

Enjoy.

It's a stupid idea. Adams isn't worth Gallup, a first round pick, and a big contract extension.

Getting Lamb is less of a coup if he's just going to replace Gallup. The coup is having (potentially) three studs at WR.