Von Miller traded to Rams

fivetwos

Reaction score
really 7? i missed that addition..hard to find 2 more playoff teams as of now..

saints may have won but lost Winston
i mean who else?

?? will be late surprises i guess.. Seattle could crawl back in

ill go Seattle and saints as of today
Yes. New as of last year.

This is what I've been saying about the importance of getting a high seed.

Only one team gets a bye, but even if we get say, the two seed instead.....we get the team you struggle to think of right now (probably SF/Min/NO) at home in round one as a softball, then another home game the following week.

Don't need to play on the road until the CG.

On the other hand, the division winning four seed will play the Rams/Ari runner up in round one at home and most likely need to go on the road in the division round.....and beat two of Tampa, GB, Rams/Ari on the road to get to the SB.

We really need that two seed over the four if we want to make noise when it counts.

I was upset when I thought the team thought they could afford to pass on last night's game, but they pulled it off. Color me extremely impressed.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Only one team gets a bye, but even if we get say, the two seed instead.....we get the team you struggle to think of right now (probably SF/Min/NO) at home in round one as a softball, then another home game the following week.

On the other hand, the division winning four seed will play the Rams/Ari runner up in round one at home and most likely need to go on the road in the division round.....and beat two of Tampa, GB, Rams/Ari on the road to get to the SB.

We really need that two seed over the four if we want to make noise when it counts.

I was upset when I thought the team thought they could afford to pass on last night's game, but they pulled it off. Color me extremely impressed.
lol odd i didnt notice i tried hard to forget last year..can you blame me?:p;)

I knew the nba had new playoff format for wc and reseeding the bottom few teams with play in but didn't realize the NFL did it.

blueblood70

Reaction score

well tampa and AZ losing with us winning helps a lot..

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Been out last 2 or 3 games.
Ok so it wasn’t a sprained knee. It was his ankle but it was against the Browns. It looked nasty at the time.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/fansided.com/2021/10/21/von-miller-injury-video-broncos/amp/

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Thats a crapy trade for the Rams unless they have an extension agreed upon also.

dckid

Reaction score
How is it that guys like this can be had for almost nothing, but Jerry and Co never seem to be able to make deals like this?
As critical as I have been of this Front office, I think our weakest point is... we like our guys. Signing that one free agent or making a trade even if you have to overpay is worth it.
94 Niners they signed Deion which put the over the top ( even though it took Jimmy getting fired and our FO not knowing how to deal with FA).
This year not going after Gilmore was probably a mistake, Miller on this Cowboy team would have been amazing.
The Rams better hope they stay healthy, because the Bucs, Cowboys & GB are not going away... That's why we love football, any given Sunday

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Eh I won't laugh. They're aggressive and working for it. There are no guarantees in the NFL, but the Rams have as good a chance as any of the upper tier teams.
I agree.
But dream teams seldom go all the way.

dckid

Reaction score
How are the Rams swinging this deal??
They will just convert money to signing bonus for all their big guys and always avoid the large hit. In two years the cap goes up because of the TV deal.
Look what the Cowboys did with Tyron. I think what got the Cowboys was the Romo injury and Dez retirement. Taking that large cap hit.
The biggest advantage in the league is having a reasonably priced QB, like Russel Wilson in 2012, Dak in 2016, Burrow, Herbert now. Surround them with as much talent as possible and try to win early.

dckid

Reaction score
Yeah I saw he's grading out well on PFF and has 5 sacks but the few games I've watched I don't even notice him. Mind you in his prime he was a guy that just flashed nearly every play on defense....
Yeah alone on Denver he can no longer dominate like he used to. Add him to the Rams along with Donald and company he will cause havoc.
Imagine adding him with Micah, Gregory & Tank. .
The funny part of this whole ordeal is I dont think the Rams had anymore first round pick to trade.

fivetwos

Reaction score
lol odd i didnt notice i tried hard to forget last year..can you blame me?:p;)

I knew the nba had new playoff format for wc and reseeding the bottom few teams with play in but didn't realize the NFL did it.
Ha yeah...I was actually gonna mention that.

I just figured it out this year myself.

Probably applies just a little more this time around.

But really......we can get two home games with the two seed and I think we need them to be able to get to where we want to be.

Last road win was the 92 season. Even though then has nothing to do with now, I doubt we can win two in the same season.

Think we are something like 0-9 on the road since then.

dckid

Reaction score
Thats a crapy trade for the Rams unless they have an extension agreed upon also.
Mike Lombardi says, cant tell my courage from my desperation..
There is a bit of desperation in this move. If the Rams win a SB all this was worth it. If they don't then their guys are all a year older and their season ended in disappointment again.
If they dont win the SB, it was a lost season.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What they do works.
What has worked for them recently?
The Ramsey trade (2 freaking 1st round picks) and gargantuan contract certainly hasn't worked out yet.
The Jared Goff draft debacle and subsequent stupid contract didn't work out.
How about Gurley's dumb contract?

I can go on.....

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Playoffs will be so tough...maybe the toughest in years. Two HOF QBs that have owned the Cowboys, the loaded Rams, and a talented Cardinals team that can be unpredictable but still plenty of firepower

I agree with this but man, if you make the playoffs anything can happen. Also, it is a LONG season too. We need to try and fight for that top spot to get a bye and homefield advantage. Hopefully the Cowboys make a move for some defensive help as well. We have a very strong team team this year and it feels like we are a few pieces away on defense to be able to take this thing all the way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah alone on Denver he can no longer dominate like he used to. Add him to the Rams along with Donald and company he will cause havoc.
Imagine adding him with Micah, Gregory & Tank. .
The funny part of this whole ordeal is I dont think the Rams had anymore first round pick to trade.
They still owe picks for Stafford if I’m not mistaken.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
What has worked for them recently?
The Ramsey trade (2 freaking 1st round picks) and gargantuan contract certainly hasn't worked out yet.
The Jared Goff draft debacle and subsequent stupid contract didn't work out.
How about Gurley's dumb contract?

I can go on.....

They don’t draft and they are one of the best teams in the league and have been to a Super Bowl recently.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Miller has 4.5 sacks this season.

That's more sacks than any Cowboy has, not named Randy Gregory, who has 5.
I know that.

He just has no full sacks in last 4 games, which what I was saying.
Hey, Im a Miller fan
Not saying he's shot, it just makes sense thata rebuilding team would take the cap space plus a 2ndand 3rd rounder for a 32 year old pass rusher

DFWJC

Reaction score
shades of ware going to the broncos. life is about to get a lot easier for him
Now that is true.
Aaron Donald will see to that

I see why both teams made the trade.

The Rams are comical on how quick they are to part with picks. They have nothingthenext year or two.

But right now, the Stafford deal is looking genius.
Dude is at or very near top of the league in every category and the team is 7-1
But the D is worse and needed a boost.

Last edited: