Von Miller traded to Rams

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
and the Cowboys also have as good a shot as any team... without trading away picks for an old Van Miller. if this was 5 years ago, they wouldnt have traded Van. There is a reason they were ok sending him away now.

They are just doing right by one of their all time greats. They know they aren't going to get it done this year, and he is going to want to go sign with a contender next offseason. They're loading up on draft capital and giving him an opportunity.

I read that they are eating most of his salary this year, so it's not like they are offloading his costs this seaosn.

Big_D

Reaction score
This completely. You and I disagree on the cap situation the next two years, but I think we can agree that our talent acquisition strategy works as far as the draft is concerned. Von Miller would be a nice addition but I am not convinced he is The Missing Piece, and that 2 and 3 is probably more valuable for us.

Plus you're adding those draft picks to a team that is really coming together. Should up the success they are already having with their young players.

gmb1

Reaction score
Rams are going for it so fine for them but that's an expensive price for current Von Miller on an expiring contract.
But if they can win the Superbowl in their home stadium this year then it's all worth it to them. SMH ughhhhhh....

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Championship mentality.

Either you value you it or you don't.

You obviously don't.

And the Stevie has said emphatically on several occasions that the cap is not an obstacle to improving the team.

My mentality isn't for 1 year of success but numerous so yes, we differ on opinions.

lkelly

Reaction score
and the Cowboys also have as good a shot as any team... without trading away picks for an old Van Miller. if this was 5 years ago, they wouldnt have traded Van. There is a reason they were ok sending him away now.
maxresdefault.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This completely. You and I disagree on the cap situation the next two years, but I think we can agree that our talent acquisition strategy works as far as the draft is concerned. Von Miller would be a nice addition but I am not convinced he is The Missing Piece, and that 2 and 3 is probably more valuable for us.

Yeah, after a little consideration, I definitely think we can use those picks for next year more.

We’re not ‘struggling’ to pressure opposing quarterbacks now and should (hopefully) be even stronger down the stretch.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
He had 4.5 sacks in the first 4 games and hasn't really done jack since then.
He sprained his knee I believe against the Browns. I can’t remember exactly who I was watching Denver play but Miller had to leave the game and didn’t return. I think he’s nursing that injury.

Reactions: BAT

gmb1

Reaction score
Jerry needs to get an offensive lineman to counter this. Tyron hurt and I don't trust Conner Williams. Do it today Jerry!

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Sorry...

But I still fear GB over the Rams. Aaron Rodgers? In his own words...until we beat him, he still owns us.

Rodgers is the one QB in the NFC along with Brady who can carry a team in the last two minutes and beat you.

These guys you don't want to have the ball on the last possession. Their stats for game winning and soul sucking drives is higher than most QBs.

Why do we have the saying that its defences that win in playoff time? It's because the most clutch QBs typically make it to the tournament, and the road to the SuperBowl requires defences to face clutch QBs.

In regular season you get your Goffs, Mayfield, Wentzs, etc. By the time the playoffs come around it not just great rosters, but many of those teams feature a great QB.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Rams are trying to go all in for the Super Bowl right now, as they don't seem on planning on trying to built off of young talent through the draft, that can have them be prolonged contenders years down the road. This could work for them, but then if it doesn't they'll be left with potential aging players down the road and not many draft picks to try and replace them.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Playoffs will be so tough...maybe the toughest in years. Two HOF QBs that have owned the Cowboys, the loaded Rams, and a talented Cardinals team that can be unpredictable but still plenty of firepower

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
My mentality isn't for 1 year of success but numerous so yes, we differ on opinions.

SB seasons are never guaranteed.

Your numerous years of success is hilarious.

Have you been a Cowboys fan these last 26 years????

VABoyz

Reaction score
THEY feel like they're in position RIGHT NOW to win a ring so they are going for it. i cant even be mad about that. defense damn sure wins championships. we'll see.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He sprained his knee I believe against the Browns. I can’t remember exactly who I was watching Denver play but Miller had to leave the game and didn’t return. I think he’s nursing that injury.

Been out last 2 or 3 games.