Von Miller traded to Rams

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Von Miller is 32, hasn't had a sack in the last 4 games, and is averaging about 2.5 tackles per game.

It IS a good short-term addition to the Rams, but this is not the same player from years past.

Broncos get a 2nd and 3rd round pick and a ton of cap space, so it's not an awful trade for them, as they are in rebuilding mode.

Miller has 4.5 sacks this season.

That's more sacks than any Cowboy has, not named Randy Gregory, who has 5.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Given the age of players like Miller (32), Stafford (33), Donald (30), and Ramsey (27) along with their contracts (and others) and now little draft picks, the Rams will be an absolute mess in 3 years.

gmb1

Reaction score
I really wanna punch something right now. So pissed. lol

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
So giving up a 2nd round draft pick and eating the remainder of his $44M in dead money (based on post 7 games thru the season) is good for Dallas?

Championship mentality.

Either you value you it or you don't.

You obviously don't.

And the Stevie has said emphatically on several occasions that the cap is not an obstacle to improving the team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They are going to have no picks next year if they keep this up. They are mortgaging their future for the present. If it doesn't payoff (win a SB) they are screwed for years.
they have 3 right now lol they are loading up for all in poker..SB or bust really 2 yr window before this catches up to them. it might be worth it..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, I just think Dallas drafts better than most and giving up 2 premium picks is a non starter for them. Heck, maybe Dallas can snag Miller in FA since he likes the team and comes to Dallas often.

I considered that as well.

The Cowboys will have plenty of needs to fill after this year and can really use all the picks they can get to do it.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
By my count, Rams have one pick in the first four rounds of the draft this year that's compensatory.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Fun fact. The Rams haven’t had a first round pick in like a decade. And now they are selling off their seconds.

khiladi

Reaction score
Still comes down to QB play. We got the OL....

The last time Dallas and the Rams played with our OL in check and Moore actually decided to run the ball, our OL dominated their front and both Zeke and Pollard ran over 100 yards each. Miller doesn't change this dynamic, particularly if Collins earns his spot back.

Rams OL is ranked pretty good as well, top 5 in both run and pass.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
no no no we don't trade Tank. it said a couple of second day picks...probably a 3rd, perhaps entice with a 2nd and a 3rd...you keep thank, Miller plays the same side, now you can pass rush from right and left, and with Tank, Gregory and Miller you have a nice pass rush Attack.

plus we couldn't absorb Tanks' money this year or next...

I'm selling Tank if Cowboys pick up another legit pass rusher.

He has always been fool's gold.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
of course we worry about ourselves first but as the playoff picture develops you have to acknowledge threats. The rams are a threat..

If you are facing a team in post season they are a threat. Rams are a threat, so are the Bucs, so are the Cardinals and so are the Packers. I have a great deal of respect for how these teams are playing and each presents problems for any team they face. I also look at this Cowboys team and know we too present problems for teams facing us.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Eh I won't laugh. They're aggressive and working for it. There are no guarantees in the NFL, but the Rams have as good a chance as any of the upper tier teams.
and the Cowboys also have as good a shot as any team... without trading away picks for an old Van Miller. if this was 5 years ago, they wouldnt have traded Van. There is a reason they were ok sending him away now.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I considered that as well.

The Cowboys will have plenty of needs to fill after this year and can really use all the picks they can get to do it.

This completely. You and I disagree on the cap situation the next two years, but I think we can agree that our talent acquisition strategy works as far as the draft is concerned. Von Miller would be a nice addition but I am not convinced he is The Missing Piece, and that 2 and 3 is probably more valuable for us.

kumizi

Reaction score
Rams are going for it so fine for them but that's an expensive price for current Von Miller on an expiring contract.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm selling Tank if Cowboys pick up another legit pass rusher.

He has always been fool's gold.
he is not a 20M per year DE...for sure, but he is a good DE no denying that....I think some despise him because he is not meeting our 20M per year DE expectations (sack totals)... he is a great contributor for sure, better than anybody else playing the position right now. with that said you want all the good resources you can get....to make a superbowl run....he would make this defense better.

plus thinking realistically. obviously draft picks get Von Miller, but would Denver pick up his contract? and can we absord his contract... realistically its no to both...