Wade gives team off today/Monday

Aven8

Reaction score
I heard last night on Newy that Wade was giving the team off today. I know it's only a watch film, stretch type day, but I think it's a mistake. He finally gets something out of this team for the first time in a month, then he let's off the gas.

Drew Pearson said that they can take there break during the bye week, but now is the time to really push the team to let them stay focused.

Maybe it's not a big deal....but after all the team, and Wade have been through, it just seems like a bad time to take a day off when you have the SB champs this week on the road.

Got Charmin?

DTK

Reaction score
Please tell me you're kidding? If this is true, this is yet another blunder by this coaching staff.

Smith22

Reaction score
As injured as the team is right now, it's probably a good idea to cut them a little slack. The game against the Giants will be a very physical contest, against a division rival. The Cowboys should know what to expect from the Gmen this week, a whole bunch of trash talking and a very physical running attack. We need our defensive front 7 to approach this game like a playoff game. If they can do that, the game should be interesting if we can get solid play from the QB position.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
wade should have them out there having 2 days full practices and tackling !!!!!!!!

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
Just because the coach gives them off, doesn't mean players aren't at Valley Ranch training!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It never fails to amaze me how slow people can be to recognize the obvious.

Right now our team is beat up physically and mentally drained by having the strain of non-stop drama(pac-man, injuries, wade on hot seat, t.o. not happy...).

This team won Sunday with pure grit. The Dallas Cowboys minus Romo, Witten, Newman, F Jones, Pacman, Henry, Kosier, RW38, Spencer, Hurd... is not exactly the most talented team in the NFL. We heard all last week about facing adversity and manning up but not a word now about it after they did just that.

They deserved the day off. They played hard and got the job done. It was the first real heart-laced effort in quite some time.

BTW, Wade called a great game and made some huge decisions with key calls on both offense and defense. He also deserves some credit and it was cool JJ gave him a game-ball.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
As much as it pains me to say this....I don't think the Cowboys care if they lose on Sunday to the Giants. First of all...if they REALLY WANTED TO WIN...Romo would be playing...and if not Romo, Bollinger. But the fact that Brad Johnson will continue to play is all the proof you need to know about their thoughts about the upcoming game.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
The coaches need time to review film of the Bucs game and Giants games, so they have a gameplan ready for the team on Tuesday.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;2377595 said:
As much as it pains me to say this....I don't think the Cowboys care if they lose on Sunday to the Giants. First of all...if they REALLY WANTED TO WIN...Romo would be playing...and if not Romo, Bollinger. But the fact that Brad Johnson will continue to play is all the proof you need to know about their thoughts about the upcoming game.

I don't buy that for a second. Bollinger may have a stronger are but what will beat a team faster than anything is mistakes and turnerovers. Dallas is not tanking this game and the reason Romo is not playing is because he can't. He has said by the time he can position the ball in his hand to be able to throw it the timing of the rout is out the window.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't have any issue with this. This is something that is pretty common in the NFL after a big W like this one, especially when it comes after a pretty rocky time.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;2377595 said:
I don't think the Cowboys care if they lose on Sunday to the Giants. First of all...if they REALLY WANTED TO WIN...Romo would be playing.
What good would it do to put a QB out there who can't handle a snap from center or make good throws consistently?

Johnson gets the start like it or not.

And I am really intertested in reading your augument that the Cowboys don't care if they lose this Sunday.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bbailey423;2377595 said:

Exactly. I mean, we have 'zero' chance of winning anyway. [/sarcasm]

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbailey423;2377669 said:
BOTTOM LINE FOLKS....if Sunday was a playoff game ROMO WOULD BE PLAYING

You nor I know that. There is more than just throwing the ball, if he can't grip it or it is taking him time to position the ball in his hand so that he can throw it and that is the case according to Romo, then no him playing is not going to help anyone and would only put him at greater risk of getting that hand re-injured.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
bbailey423;2377669 said:
BOTTOM LINE FOLKS....if Sunday was a playoff game ROMO WOULD BE PLAYING

Did it ever occur to you that the reason could be that if we were playing a playoff game, and we lost, he would have had nothing to lose. If he re-injures it during a playoff game and we lose, he has the entire off season to heal it. If we win, we likely wouldn't have if he hadn't played. He's not jeopardizing nearly as much by playing in a playoff game than he is midway through the season.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2377676 said:
You nor I know that. There is more than just throwing the ball, if he can't grip it or it is taking him time to position the ball in his hand so that he can throw it and that is the case according to Romo, then no him playing is not going to help anyone and would only put him at greater risk of getting that hand re-injured.
The initial injury report said he would be out UP to 4 weeks...this Sunday will be 3 weeks. Romo tried to play in St Loius. So no, I don't know for sure, but I strongly believe that if Sunday was a playoff game that Romo would play based on those FACTS I just laid out. So that leads me to believe that the Cowboys are not treating this game as a MUST WIN GAME. If they win, gravy...if they lose, well that just means they feel they can win 5 or 6 of their last 7 games. That is why I said what I said. You fall behind the Giants 3 games with 7 games to go...you pretty much have conceded the division....and I think this team is focusing on getting healthy and grabbing a wild card spot. I for one am not that naieve to think teams don't do a cost/benefit analysis when approaching the season from big picture perspective. Wheter or not that is smart is another story...but with the momentum we have on defense...and they morale boost the weapons on this offense would get...I think Romo should play.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
hey, those guys played hard........they deserve it today to rest up....the giants will be tough

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2377594 said:
It never fails to amaze me how slow people can be to recognize the obvious.

Right now our team is beat up physically and mentally drained by having the strain of non-stop drama(pac-man, injuries, wade on hot seat, t.o. not happy...).

This team won Sunday with pure grit. The Dallas Cowboys minus Romo, Witten, Newman, F Jones, Pacman, Henry, Kosier, RW38, Spencer, Hurd... is not exactly the most talented team in the NFL. We heard all last week about facing adversity and manning up but not a word now about it after they did just that.

They deserved the day off. They played hard and got the job done. It was the first real heart-laced effort in quite some time.

BTW, Wade called a great game and made some huge decisions with key calls on both offense and defense. He also deserves some credit and it was cool JJ gave him a game-ball.

So what....push them more!!!!!!!! don't let the intensity and fire and drive from yesterday's game die down it's not as if we are at the position to be resting plays either.....We should have came out in full pads double sessions and went to work!!!!!!!!!!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
tomson75;2377716 said:
Did it ever occur to you that the reason could be that if we were playing a playoff game, and we lost, he would have had nothing to lose. If he re-injures it during a playoff game and we lose, he has the entire off season to heal it. If we win, we likely wouldn't have if he hadn't played. He's not jeopardizing nearly as much by playing in a playoff game than he is midway through the season.
of course that occured to me...but did it ever occur to you that many other players have played with injuries FAR WORSE! It will have been 3 weeks...Brad give us ZERO chance. ZERO! So if we felt that we NEEDED this game.....Romo would play. My opinion, I am entitled to it...and I am sticking with it!