Wade just said they will try to get Osi's sack taken away...

Cowboys22

Reaction score
...in his press conference that they will get Osi's sack changed because it was a running play. Anyone know if that is possible. I figured since he got the QB behind the LOS it is a sack.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys22;1761190 said:
...in his press conference that they will get Osi's sack changed because it was a running play. Anyone know if that is possible. I figured since he got the QB behind the LOS it is a sack.

Nope, if it was truly a running play by the QB, it is not a sack.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense. How could the league possibly know if it was a running play?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1761201 said:
That doesn't make sense. How could the league possibly know if it was a running play?

They can tell by looking at the play.

This happens all the time.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I highly doubt they get that sack taken away. Like Theo said. How is the league to know it was a QB running play. Just take the play and move on Wade. We don't need to look like whiners to the league over a silly sack. Who cares? We dominated the Giants D yesterday. That and the win was all I cared about.

Makes zero sense to me.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1761216 said:
They can tell by looking at the play.

This happens all the time.
How could they possibly tell by looking at this play? It could have been a play-action pass.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Good, earn your sacks. I like the things Wade does because they are not how we usually do things...good, we need the changes.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
It looked like a broken run play for sure. It would be nice to hold the Over Hyped Giants to 1 sack. They cant play the 9ers , Falcons, Eagles, and Dolphins every week. The 12 sacks in one game really inflated the overall numbers. I was impressed by the speed of their D , but more impressed with our line and Romo's ability to make plays.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It was a busted running play where Romo basically just gave up and sat down 2 yards behind the LOS. If that is not supposed to be a sack, then I sure would petition the league for the change. That stat goes against our OL as far as sacks given up and will go against Flozell individually. If its not a sack then it shouldn't go down as one.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
It should be easy enough to tell if it was a running play by looking at where the offensive linemen were going. If they were moving forward it was obviously a running play. If they all took a step back to pass block it was a pass play.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now I know where that second sack came from. I was racking my brain trying think where the 2 sacks were. Now I know. If it's the play I'm thinking of, then it's most certainly a busted running play.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1761277 said:
Who cares about the sack?
Well, right now we're tied for 3rd in the league in sacks. The Giants lead the league, and I'd bet Wade would really like to finish the season leading the league in sacks. It'd be quite the feather in his cap.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1761222 said:
How could they possibly tell by looking at this play? It could have been a play-action pass.

Sure they could.

If the QB looks like he intended to hand the ball off and he never starts his thowing motion-- that can be construed as a running play and the sack taken away.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1761302 said:
Sure they could.

If the QB looks like he intended to hand the ball off and he never starts his thowing motion-- that can be construed as a running play and the sack taken away.
They sacked him before he even had the chance to start a throwing motion.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LeonDixson;1761263 said:
It should be easy enough to tell if it was a running play by looking at where the offensive linemen were going. If they were moving forward it was obviously a running play. If they all took a step back to pass block it was a pass play.

Pretty much on spot. If it was a pass and the lineman were down field, it's a flag. All you have to do is watch the O-line.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;1761222 said:

Maybe because he tucked and moved forward? Might be the criteria. I think it's pretty clear that he was never attempting to pass.

That was the 60-stretch-far-*yawn* play.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
Cowboys22;1761190 said:

IMP that does not even mater , what matters is we won the game...

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I don't know, the play looked kind of like that Pepsi commercial.

"50 stretch farlaa aaaaahhh."

Dangit Superpunk beat me.