Wade just said they will try to get Osi's sack taken away...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1761307 said:
They sacked him before he even had the chance to start a throwing motion.

Well if they take the sack away-- you'll know why. :)

Cowboys22

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1761277 said:
Who cares about the sack?

People have bonuses tied to stats. Suppose Flozell gets a bonus tied to how many sacks he gives up. Maybe Phillips get a bonus if we lead the league in sacks. Not to mention future contacts are also tied to stats. If it is not supposed to be a sack, then they should get it right.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Romo was obviously looking at JJ on that play and never dropped back to pass. The league makes corrections like this all the time, whoever credited it as a sack must have been a giants homer in the first place.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lurkercowboy;1761330 said:
I like Wade but this just sounds like something Gibbs would do.

He's doing it for his player (Flo) and the O-line. I don't think he could careless that it is Osi or whomever that was credited the sack.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1761330 said:
I like Wade but this just sounds like something Gibbs would do.

i thought the same thing but as long as Wade wasn't whining (i'm sure he wasn't) like joe g. does i have no problem with it. i'm sure the OL & Romo appreciates it, even if it goes unsaid.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
numnuts23;1761341 said:
He's doing it for his player (Flo) and the O-line. I don't think he could careless that it is Osi or whomever that was credited the sack.

I agree. I think this is more him having his players' backs (they don't want a sack on their record if it wasn't really one) than trying to take anything from an opposing player.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;1761339 said:
Romo was obviously looking at JJ on that play and never dropped back to pass. The league makes corrections like this all the time, whoever credited it as a sack must have been a giants homer in the first place.

Exactly.

I'm stunned that some are suprised by this.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1761363 said:
Exactly.

I'm stunned that some are suprised by this.
I know the league makes corrections to stats all the time. But I doubt they do in this type of scenario. Or at least I don't think they should.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
theogt;1761365 said:
I know the league makes corrections to stats all the time. But I doubt they do in this type of scenario.

Agree..

I think wade is lookin bad, i mean its like hes cryin over that fact..he should just let it go.. we got the win it does not matter..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1761314 said:
Maybe because he tucked and moved forward? Might be the criteria. I think it's pretty clear that he was never attempting to pass.

That was the 60-stretch-far-*yawn* play.

Oops. I just lol'd.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
T.O81;1761368 said:
Agree..

I think wade is lookin bad, i mean its like hes cryin over that fact..he should just let it go.. we got the win it does not matter..
I don't think he looks bad at all. If it's incorrect, according to the rules, then he's doing the right thing by correcting it. It's not trivial or "whiny" or anything like that.

I just think it gets into the gray area of "legislating intent."

kmd24

Reaction score
Clearly, Wade's fantasy football opponent started the Giants D/ST this week.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1761314 said:
Maybe because he tucked and moved forward? Might be the criteria. I think it's pretty clear that he was never attempting to pass.

I think he thought it was busted play, so he tucked it and fell forward. Some of our own players thought it was a run, and some of our own players obviously thought it was a pass. I haven't been able to review the play, but man that's some really gray area to get into.

gollum

Reaction score
LeonDixson;1761263 said:
It should be easy enough to tell if it was a running play by looking at where the offensive linemen were going. If they were moving forward it was obviously a running play. If they all took a step back to pass block it was a pass play.

Unless it were a draw play.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Dallas;1761218 said:
Who cares? We dominated the Giants D yesterday. That and the win was all I cared about.

Yes, but doing it to spite Umenyiora is still fine with me. :D

YAKUZA

1fisher

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1761302 said:
Sure they could.

If the QB looks like he intended to hand the ball off and he never starts his thowing motion-- that can be construed as a running play and the sack taken away.

sure they can... Anyone who has played the game or been around the game long enough can tell right away if they are run blocking or pass blocking.... we were taught that in jr high.:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1761195 said:
Nope, if it was truly a running play by the QB, it is not a sack.

I know Romo pointed that out last night after the game during his post game interview. Saying the Giants only sacked him once and the other was a running play by him.

1fisher

Reaction score
superpunk;1761314 said:

That's exactly what I thought when they ran that play......:laugh2: :laugh2:

1fisher

Reaction score
T.O81;1761368 said:
Agree..

so... if we had lost would it matter?:p: