Wade just said they will try to get Osi's sack taken away...

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
sonnyboy;1762560 said:
NO I'm not saying it is true, obviously its not.

I was just playing king of the world, and laying down the new law!
With one exception. QB takes a knee, its not a sack.
EVERYTHING else, every other instance where a QB is tackled behind the LOS, its a sack.

So if a QB ran an option and is tackled for a 1/2 yard loss, you'd call that a sack?

If these rules also applied to college ball there would be players with 25 sacks a year.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1762585 said:
So if a QB ran an option and is tackled for a 1/2 yard loss, you'd call that a sack?

If these rules also applied to college ball there would be players with 25 sacks a year.

Yes I would. Its just my way of simplifing things.

A QB takes a seven step drop, cant find anyone and takes off running up through the pocket and gets stopped half a yard short of the LOS, thats a sack.

Look a RB is supposed to take a draw handoff and instead runs a pass pattern, the QB is stuck holding his dork and takes the sack.

A RB for some silly reason chips his own OT leading to a cheapie sack by or own D. Ware.

Both plays are the results of a "mental error" and both lead to the QB being tackled for a loss. Why should only one be scored a sack.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
Cowboys22;1761190 said:
...in his press conference that they will get Osi's sack changed because it was a running play. Anyone know if that is possible. I figured since he got the QB behind the LOS it is a sack.

What a whiner. Win the game and still *****.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack;1762577 said:
Oh ok, I gotcha.

Well, there are exceptions to this. If an offense decides the want to run the option (you never know), and the QB is tackled for a loss, it shouldn't be a sack.

that wouldn't be an exception since the option is a running play

like theo said, the intent of the O has to be a pass for it to be considered a sack, and then you have your exceptions which you pointed out such as kneeling and a bothced hand-off

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1762673 said:
What a whiner. Win the game and still *****.

at least he wins games

prepare a soft-pillow and invest in some pacifiers for next week, you're gonna need them