Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2461357 said:
Best I can do is a monkey riding a dog.

http://img186.*************/img186/9657/monkeyrodeo3683186bjz2.jpg

Wait. SP said 'mouth-rape'? Nevermind.

superpunk

Reaction score
PM me for monkey mouth raping frog. kthxbye.

I would just post it, but I'm pretty sure WG would ban me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trueboysfan;2461296 said:
It's a leadership tactic that is way overused. For example when I was NCOIC of TODO at my last base I rewarded the guys by giving them time off when they did their work. Worked out great...we were always a few months ahead of schedule on a program that was always behind and won all kinds of awards and stuff. Now that I'm working in a new program with a bunch of boneheads who would take advantage of a blind lady looking for dropped money I have to bring the hammer down on them. Maybe once they are whipped into shape I can try to reward them again but not until I'm convinced they are worth rewarding.

So I understand what Wade is trying to do, but this tactic just doesn't seem to be working. This team needs more fire in them and more desire. I think they do now though simply because their record is a big piece of humble pie and they seem to be coming around. I'm seeing more leadership on the field from Romo and always good leadership from TO. This team has the talent and the problem was they knew what talent they had and took all the other teams for granted not realizing that they couldn't rely on just what was on paper. I think we'll be fine...at least I hope so. Only time will tell.
:welcome: to the CowboysZone!!!!!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2461232 said:
i'm sorry...i shouldn't yell. i should be happy that we have a coach that makes everyone fell good about themselves...you are right...

of course i am also sorry i was out of town and did not read this story until today...i deserve lashings...40 or 50 i think would suffice.

yes lets over work our players like Parcells did and have the key players be dead in december so we can do our 2-2 thing instead of breaking that and going 4-0.

40-50 lashings wouldn't be enough.

leeblair

Reaction score
One wonders why there is any question as to who is to blame for the apathy this team shows at times.

And, you have no further to look than Wade's laid back approach.

"Take a day off, guys; but come back ready to look sharp. There's no reason for intensity at this stage of the season. So what if we lose; there'll be another game next week, and there's always next year!"

I don't believe in overworking players- and that can tend to burn them out. It shows when they begin to be unproductive at practices.

But, rest is one thing; and failure to prepare is another. Wade doesn't have much room for support after the playoff debacle of last year.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
leeblair;2461461 said:
One wonders why there is any question as to who is to blame for the apathy this team shows at times.

And, you have no further to look than Wade's laid back approach.

"Take a day off, guys; but come back ready to look sharp. There's no reason for intensity at this stage of the season. So what if we lose; there'll be another game next week, and there's always next year!"

I don't believe in overworking players- and that can tend to burn them out. It shows when they begin to be unproductive at practices.

But, rest is one thing; and failure to prepare is another. Wade doesn't have much room for support after the playoff debacle of last year.

Wait, I thought we were piling on Wade for not giving his veterans enough time off at the end of last season, causing the team to fade?

Or was that why we piled on Parcells? It was Parcells who caused us to fade by working too hard, and Wade by not working hard enough? Or the other way around? We need a HC to come in who will work everybody out just the right amount.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I laughed throughout this thread, but not because it was funny. There are those who believe rest is appropriate at this time of year. We have those who think working everyday isn't enough.

Here's my thought. These guys went through training camp from mid-July to September. They've played 12 games so far. Are they going to forget what to do in 1-2 days? I would hope not. These veterans who have been rested are still going to meetings, studying film and preparing for the game. I would rather them be mentally prepared than physically exhausted because of over practicing.

I was onboard with you at first, QB Coach, but I think rest is exactly what this team needs. They've played pretty well the last couple weeks, even though it was against the 40-whiners and Bird chum. Those are the two teams we needed to play going into this week for two reasons: 1) get our confidence/swagger back, and 2) not have grueling matchups going into this stretch.

Our concern is the Pitt D, not their offense. They are beaten up. #1 RB isn't 100%, No. 2 is out for the season and #3 (Moore) hasn't scored since playing Indy – not a very imposing D.

Make a whiskey and soda and relax.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
the kid 05;2461445 said:
yes lets over work our players like Parcells did and have the key players be dead in december so we can do our 2-2 thing instead of breaking that and going 4-0.

Or give them time off like Phillips did last season and get their butts kicked any way. This isn't on either Phillips or Parcells.
This is on the mental make up of these players. Who knows what they are thinking.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2461495 said:
Or give them time off like Phillips did last season and get their butts kicked any way. This isn't on either Phillips or Parcells.
This is on the mental make up of these players. Who knows what they are thinking.

There is a huge difference between letting them rest during practice and just giving them time off.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2461499 said:
There is a huge difference between letting them rest during practice and just giving them time off.

Ok, so they sit and watch film. It still isn't on either coach. Both have taken different approaches to get the same result. The players hold the cards at this point in the season.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Sad part is people actually think these stupid *** posts up before they make them

Reaction score
the kid 05;2461445 said:

You realize with JJ we were not always the best in December right? Ithink we won three rings back then...(give Barry's to him).

He wasn't exacatly a pumpkin to deal with.

Reaction score
cmacch;2461687 said:
:lmao2::lmao:

This thread is the funniest I've seen since I've been here

Oh it will get better...wait till we post the fact that a bunch of us are traveling from Orlando to watch the Giants game (including the guy who yelled at the coaches outside St. Louis...remember him?)...

We will need places to go and people to see...plus i am sure there will be those who want to kill us...

But we are all Cowboys fans...just have different views on them sometimes!:D