****** Wade! WHY??? Again...

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach Vs. The People

Let's Break Down Both Sides Points

Group A :: Quarterback Coach
On one side you have a guy that's saying Wade Phillips is being soft on the players because he's giving them time off for rest....

Group B: The People
The other side is saying it's a good thing to give the players rest...

Group C: (ME)
Just trying to settle this matter....

Why?

- Okay, let's remember last year, the week of the wild card, the Dallas Cowboys team took a vacation that week. The next week, the Dallas Cowboys lost to the New York Giants. (Notice: People blame this on the vacation the Cowboys took.)

~I believe personally, it was because of the lack of plays the Cowboys made, which could've more effective with practice.~

- Now, two weeks before the Cowboys face the Commanders, they lost to the Giants, and got some rest for a week before coming back to practice the next week to beat the Commanders and go on a so far 3 game winning streak that may be extended this sunday against Pittsburgh.

Overall: I believe the players need rest cause a whole lot of them are bang up. Their not robots, they don't practice everyday. The most they'll probably practice is like 2 or 3 days out of the week max and then the rest of the week they studying film and the playbook.

Section446

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2461217 said:
Giving veterans a day off before what is the biggest game of the year so far to this point (granted that will be said for the next four, but I digress)...WHY?!?

This is the same stuff that bit this team last year and at the beginning of this year. This camp cupcake crap!!! We have not played this team in FOUR YEARS! DO YOU THINK MAYBE THE LINE NEEDS SOME QUALITY REPS instead of letting Adams, Colombo, and others rest.

THEY HAD 3 EXTRA DAYS TO REST!!! DAMN!!!...arghhhh...this guy...
:bang2:
I honestly see little wrong with what Wade's doing. A lot of these guys have been in the league long enough to know what they need to do to prepare for the big game.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
This is a results-driven league.

If this team performs crisply -- especially the vets given the day off -- and we win the game, Wade's move deserves to be hailed as a stroke of genius. If we come out flat and get slapped around, it's one of the dumber moves of the year.

It's not fair, but that's how sports work.

Just look at Plax and the gun. He's only a distraction if the Giants start losing. Otherwise, they're viewed as bulletproof. Everything is judged in hindsight.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theogt;2461220 said:
That wouldn't be the only thing.

LOL! That was my first thought as well.

Quarterback Coach;2461251 said:
oh those who love 8-8 years...i love you all..let's sing and join hands

So you're saying we'll go 0-4 down the stretch? I'll take that bet. Name the terms.

And I guess that Tomlin is a cupcake too cause he gave Ward a day off in practice this week as well. Oh and I believe that Big Ben missed one as well. Shame on them. How dare they not take this seriously enough.

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2462178 said:
LOL! That was my first thought as well.

So you're saying we'll go 0-4 down the stretch? I'll take that bet. Name the terms.

And I guess that Tomlin is a cupcake too cause he gave Ward a day off in practice this week as well. Oh and I believe that Big Ben missed one as well. Shame on them. How dare they not take this seriously enough.

Ben missed a day due to injury...we miss days to make sure people ar feeling warm and fuzzy inside...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2462820 said:
Ben missed a day due to injury...we miss days to make sure people ar feeling warm and fuzzy inside...

Way to gloss over the fact that I mentioned Ward was held out and the fact that I took you up on your idea that we'd go 0-4 down the stretch. I guess you don't have a lot of faith in the stupidity that you spew.

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2462842 said:
Way to gloss over the fact that I mentioned Ward was held out and the fact that I took you up on your idea that we'd go 0-4 down the stretch. I guess you don't have a lot of faith in the stupidity that you spew.

First of all...I didn't gloss over anything...I really didn't give it that much attention.

Ward I have no idea why he was out...not going to try to make up a reason for that. As far as 0-4...my comment was that people who seem to think Wade's appraoch is good are those who settle for mediocrity (a.k.a. 8-8)...I did not mean to infer that we would go 0-4. But we sure as hell better not go 2-2 or WE ARE OUT!

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2462842 said:

ward sat because of his sprained knee earlier in the year...notice NO STEELERS SEEM TO NEED REST...and they played on Sunday.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2462855 said:
First of all...I didn't gloss over anything...I really didn't give it that much attention.

Ward I have no idea why he was out...not going to try to make up a reason for that. As far as 0-4...my comment was that people who seem to think Wade's appraoch is good are those who settle for mediocrity (a.k.a. 8-8)...I did not mean to infer that we would go 0-4. But we sure as hell better not go 2-2 or WE ARE OUT!

Funny when have we been 8-8 under Wade? You saying 8-8 means you either directly think his approach will lead to an 8-8 record this year or you're just making stupid things up for the sake of saying something silly. You can take your pick.

And I'm not talking about Earlier in the year. I know that I heard on the radio, and read, that Tomlin gave Ward a day off THIS week in preperation for the Cowboys game.

So I don't quite know where you got the idea that i was talking about earlier in the year.