Wait for it..wait for it..Manziel to Cowboys in the off-season..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Only matters what Jerry thinks and we all know what he thinks

Jerry also knows now that the kid has problems that are bigger than his ability to contribute to the Cowboys. Jerry wouldn't put the burden of Johnny on the Cowboys roster no matter the praise he has given him in the past. The QB position is too important and Jerry has learned that lesson since Johnny was drafted.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Jerry also knows now that the kid has problems that are bigger than his ability to contribute to the Cowboys. Jerry wouldn't put the burden of Johnny on the Cowboys roster no matter the praise he has given him in the past. The QB position is too important and Jerry has learned that lesson since Johnny was drafted.

I could listen an encyclopedia list of players of Jerry has brought in with problems bigger than their ability so that makes no sense. Also Manziels problems aren't that big, young man that likes to drink too much.

The staff as well as Jerry had Manziel as one of their top 20 guys most likely top 15 so if he's free they're bringing him without a doubt.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I could listen an encyclopedia list of players of Jerry has brought in with problems bigger than their ability so that makes no sense. Also Manziels problems aren't that big, young man that likes to drink too much.

The staff as well as Jerry had Manziel as one of their top 20 guys most likely top 15 so if he's free they're bringing him without a doubt.

Stephen won't let that happen.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think the Browns are being ridiculous and I'm not a huge Manziel fan.

But, he wasn't breaking the law. And he wasn't breaking the law before. He voluntarily went into rehab. And it doesn't seem that the Browns have any evidence that his off the field behavior is impacting his actual on the field performance. If he's missing meetings and showing up late for practice and is in 'no condition to perform' that's one thing.

This to me is just petty nonsense. It's the type of nonsense you see from HR departments that just want to stick their nose in the employee's business just because they have nothing else better to do.

Maybe there's more to it than what is out in public, but from what I see it's no small wonder the Browns are the worst organization in the NFL.

YR

Dooley noted, but . . .

Rapping and drinking at a party do not amount to much.
But the Browns are looking at the pattern and not this instance of partying.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Stephen won't let that happen.

Just be prepare for this
CPrYBVTUcAAxA6p.jpg

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Dooley noted, but . . .

Rapping and drinking at a party do not amount to much.
But the Browns are looking at the pattern and not this instance of partying.

If I were a Browns fan or a member of the organization, I couldn't care less about what patterns they believe to be true. And frankly it's none of their business. I think it's more about bowing out to public perception than anything else.

My dad used to work for a company that would often force employees to seek help or else. Not that I had a problem with it, but this was done when the employee had shown that their work performance suffered below their standards and if the person was a drinker (union job). So, I could see that if Manziel was a problem in practice or in a game. But, punishing him in this way seems judgmental and petty. Not everybody is Tim Tebow nor should they have to be.

YR

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
If I were a Browns fan or a member of the organization, I couldn't care less about what patterns they believe to be true. And frankly it's none of their business. I think it's more about bowing out to public perception than anything else.

My dad used to work for a company that would often force employees to seek help or else. Not that I had a problem with it, but this was done when the employee had shown that their work performance suffered below their standards and if the person was a drinker (union job). So, I could see that if Manziel was a problem in practice or in a game. But, punishing him in this way seems judgmental and petty. Not everybody is Tim Tebow nor should they have to be.
YR

This be where many get it wrong: It is all about public perception. Most bossses it is mein first belief don't care if we imbibe or be a slave to the chronic but if and when the public get a whiff of bad behavior, that is when the business takes notice. Yes, if the job suffers, the business does care but more than anything it care about public perception. They don't want the public to thiink bad of them because of what one employee do.
And a pattern indicate proclivity and proclivity, well, that is a slippery slope to hell or worse.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think this is thread # 3 or 4 regarding Manziel in the last few days.
Got hammered a bit for complaining last time, so instead, I'll just point it out and not complain. :D

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This be where many get it wrong: It is all about public perception. Most bossses it is mein first belief don't care if we imbibe or be a slave to the chronic but if and when the public get a whiff of bad behavior, that is when the business takes notice. Yes, if the job suffers, the business does care but more than anything it care about public perception. They don't want the public to thiink bad of them because of what one employee do.
And a pattern indicate proclivity and proclivity, well, that is a slippery slope to hell or worse.

Jerry has been on record that he loves this kid. He doesnt care about what media or public think or say. He has proven this over and over again. He knows Manziel will sell tickets and merchandise. He will get bashed in the media but he dont care. People shouldve realized this when previous ownership told him he would fire Landry but said no he would do it. Jerry hits and misses but he is always right in the front ready for the blame if it goes wrong. If CLE lets Manziel go for a late pick or a player Dallas could do without you bet Jerry would jump. IM not for or against it, but i would love reading the stories.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jerry has been on record that he loves this kid. He doesnt care about what media or public think or say. He has proven this over and over again. He knows Manziel will sell tickets and merchandise. He will get bashed in the media but he dont care. People shouldve realized this when previous ownership told him he would fire Landry but said no he would do it. Jerry hits and misses but he is always right in the front ready for the blame if it goes wrong. If CLE lets Manziel go for a late pick or a player Dallas could do without you bet Jerry would jump. IM not for or against it, but i would love reading the stories.

A good and fair assessment. I do believe that Jerra will be tempted and in the absents of a good backup, might decide to sign him.
Who know, maybe if and when Johnny come marching home he will feel more at home and family might rein him in and he will be a good citizen . . . maybe . . . NAH!;)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I think this is thread # 3 or 4 regarding Manziel in the last few days.
Got hammered a bit for complaining last time, so instead, I'll just point it out and not complain. :D

Meh, sometimes the mods are in a good mood and are flexy; sometimes the farm subsidy check do not come in and they are Mr. Grumpys.
Ahem, but I am sure they doo their best.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
THIS is why he was benched. Wasn't just the video, it was the lie and attempted cover up.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
This guy is getting in trouble every time I turn around. For the life of me, I don't understand why so many people are eager to have him on the Cowboys.

Cebrin

Reaction score
If they give him away cheap I'd take him. Otherwise no.

KB1122

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that Cleveland will want to give him up. They seem to like him on the field. It's not easy finding a quarterback. Cleveland would know.