Wait for it..wait for it..Manziel to Cowboys in the off-season..

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that Cleveland will want to give him up. They seem to like him on the field. It's not easy finding a quarterback. Cleveland would know.

I think it's pretty obvious they don't want to give him up because he's still on their team, despite numerous detailed incidents embarrassing the franchise and its coaches. Not to mention the overall media-circus that he carries with him. Most teams would've cut him weeks ago.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of any of these moves (JF or RGIII) for reasons already stated by other posters but the question I keep asking myself is would I prefer to have one of these guys instead of Cassell? I am hoping for another alternative.

Hardline

Reaction score
STRONG WORDS!!!!!

Lettuce see if he is released today.

timthumb.php

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know we are seeing Johnny Football queer his career in Cleveland and I know we are split about him coming here..

but I think he would be perfect as our backup and fit the timetable for Romo eventually leaving.

Hope it happens..

I don't know where all these JF threads are coming from. He isn't that good and he isn't coming here.

Sydla

Reaction score
He would be a fine addition to a dysfunctional team.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I don't know where all these JF threads are coming from. He isn't that good and he isn't coming here.

Maybe..but with Romo in his decline I would not put it past us to try to get him and see if he can be rehabbed.

I'd prefer us to try that as opposed to spending a #1 pick in the draft to fill the position.

Cassel is not an option. He's another Drew Bledsoe type who has no upside.

So rebuilding the position behind Romo with a meaningful oprtion has to happen now.

This second injury to Romo changes everything..that's 3 injuries in 3 years now.

any of us know he has little time left.

If not Manziel then who..RGIII ?

I just think we don't have the time to just draft a rookie an hope.

By the time he is ready we will be losing this OL to FA as well as other poitions we probably can't resign or keep together.

Manziel is very similar in his ability to Romo.

That's what I see.

Somebody with some experience is required and one that is mobile would be nice for a change.

Romo is no longer mobile and his one move of spinning and rolling left is going to get him killed.

dogberry

Reaction score
Since there isn't any night life in the Metroplex, maybe Jonathan will find a Great Books discussion group with an opening.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Because he wants to be in Texas.

I don't hear anyone talking about Gronk and his partying every other night. Oh. That right. Because he doesn't get in trouble. Neither did Manziel during the bye week. Dude was just hanging out. Media blitz that the dumb Cleveland brass jumped on because they know no better....

Gronk is good at his job. Jonathan Pigskin is not.

coogrfan

Reaction score
People don't realize you would be bringing him here to be a backup.

Does Manziel strike you as the sort of person who would put in the effort to prepare himself to play if he knew he was unlikely to get in the game?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the best young quarterbacks in the league. Has his issues with alcohol, but he's only 22.

He isn't one of the best at anything in this league. He has more issues than alcohol. But you are right, he's only 22. But he acts half his age.

aria

Reaction score
I'm just curious on everyone's thoughts about JJ pursuing Johnny. I'm not saying it's going to happen but it seems exactly like something JJ will do. Manziel's career is most likely over in Cleveland. He has some talent but between his off the field antics and toxic relationship with management, I don't see him being there next year.

Personally I'm sick of JJ picking up these derelicts hoping to change them. This should be a professional football team, not a mental hospital or rehab. It would be a nightmare if he was wearing that star.