Video: Wake up call to all Cowboy fans

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's because the rest of Burrow's TEAM stepped it up when the OL struggled. It wasn't just Burrow who overcame.

If Dak's team had his back by not getting 14 penalties, by not struggling with time management, or bad play calling... we would have beat SF.
But doesn't the QB1 participate in time management also? I like Dak but he was terrible in that game, as were many others. Sorry, but your top paid QB should never be terrible.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
But doesn't the QB1 participate in time management also? I like Dak but he was terrible in that game, as were many others. Sorry, but your top paid QB should never be terrible.
Time management responsibilities varies from team to team. We just don't know order of the chain of command, but it seems McCarthy was in charge. People blaming Dak because he didn't jump in front of McCarthy and call timeouts is... interesting. Dak played ok enough to win, the TEAM didn't... coaches included.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time management responsibilities varies from team to team. We just don't know order of the chain of command, but it seems McCarthy was in charge. When people blame Dak because he didn't jump in front of McCarthy and call timeouts is... interesting. Dak played ok enough to win, the TEAM didn't.
Look, we all love the Cowboys and have different opinions on the various performances. I'm pretty sure my wife still loves me after 39 years and she doesn't hesitate to critique me when deserved - often

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Look, we all love the Cowboys and have different opinions on the various performances. I'm pretty sure my wife still loves me after 39 years and she doesn't hesitate to critique me when deserved - often
I'm not saying to not critique Dak when you feel it's deserved, but to ignore all the other aspects of the loss is just silly.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's because the rest of Burrow's TEAM stepped it up when the OL struggled. It wasn't just Burrow who overcame.

If Dak's team had his back by not getting 14 penalties, by not struggling with time management, or bad play calling... we would have beat SF.
:hammer::popcorn::espn:

McKDaddy

Reaction score

I have seen similar comments. I'm a little baffled by them as I can't point quite see who carried the load more than Burrow. Can you explain in more detail?

I understand it's a team game but the offense still has to put up points. The defense did play well but I don't believe Cinn scored a defensive TD in the playoffs and they still put up 26, 19, 27 & 20. So, the offense still performed pretty well.
If the OL isn't playing well that just leaves the QB, RB, WR & TE to carry the load on offense. So, I'm not sure anyone other than Burrow & Chase are candidates for "stepping up". Even if you say Chase stepped up the most, he can't do anything without the ball being delivered to him.

Certainly, I am not one to rest on stats alone but if you look at Burrows for the playoffs it sure seems he was getting it done even with poor OL play (sacked 19 times in 4 games).

GP CMP ATT % YARDS AVG YPG TD TD% INT SCK SCKY
4 97 142 68.3 1,105 7.8 276.3 5 3.5 2 19 137

Mannix

Reaction score
I call Sharpe “Horseface” because of that arrogant smirk that displays giant teeth. Wears a suit jacket two sizes too small to look buff. A know it all ABD who plays ying to Skippy’s yang for rating$. Bayless is a phony—knocked off the Dallas beat for stirring up that gay stuff about Aikman. Both worthless.
In fairness to Skip, I live in Dallas and heard some of the same stories about a certain QB.....NOT saying that they were true, but I heard them before they were in his book.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I have seen similar comments. I'm a little baffled by them as I can't point quite see who carried the load more than Burrow. Can you explain in more detail?

I understand it's a team game but the offense still has to put up points. The defense did play well but I don't believe Cinn scored a defensive TD in the playoffs and they still put up 26, 19, 27 & 20. So, the offense still performed pretty well.
If the OL isn't playing well that just leaves the QB, RB, WR & TE to carry the load on offense. So, I'm not sure anyone other than Burrow & Chase are candidates for "stepping up". Even if you say Chase stepped up the most, he can't do anything without the ball being delivered to him.

Certainly, I am not one to rest on stats alone but if you look at Burrows for the playoffs it sure seems he was getting it done even with poor OL play (sacked 19 times in 4 games).

GP CMP ATT % YARDS AVG YPG TD TD% INT SCK SCKY
4 97 142 68.3 1,105 7.8 276.3 5 3.5 2 19 137
There's no need for me to go into detail or post stats to back up my argument. The rest of the Bengals stepped it up by simply getting out of thier own way and let Burrow lead them to the SB (which has been the Cowboys problem).

Their only major problem was the OL. The Bengals had no time management issues, no questionable play calling, no excessive penalties. All of which the Cowboys had.

Mannix

Reaction score
I know. It’s fair to say Cincinnati is a better franchise right now. 26 years of futility in Dallas. A losing culture. Many great players wasted. A couple playoff wins to show for it. But I guess it’s all Dak. He single handedly should overcome it all.

Don't play that game, and put words in peoples mouths....NOBODY is saying that it's all Dak's fault. I'm saying that he is not worth the money being paid, when he continually fails to be a difference maker when it counts.

"I need to be better....I will be better"

McKDaddy

Reaction score
There's no need for me to go into detail or post stats to back up my argument. The rest of the Bengals stepped it up by simply getting out of thier own way and let Burrow lead them to the SB (which has been the Cowboys problem).

Their only major problem was the OL. The Bengals had no time management issues, no questionable play calling, no excessive penalties. All of which the Cowboys had.

Agree that they stayed out of their own way. Originally thought you were saying that Burrow didn't do his part. Thanks for the clarification.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Don't play that game, and put words in peoples mouths....NOBODY is saying that it's all Dak's fault. I'm saying that he is not worth the money being paid, when he continually fails to be a difference maker when it counts.

"I need to be better....I will be better"

Dak was a 4th round pick. Guy is 28. Has played 5 full seasons. Culture is Dallas sucks. Coaching has sucked. Can we give the guy a little more time before burying him. BTW how many SBs has the great Aaron Rodgers won?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
BTW how many SBs has the great Aaron Rodgers won?

Not directed at you personally but these type statements shouldn't be made.

For one, it's simply flawed logic that is just flat out wrong. Everyone who says things like this are also the same people who rightly say it's a team game but somehow fail to understand that a great player or players can be on a team that just isn't good enough overall or is just unlucky. Are you really saying AR hasn't given them the best chance to win?
Secondly, there is no excuse for not being able to recognize exceptional play regardless whether you personally like the player or the team. Comments like this indicate the poster is either intentionally being biased or theyhave no clue what they are watching. No amount of delusion will diminish the talent QB's like AR, Marino, Kelly, etc., displayed whether they ultimately got a championship, multiple championships or no championships.
Thirdly, comparing a 4 time league MVP, SB champion, multiple 1st team All Pro and widely considered one of the most gifted QB's to ever play the game to anyone other than the other all time greats is like comparing a shark to a minnow. They are both fish but they are totally dissimilar.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not directed at you personally but these type statements shouldn't be made.

For one, it's simply flawed logic that is just flat out wrong. Everyone who says things like this are also the same people who rightly say it's a team game but somehow fail to understand that a great player or players can be on a team that just isn't good enough overall or is just unlucky. Are you really saying AR hasn't given them the best chance to win?
Secondly, there is no excuse for not being able to recognize exceptional play regardless whether you personally like the player or the team. Comments like this indicate the poster is either intentionally being biased or theyhave no clue what they are watching. No amount of delusion will diminish the talent QB's like AR, Marino, Kelly, etc., displayed whether they ultimately got a championship, multiple championships or no championships.
Thirdly, comparing a 4 time league MVP, SB champion, multiple 1st team All Pro and widely considered one of the most gifted QB's to ever play the game to anyone other than the other all time greats is like comparing a shark to a minnow. They are both fish but they are totally dissimilar.

My point was that winning a SB is hard. As great as Rodgers is he has one.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Dak was a 4th round pick. Guy is 28. Has played 5 full seasons. Culture is Dallas sucks. Coaching has sucked. Can we give the guy a little more time before burying him. BTW how many SBs has the great Aaron Rodgers won?

lmao! You Dak lovers always try and downplay an actually QB like Rodgers in order to prop up the great Dak. By the way, one is better than none.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
lmao! You Dak lovers always try and downplay an actually QB like Rodgers in order to prop up the great Dak. By the way, one is better than none.
Where did I say this? Dak lover? What a clown. My point was winning the SB is hard and there is more to blame than Dak. Fool.

Mannix

Reaction score

I don't want to hear about being a 4th round pick, when he is being paid like a Round 1 draftee. How much more time does he need? BTW, Rodgers has been to 5 NFC Championship games....Dak has never sniffed one.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don't want to hear about being a 4th round pick, when he is being paid like a Round 1 draftee. How much more time does he need? BTW, Rodgers has been to 5 NFC Championship games....Dak has never sniffed one.

Whatever. You Dak haters can keep going on. The fish rots from the head down in Dallas. If you can’t see that I feel sorry for you. No QB would have won a SB with Garrett. Not one.