Walking Dead– Season 3 **Spoilers**

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;4876740 said:
he won't die. if you watch the preview following the episode, i did see daryl.

didn't see merle.

Lot's of good stuff in that preview.

It appears someone "smokes" the arena where the towns-folk of Woodbury have gathered. It wouldn't be a stretch to think at least Daryl escapes.

We also see that Andrea goes back to the prison. Where are her loyalties? We'll see. :)

Obviously there's a big dust-up at the prison at some point involving all 3 groups.

Rackat

Reaction score
Just watched this episode. Wow! I can't wait to see how Darryl gets away, that should be interesting!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rackat;4876957 said:
Just watched this episode. Wow! I can't wait to see how Darryl gets away, that should be interesting!

Its a small town and he finds a phone booth handy.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
iceberg;4877005 said:
Its a small town and he finds a phone booth handy.

Would it surprise anyone if Daryl actually allowed himself to be captured? Just to see his brother?

May not be that much of a stretch.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
gambit187;4875489 said:
Did anyone notice how the big black dude (from the wire), acknowledge lil Carl as a man in the world now....I thought that was great

I know its something stupid to point out but still kinda touched me.

This was huge.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Really enjoying this season so far. Damn midseason break!

My only quibble is that I don't think the show has done a good job of conveying how bad the Governor is (although I think the actor is doing a great job). Or what Michonne's vendatta is against him. Reading the comics I understand, but if I didn't read the comics, I'd have a hard time understanding what's so wrong with the Governor. Other than the zombie heads that is...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trendnet;4877834 said:
Really enjoying this season so far. Damn midseason break!

My only quibble is that I don't think the show has done a good job of conveying how bad the Governor is (although I think the actor is doing a great job). Or what Michonne's vendatta is against him. Reading the comics I understand, but if I didn't read the comics, I'd have a hard time understanding what's so wrong with the Governor. Other than the zombie heads that is...

I thought murdering the last survivor from the helicopter crash (and keeping his head) combined with the ambushing of the National Guard unit pretty much colored the governor as a "bad guy".

Michonne knows/knew what he was capable of... She saw the fresh blood on the .50 cal machine gun that one of the National Guardsman was standing by. She knew what went down-- that the guard unit wasn't wiped out by the undead.

The Governor in the comic was more over the top. The one on the TV show, more cunning and sneaky about it, i.e. being evil.

Trendnet

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4877842 said:
I thought murdering the last survivor from the helicopter crash (and keeping his head) combined with the ambushing of the National Guard unit pretty much colored the governor as a "bad guy".

Michonne knows/knew what he was capable of... She saw the fresh blood on the .50 cal machine gun that one of the National Guardsman was standing by. She knew what went down-- that the guard unit wasn't wiped out by the undead.

The Governor in the comic was more over the top. The one on the TV show, more cunning and sneaky about it, i.e. being evil.

Yes, the heads are definately the one sign of his more cunning/evil side, but for the other stuff... is it really that different than what Rick has done?

But I don't see much difference between what the Governor has done as opposed to Rick. Other than the Governor has been far more successful at establishing a safe haven for his group.

The Governor taking down the National Guard any different than Rick quick drawing the two people in the bar? Both were threats to their leadership, and both were eliminated.

And Michonne knowing he is bad is one thing, I don't think the show did enough to establish her hatred for him, and why she decided to camp out at his place to kill him. Solely off the show, what's her motivation for that?

It's just a minor quibble, but I wish the show had established more of Michonne's character and why she hates the Governor.

Kilyin

Reaction score
danielofthesaints;4874991 said:
What is this rise of the governor entail?

It's not a graphic novel, those would be the comics. Rise of the Governor is an actual novel, really well done. It's about how the governor and his family/friends dealt with the outbreak early on and came to arrive at Woodbury.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trendnet;4877948 said:
Yes, the heads are definately the one sign of his more cunning/evil side, but for the other stuff... is it really that different than what Rick has done?

But I don't see much difference between what the Governor has done as opposed to Rick. Other than the Governor has been far more successful at establishing a safe haven for his group.

The Governor taking down the National Guard any different than Rick quick drawing the two people in the bar? Both were threats to their leadership, and both were eliminated.

And Michonne knowing he is bad is one thing, I don't think the show did enough to establish her hatred for him, and why she decided to camp out at his place to kill him. Solely off the show, what's her motivation for that?

It's just a minor quibble, but I wish the show had established more of Michonne's character and why she hates the Governor.

Huge difference between what Rick did with the two guys and what the governor did with the National Guard unit.

The guys in the bar were in the act of pulling their weapons when Rick shot them. Rick's intent wasn't to kill them from the get-go.

Same thing with the prisoners.

Same thing with Shane.

Rick killed when he felt threatened physically.

The governor fully intended to wipe out the National Guard unit... No prisoners, regardless of how friendly or non-friendly the Guard unit actually was. They were dead. He level of evil was established right there.

I don't think Rick would have killed anyone if they had simply not threatened him.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Noway Rick and Governor are alike. They kill for different reasons. Governor is more on offensive and Rick is more on defensive, last resort to kill undeads, Rick doesn't want to kill undeads until he is certain that undeads has bad intentions against his group. Whereas Governor will kill first in order to get what he want from them, completely different.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
03EBZ06;4878205 said:
Noway Rick and Governor are alike. They kill for different reasons. Governor is more on offensive and Rick is more on defensive, last resort to kill undeads, Rick doesn't want to kill undeads until he is certain that undeads has bad intentions against his group. Whereas Governor will kill first in order to get what he want from them, completely different.

Except for when his wife dies

IAMKING

Benched
Reaction score
Well atleast Cutty is still boxing in Walking Dead. He knocked the hell out of a walker last night.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4878366 said:
I went from hating Carl last season. To him being awesome this season.

At least they know where he is....most of the time :laugh1:

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Looks like Merle also escapes the coliseum with Daryl. Glenn's reaction in the video gives it away. Probably also why carl tells him to stop being the leader and Hershel yells at him.

I expect Daryl to eventually shoot his brother in the face, but I hope they don't drag that part out too long. We already had the Rick/Shane thing last season.

I hope they don't go the "Merle is a plant for the governor" route...that would be too simplistic imo. However, it would at least give Daryl enough of a reason to end it once and for all.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
IAMKING;4878341 said:
Well atleast Cutty is still boxing in Walking Dead. He knocked the hell out of a walker last night.

:laugh2:

cowboyeric8;4878366 said:
I went from hating Carl last season. To him being awesome this season.

Same! He's a lot easier to like now that he's been forced to take his actions seriously and not do dumb things. Obviously not the best circumstances for a boy to become a man, but well done, kid.