Walking Dead– Season 3 **Spoilers**

Kilyin

Reaction score
iceberg;4850049 said:
it was all in his head and his own way to say goodbye. when the old man lifted the phone and didn't hear a dialtone, i imagine he knew what rick was going through. that's why he offered to stay, but left quickly to let rick "grieve".

michonne had zombie guts on her and they couldn't smell her. she noticed that earlier when many walked right by her. it's also why she kept 2 close for so long, order.

and good god, stuck in a closet for what, 2 days? that was pretty weak.

but now, the party is about to get started.

Thing is, she acted surprised by this, as if it had never occurred to her that their smell may serve as camouflage, while not too long ago she had been dragging two of them around by chains after removing their jaws and arms.

I like the show, and I've read the comics and the Governor novel, so I can overlook it, but that was a definite headscratcher.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Some very good news for the Comic fans out there....

The Walking Dead Casts Tyreese, The Wire Alum Chad Coleman To Star As Comic Fav

In the graphic novels, Tyreese is introduced in the prison and becomes Rick’s right-hand man after the death of Shane. Not only does he act as the muscle of the group, but in the novels he also is connected with Michonne.

Chad Coleman is best known as Dennis “Cutty” Wise from The Wire. Rumors have been circulating that he landed the huge role after he was scene on location. It is rumored that he will make his first appearance as Tyreese in Episode 8 of this season entitled “Made to Suffer”.

http://tvdonewright.com/2012/11/the...-wire-alum-chad-coleman-to-star-as-comic-fav/

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Derekmtl85;4852527 said:
Some very good news for the Comic fans out there....

The Walking Dead Casts Tyreese, The Wire Alum Chad Coleman To Star As Comic Fav

In the graphic novels, Tyreese is introduced in the prison and becomes Rick’s right-hand man after the death of Shane. Not only does he act as the muscle of the group, but in the novels he also is connected with Michonne.

Chad Coleman is best known as Dennis “Cutty” Wise from The Wire. Rumors have been circulating that he landed the huge role after he was scene on location. It is rumored that he will make his first appearance as Tyreese in Episode 8 of this season entitled “Made to Suffer”.

http://tvdonewright.com/2012/11/the...-wire-alum-chad-coleman-to-star-as-comic-fav/

I'm interested to see how he appears. I thought they already had the muscle with that prisoner, but the more the merrier.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good episode last night... Not one of the best. But good.

We're getting a little different story in the TV version than in the graphic novel.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4862520 said:
Good episode last night... Not one of the best. But good.

We're getting a little different story in the TV version than in the graphic novel.
I think one of the things they actually do well is incorporate parts of the graphic novel but in a bit different way rather than copying it.

For instance, I'm pretty sure that the governor/Michonne stuff in the comics was replaced by governor/maggie. We still see the same side of the Governor, but in a way that progresses the storyline faster and is far more suitable for a TV audience.

I still hate what they're doing with Michonne, but it looks like they've at least set themselves up for a good finale.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4862887 said:
AMC is killing me with these split seasons. First BB and now TWD. :banghead:

I think they are only stopping the season until after the holiday's, which is normal. That's why it's the "mid-season" finale.

I could be wrong though.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Derekmtl85;4863455 said:
I think they are only stopping the season until after the holiday's, which is normal. That's why it's the "mid-season" finale.

I could be wrong though.

It will be back in Feb so it's a little longer than just a holiday break but at least it's not a year break.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4863457 said:
It will be back in Feb so it's a little longer than just a holiday break but at least it's not a year break.

Not too bad, still a long wait though. :banghead:

Walking dead in february, Game of Thrones at the end of march....it's going to be a good couple months.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
The group is really wearing on me, i think a lot of people need to die soon.

All Daryl is good for is stalking people with knives and shoving a crossbow in people's faces when Rick needs him to, and the whole Maggie and Glenn relationship has always felt sappy and forced. Michonne is also a really terrible character, she's very one dimensional and is always scowling.

I can't think of anyone i really like as a character besides Merle, maybe. I'd like the Governor more as a villain if they developed his character, he's just a mystery to me, i have no idea what motivates him. It's seems like Merle just completely stole the spotlight from his character.

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4863530 said:
The group is really wearing on me, i think a lot of people need to die soon.

All Daryl is good for is stalking people with knives and shoving a crossbow in people's faces when Rick needs him to, and the whole Maggie and Glenn relationship has always felt sappy and forced. Michonne is also a really terrible character, she's very one dimensional and is always scowling.

I can't think of anyone i really like as a character besides Merle, maybe. I'd like the Governor more as a villain if they developed his character, he's just a mystery to me, i have no idea what motivates him. It's seems like Merle just completely stole the spotlight from his character.

Maggie and Glenn follows the comics. Pretty much one of the only story lines that does. I'm not digging the episodes lately it all seems forced. There are some books out now one on the Governor good book, but don't get what makes him the sob he is. I need to get volume 3 of the comics so I can read what they have about him.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Howardlittleton64;4863808 said:
Maggie and Glenn follows the comics. Pretty much one of the only story lines that does. I'm not digging the episodes lately it all seems forced. There are some books out now one on the Governor good book, but don't get what makes him the sob he is. I need to get volume 3 of the comics so I can read what they have about him.

Trust me, once you read the Governor's part in the comics, you'll realize...he's freaking psychotic and creepy, a lot more than in the show. (So far)

Reaction score
Derekmtl85;4863812 said:
Trust me, once you read the Governor's part in the comics, you'll realize...he's freaking psychotic and creepy, a lot more than in the show. (So far)

Interesting. Read the new books it is the backstory of the governor. Good book left me a little confused.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
Howardlittleton64;4863816 said:
Interesting. Read the new books it is the backstory of the governor. Good book left me a little confused.

I haven't read it yet, thanks for the info i'll be sure to get it soon.

But yes, he's one of my all-time favorite villains (the comic version of him), he's completely crazy, yet he's smart and creepy too. He's a very "dark" character.

Reaction score
Derekmtl85;4863821 said:
I haven't read it yet, thanks for the info i'll be sure to get it soon.

But yes, he's one of my all-time favorite villains (the comic version of him), he's completely crazy, yet he's smart and creepy too. He's a very "dark" character.

The second book just came out in October The Road to Woodbury. The first one is The Rise of the Governor.

mldardy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4862887 said:
AMC is killing me with these split seasons. First BB and now TWD. :banghead:
Why are people so surprised by this. This did this last season. Who cares.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Howardlittleton64;4864088 said:
The second book just came out in October The Road to Woodbury. The first one is The Rise of the Governor.

I read the Rise of the Governor a few weeks back. Pretty good book actually. I want to pull the trigger on the next one, but it may have to wait until after the holidays.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Rod;4864411 said:
I read the Rise of the Governor a few weeks back. Pretty good book actually. I want to pull the trigger on the next one, but it may have to wait until after the holidays.

The funny thing is that in the graphic novel there really isn't that much time spent on the governor.

Makes me wonder how many more shows will be based on that "theme".

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Black man down!

This show really does have some sort of minority quota, kill a black man just to introduce a new one to take his place.

Also: Damn, all it took was a oganized group of 4 guys to infiltrate and **** **** up in woodbury? I didn't know we were dealing with navy SEALs here.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
WOOT, yeah that just happened guys!

make sure to use the hashtag #ima******bag and check out the Talking Dead!