Want to Fire Garrett? It's Going to Cost You $24 Million

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'll bet you $20 he never works in the NFL again.

Garrett has enough connections in the league to latch on somewhere as a position/assistant coach but he would never be a coordinator or HC. JMO of course.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
As long as Romo is here, Payton is the only guy that Jerry would replace JG with. Maybe another coach if they promised to deliver Norv Turner. They are not going to put in a new offensive philosophy as long as Romo is QBing this team.

Iron_Man

KevinU
Reaction score
Many of us clamoring for him to be tossed to the side, but remember that he signed a 5 year/$30 million extension that's fully guaranteed. With him making $6 million a year and four years left, he's still owed $24 million reasons to stay.

That doesn't mean he won't be demoted or have certain abilities stripped away, but I can't see JJ forking that much cash to someone and not get a return, it's just not in his nature.

Yay.

I am pretty sure Jerry carries that in his wallet daily.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
you have made a fair point
to add to mine: before last year the board was about the same mood as it is today.
Then along came the 2014 season and many were the mea culpa's on this board
now a little adversity and jump back of the wagon they did.

fair weather friends

not all. I just stopped bashing JG, but felt the lack of good coaching and schemes etc is why they lost
to GB.
When 2 teams are fairly equal in talent, it comes down to coaching and game plans playbooks etc, and that is why they lost,
not murrays fumble.
And why they had murray in there with broken hand was questionable.
I would have played randle.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Garrett has enough connections in the league to latch on somewhere as a position/assistant coach but he would never be a coordinator or HC. JMO of course.

lets prorate that and I'll take it after the four years remaining on his contract

cml750

Reaction score
How about the eye glass cleaner?

Hey that would work. The eye glasses would never actually get cleaned properly but just imagine the press conference when he talks about the process of cleaning eye glasses. Everyone will be riveted.

RS12

Reaction score
BTW if Payton comes available they are saying large interest by SD FWIW.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the same rule for players is not used for coaches?

Everybody says, including the team, that they do not pay for 1 year performance, especially when that performance is in a contract year. Stephen Jones even mentioned this about Murray, that "he needs to be consistent year in and year out" to get paid like he wanted to get paid. Obviously Stephen was saying that the team is not going to give a big contract to a RB that is just average until a contract year and then leads the league in rushing during that contract year.

So why was Garrett handed a 5 yr, $30 million dollar contract, fully guaranteed, off having one year of success and that one year was his contract year?

If the team is scared that a player might have a fluke season during his contract year, they never have the same concerns over a coach? How do they know that the coach didn't just have a fluke season and will go back to posting 500 or worse seasons after getting a new deal? Seems like the team would want a little more evidence or track record before making a 5 year commitment.

Just something curious I was thinking about, how the coaches are not held to the same standard the players are.

:clap::hammer:

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Many of us clamoring for him to be tossed to the side, but remember that he signed a 5 year/$30 million extension that's fully guaranteed. With him making $6 million a year and four years left, he's still owed $24 million reasons to stay.

That doesn't mean he won't be demoted or have certain abilities stripped away, but I can't see JJ forking that much cash to someone and not get a return, it's just not in his nature.

Yay.

Won't cost me 1 cent. Pretty sure Jerry, net worth 5 billion, can afford it.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Love the way *many* can spend Jerry's money.

Bottom line, JJ has already indicated that the biggest problem on the team is the lack of an adequate backup QB. He's made more fuss over that than criticizing the coaching. Plus, he already has built in reasoning for continuing with Red:

Cowboys 2014: 12 - 4, .750 win percentage.

Cowboys 2015 w/ Romo: 3 - 1, .750 win percentage.

Not a chance in hell he changes HC. The fact it would cost in the neighborhood of $50 million to do so (firing old staff, hiring new) is just icing on the cake.