Want to Fire Garrett? It's Going to Cost You $24 Million

SlimBig

Reaction score
I think a question Jerry needs to ask himself is, would you burn $24 million to vastly improve this team and make it contender?

Jerry would
tumblr_n010ozT2p11s245rfo1_500.jpg

Garrett needs to be fired. His offense is stale and unimaginative.

StylisticS

Reaction score
The better question is will Jerry have Red change this dreadful offensive scheme?

If it was me, I would bring in an offensive guru, give him carte blanche, and tell Red all he has to do is clap on the sideline and keep track of timeouts.
If Jerry won't fire Garrett, this is probably the next best thing.

plasticman

Reaction score
If it came down to it......and it won't.....but if it did......they would come to a settlement that allows Jerry financial relief and also allows Jason to coach elsewhere.

If Jerry fires Jason then Jason gets the money but he wouldn't be able to take another coaching job. Its not about money for someone like Garrett.

Many of you poor souls don't realize....Jason Garrett would be offered an NFL Head Coach job the minute after he left the Cowboys.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If it came down to it......and it won't.....but if it did......they would come to a settlement that allows Jerry financial relief and also allows Jason to coach elsewhere.

If Jerry fires Jason then Jason gets the money but he wouldn't be able to take another coaching job. Its not about money for someone like Garrett.

Many of you poor souls don't realize....Jason Garrett would be offered an NFL Head Coach job the minute after he left the Cowboys.

I don't know about that. He interviewed for multiple jobs before with no offers.

Reaction score
I think a question Jerry needs to ask himself is, would you burn $24 million to vastly improve this team and make it contender?

If there was a guarantee that this would happen, Jerry would probably do it. But there is no guarantee. What if he forks out that cash and nothing changes? Then another change in 2 years and he'said paying 3 sets of coaches?

Not gonna happen

SlimBig

Reaction score
If there was a guarantee that this would happen, Jerry would probably do it. But there is no guarantee. What if he forks out that cash and nothing changes? Then another change in 2 years and he'said paying 3 sets of coaches?

Not gonna happen

Us going 12-4 last year screwed us. It made us feel like Garrett turned the corner.
What sucks is, like Jerry, we all want it to desperately work with Garrett because bringing in a new coach and installing a new offense takes 2-3 years.
Not many coaches come in and pull off what Harbaugh did w/ the 49ers.
With Romo, we don't have that much time to wait so we're stuck.

lkelly

Reaction score
Apologies for not reading through 5 pages of threads, but that's coming in at a bargain 50 cents per clap.

Consider it money well spent.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I still am amazed that some of you people honestly do not understand what makes Jones tick.

Keep his coffers full, he is just fine.

Besides that, his level of care ends at mildly annoyed at losing, but he forgets about it the next day.

This "wanting to win" rubbish is just that.

That is just an empty construct imbeciles throw out there to defend his ineptitude.

He is not going to fire Garrett.

So please, just stop this.

It is getting about as annoying as the "we are trading for Adrian Peterson" nonsense.

The writing was very clear then for that. And the same holds true now.

visionary

Reaction score

Lol that you actually believe this
Garrett will be lucky to even be hired as an OC and even that I doubt

waving monkey

Reaction score
I hope so. However, if "Red" has much better years, I truly hope it's because of "Red's" coaching and not from several years of high round draft choices that compensated for his ineptness. The guy is good at talking about the game, but not good at coaching it.

we dont agree but thats fine

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
It's amazing how things work out for certain individuals, no matter how bad they are at their profession. Must be nice. Garrett is truly a very lucky man. He owes Romo a ton of gratitude. Hell, he owes it all to Romo.

Garrett got that good ole preferential treatment, the guy has no experience as a head coach in high school, college or professional and landed the most prestigious job for the most valuable sports franchise in America.

foofighters

Reaction score
Many of us clamoring for him to be tossed to the side, but remember that he signed a 5 year/$30 million extension that's fully guaranteed. With him making $6 million a year and four years left, he's still owed $24 million reasons to stay.

That doesn't mean he won't be demoted or have certain abilities stripped away, but I can't see JJ forking that much cash to someone and not get a return, it's just not in his nature.

Yay.

That's it? Let me get my checkbook...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
J**** can afford it financially, but I am not sure his ego can take the hit.

***** Oops, meant those who shall not mentioned in the fan zone.

Last edited:

Swanny

Reaction score
Many of us clamoring for him to be tossed to the side, but remember that he signed a 5 year/$30 million extension that's fully guaranteed. With him making $6 million a year and four years left, he's still owed $24 million reasons to stay.

That doesn't mean he won't be demoted or have certain abilities stripped away, but I can't see JJ forking that much cash to someone and not get a return, it's just not in his nature.

Yay.

Doesn't cost us a dime. It doesn't hurt the cap so I could care less

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

Yay.

So what Jerry has money and that is like a drop in the bucket for him. It's not like it is going to hurt th salary cap.