Want to Fire Garrett? It's Going to Cost You $24 Million

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I think a question Jerry needs to ask himself is, would you burn $24 million to vastly improve this team and make it contender?

Jerry would
tumblr_n010ozT2p11s245rfo1_500.jpg

Garrett needs to be fired. His offense is stale and unimaginative.

Aren't you being harsh? By that photo are you refering to another Joan of Arc event.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
If it came down to it......and it won't.....but if it did......they would come to a settlement that allows Jerry financial relief and also allows Jason to coach elsewhere.

If Jerry fires Jason then Jason gets the money but he wouldn't be able to take another coaching job. Its not about money for someone like Garrett.

Many of you poor souls don't realize....Jason Garrett would be offered an NFL Head Coach job the minute after he left the Cowboys.

I'll bet you $20 he never works in the NFL again.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Is that worse than paying the $24M and having him stay?

The money is gone either way. If he's not fit for the job, he's not fit for the job.

Jerry has apparently never heard of the term "sunk cost".

Personally, for $6 million a season I would expect a hell of a lot more results from Garrett than 1 playoff season over his first 5 years.

waving monkey

Reaction score
1 playoff season in 5 years and the fans questioning the direction of the team are turncoats:huh:

you have made a fair point
to add to mine: before last year the board was about the same mood as it is today.
Then along came the 2014 season and many were the mea culpa's on this board
now a little adversity and jump back of the wagon they did.

fair weather friends

Doomsay

Reaction score
Many of you poor souls don't realize....Jason Garrett would be offered an NFL Head Coach job the minute after he left the Cowboys.

LOLOL, Jason might have been able to pick up a QB coaching position elsewhere, and I emphasize "might." But after getting exposed this season for the fraud of a QB evaluater and analyzer that he is, I doubt he could even muster that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the same rule for players is not used for coaches?

Everybody says, including the team, that they do not pay for 1 year performance, especially when that performance is in a contract year. Stephen Jones even mentioned this about Murray, that "he needs to be consistent year in and year out" to get paid like he wanted to get paid. Obviously Stephen was saying that the team is not going to give a big contract to a RB that is just average until a contract year and then leads the league in rushing during that contract year.

So why was Garrett handed a 5 yr, $30 million dollar contract, fully guaranteed, off having one year of success and that one year was his contract year?

If the team is scared that a player might have a fluke season during his contract year, they never have the same concerns over a coach? How do they know that the coach didn't just have a fluke season and will go back to posting 500 or worse seasons after getting a new deal? Seems like the team would want a little more evidence or track record before making a 5 year commitment.

Just something curious I was thinking about, how the coaches are not held to the same standard the players are.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is getting about as annoying as the "we are trading for Adrian Peterson" nonsense.

The writing was very clear then for that. And the same holds true now.
Correctamundo.

It's the primary reason I don't get that some go on and on every day about Garrett. A complete repeat of the AD situation last off season. Perfect example.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
that's too much money I suppose. I guess we have to put up with that clown for a few more seasons. Linehan on the other hand is gone and Garrett offensive play book is scrap.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

Where does this myth still get air to breath and stay alive?

Seriously, what GM that knows football would look at what Garrett has done in Dallas and offer him a job? I dont even think any GM would allow his HC to hire Garrett as OC.

John813

Reaction score
Garrett is lucky Jerry jones rolled the dice and thought that Garrett could be the next Payton

Won the lotto there.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Where does this myth still get air to breath and stay alive?

Seriously, what GM that knows football would look at what Garrett has done in Dallas and offer him a job? I dont even think any GM would allow his HC to hire Garrett as OC.

Exactly. The guy has no experience as a coach. He was a QB coach for a year, then was handed the assistant head coach and OC job. There isn't a head coach in the league with less experience than him.