Twitter: Ware not taking pay cut

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He was one of the greats in his prime. I think his time is up come June 1

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Then, that should be that.

Thanks for all you did as a Cowboy, but it's time to cut ties.

Dodger12

Reaction score
If I was Ware I don't know if I'd take a pay cut either. It's not like he's Doug Free or something. But if I was Jerry, I'd have to think about releasing Ware as well. Problem is, I don't think Jerry can pull that trigger.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Translation: "After listening to those nine voicemails from my agent, I didn't mean to give away his negotiating leverage so quickly".

I do think Ware takes a pay cut in a restructure, he just realizes he shouldn't have announced it publicly.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I think he still has something left, it may not be with the boys but my guess he will shine again.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I'm a Ware fan, but at soime point you have to move on, and with his cap numbers I dont see anyway he remains with the team. They also cant push anymore money on his contract into future years, not at his age and with his injury history.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Translation: "After listening to those nine voicemails from my agent, I didn't mean to give away his negotiating leverage so quickly".

I do think Ware takes a pay cut in a restructure, he just realizes he shouldn't have announced it publicly.

I mentioned this last night but got hammered for it. Some things should be kept to yourself until the right time.

visionary

Reaction score
someone else mentioned this in another thread but htis is true

jerry will not cut ware because ware is the one (and only) thing that he can point to to prove that he is a football guy. the legend goes that jerry over-ruled parcells to pick ware. ware is his crowning achievement and will retire a cowboy

consequences to the team be damned

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
I think its time to go another direction for the cowboys then...........his role and pay has to change...

If they can restructure enough that it makes sense and they can keep him next year , I would be for that.

But we need a pass rusher who is in his prime......Ware, is starting to fade.......i love the guy too,...

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
If I was Ware I don't know if I'd take a pay cut either. It's not like he's Doug Free or something. But if I was Jerry, I'd have to think about releasing Ware as well. Problem is, I don't think Jerry can pull that trigger.

Then its time to get a GM in here who can.

This is where the owner..

..who is the chief financial beneficiary of the Franchise..

..has to let others manage his holding correctly.

Ware is a holding..

just like an oil well.

When it stops producing..

..you cap it and move on.

..you don't dump another 20 Mil in it and say let's see what happens.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I'm a Ware fan, but at soime point you have to move on, and with his cap numbers I dont see anyway he remains with the team. They also cant push anymore money on his contract into future years, not at his age and with his injury history.

I don't see it either. With all of that money we can save, cutting him makes sense.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
No player should or would come out and publicly say they will take a pay cut. That's foolish.