Twitter: Ware not taking pay cut

rynochop

Reaction score
This whole 'he wont cut a star' is yet another big myth around here (almost as big as the he always wants to draft/sign a razorback)
He did let this guy named Emmitt go.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This whole 'he wont cut a star' is yet another big myth around here (almost as big as the he always wants to draft/sign a razorback)
He did let this guy named Emmitt go.

I can't remember, was Aikman cut too?

Edit -never mind. I looked it up. He was released in 2001.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Cut and use it on the following combination of players

DT Linval Joseph
DT Henry Melton
DE Michael Bennett
DE Jared Allen
S Donte Whitner
S Bernard Pollard

Consider a 2 yr deal if Hatcher can't find one elsewhere.

On top of acquiring at least 2 FA's listed above, draft on the Dline early. I like Whitner and Pollard because of their physical play and they would tandem well with Wilcox. Byrd will want more than we can afford. I can see him landing in Philly for some reason.

There is no right price for Spencer since he's coming off of major knee surgery. Let someone else over pay for him.

why spend the money on Pollard and Whitner, both are SS. We need a true FS. Whitner is wanting big money so just go sign Jarius Byrd.
Its funny people want to cut Ware and said he is past his prime and want to sign Allen. No thanks.

here is my list
DT Linval Joseph
DT Henry Melton
DE Michael Bennett
FS Jarius Byrd

Frozen700

Reaction score
Bottom line.....Ware needs to go, and he can take Austin with him

cowboys1981

Reaction score
why spend the money on Pollard and Whitner, both are SS. We need a true FS. Whitner is wanting big money so just go sign Jarius Byrd.
Its funny people want to cut Ware and said he is past his prime and want to sign Allen. No thanks.

here is my list
DT Linval Joseph
DT Henry Melton
DE Michael Bennett
FS Jarius Byrd

Whitner or a Pollard won't command as much as Byrd. I would like him but he'd be too expensive. Wilcox should slide over to the FS spot.

Between Allen and Ware, Allen is more durable and can still make plays. As much as I love Ware, he's declining fast due to his health. He's an option I'd take after Bennett.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Whitner or a Pollard won't command as much as Byrd. I would like him but he'd be too expensive. Wilcox should slide over to the FS spot.

Between Allen and Ware, Allen is more durable and can still make plays. As much as I love Ware, he's declining fast due to his health. He's an option I'd take after Bennett.

Allen is declining also. Both are over the hill, no thanks.

Pollard and Whitner combined will be more than Byrd. We need a true cover safety and Wilcox hasn't showed he can play that role.
Pollard and Whitner both are SS, we need Byrd.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Allen is declining also. Both are over the hill, no thanks.

Pollard and Whitner combined will be more than Byrd. We need a true cover safety and Wilcox hasn't showed he can play that role.
Pollard and Whitner both are SS, we need Byrd.

I didn't say get both. One or the other. Wilcox does have some range and showed some of it prior to his injury.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I didn't say get both. One or the other. Wilcox does have some range and showed some of it prior to his injury.

yes Wilcox showed range but not good enough. no way do I trust him. The coaching staff started Heath over him this season

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Paycut or he's gone. If he doesn't want to do that, hit the road. No way he is worth 2 mil per sack.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
I would cut Ware if he isn't willing to take a pay cut then sign, if possible, Brian Orakpo from the Skins. That way we get younger at that position while hurting our division rivalry.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I though he said after the game last night that he was willing to take a pay cut.................so he was just punking everybody last night?

I guess once he woke up and found out Garrett was still the head coach, he just said screw it..............Jerry does not care about winning so why should I give a dam about the cap.