Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Anyone think we will have the final answer on Ware by Tuesday? Because if we do not then it seems to me that we are gearing up for 2015. Probably the right thing to do as it would indicate that the brain trust realizes this is not a one off-season fix. Which would further indicate they will draft best player available regardless of position. And that should give us hope we are finally headed in the right direction.

If the decision comes tomorrow, then you have to assume we are targeting someone at the start of F.A.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
no, but i'll bet we start 8 more ware status threads by then.

just can't get enough of 'em.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Cowboys asked him to take a paycut, and they did so before the start of free agency. That would suggest that they wanted to clear up space for free agency.

They didn't ask him at the end of the season, they didn't ask him in the summer.

If Ware isn't released by Monday, the Front Office has very little credibility going forward. With that being said, they could ask him to take another pay cut again in the summer and if not threaten to release him when there is very little money left out there, but I honestly don't think they would do that to him. The appropriate thing to do is to cut him now. Let both parties end things on good terms.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys asked him to take a paycut, and they did so before the start of free agency. That would suggest that they wanted to clear up space for free agency.

If Ware isn't released by Monday, the Front Office has very little credibility going forward.
I'm sure the Cowboys would love to clear out some cap room for FA. But to say at the FO has very little credibility by not releasing him tomorrow is overboard. Extremely overboard.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'm sure the Cowboys would love to clear out some cap room for FA. But to say at the FO has very little credibility by not releasing him tomorrow is overboard. Extremely overboard.

Not really.

Front Office: DeMarcus, we want you to take a paycut.
DeMarcus Ware: No, thanks.
Front Office: Okay.

If that doesn't sound like a loss of credibility, I'm not sure what does.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really.

Front Office: DeMarcus, we want you to take a paycut.
DeMarcus Ware: No, thanks.
Front Office: Okay.

If that doesn't sound like a loss of credibility, I'm not sure what does.

Acting or not acting on their request tomorrow has nothing to do with them losing credibility. They cut wait until June for all I care. The last I check there is plenty of off season left to go before something HAS to be done. Tomorrow is just the next day on the calendar.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
If they want to do certain things in free agency don't they need an answer by Tuesday? I know they're already under the cap but can they go over the cap during free agency as long as they get back under it by a certain date?(I thought they needed to be under the cap by the start of free agency.) If so, then the Ware thing could go on for a very long time. If not, then they need to decide on a paycut or release before FA starts right?

I'm sure it's been said but can someone clarify?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Acting or not acting on their request tomorrow has nothing to do with them losing credibility. They cut wait until June for all I care. The last I check there is plenty of off season left to go before something HAS to be done. Tomorrow is just the next day on the calendar.

Already addressed...

Tawney88

Reaction score

They didn't ask him at the end of the season, they didn't ask him in the summer.

If Ware isn't released by Monday, the Front Office has very little credibility going forward. With that being said, they could ask him to take another pay cut again in the summer and if not threaten to release him when there is very little money left out there, but I honestly don't think they would do that to him. The appropriate thing to do is to cut him now. Let both parties end things on good terms.
The front office has very little credibility now. Nothing they do or don't do in the next day or two will change that. The FO is broken and needs fixed, if that doesn't happen 8-8 is the best we can hope for, cutting Ware doesn't change that.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I'm sick of the whole deal, period. I want the team to move on, but if he's going to stay, let us know already.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'm sick of the whole deal, period. I want the team to move on, but if he's going to stay, let us know already.

They've tried to negotiate this in public, and now they've kept fans entirely in the dark. That is only part of the problem here. The other part of the problem is this is a really poor way to do business, and I'm sure no player or agent will respect this front office based on this.

Unless you're a player that is expendable like Costa, apparently you aren't getting cut.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
no, but i'll bet we start 8 more ware status threads by then.

just can't get enough of 'em.

android-oh-look.jpg