Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, those claiming Deware would not get serious money were as usual wrong.

Yeah, that was for sure a miss calculation. However, he did get less then the 12 million he was scheduled to make so there is that but no question, he got way more then the ridiculous 6 to 8 million projections and it really didn't take all that long.

I wish him well.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Yeah, that was for sure a miss calculation. However, he did get less then the 12 million he was scheduled to make so there is that but no question, he got way more then the ridiculous 6 to 8 million projections and it really didn't take all that long.

I wish him well.

I guess that one thread was right and Michael Bennett did set the standard. Guys that are looked at as better defensive ends around the league got more money than Bennett. Ware got more and Jared Allen would have received more if Ware chose another destination and Allen landed in Denver.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I guess that one thread was right and Michael Bennett did set the standard. Guys that are looked at as better defensive ends around the league got more money than Bennett. Ware got more and Jared Allen would have received more if Ware chose another destination and Allen landed in Denver.

I don't know what Allen would have gotten but opinion here sounds reasonable. Honestly, I never really doubted that Ware would make 9 or 10. All along, I kinda felt like he would be right around that area. I just think other teams value him more then we did apparently.

Good for him. I hope it turns out well for us too.

khiladi

Reaction score
Do you remember those collisions that caused his neck problems? I recall the one was brutal and I was surprised he didn't break his neck. His toughness can't be questioned, but the multiple injuries have taken their toll.

Which one was that? I can't remember it all. I just remember him having issues of neck stingers, where he had to take himself out of games for stretches. With upper-crossed syndrome, it leads to nothing but over-stretched neck muscles, weakening them and making them susceptible to easy injury. I know from experience and corrected mine, and the issue has all but vanished. And this is a guy who takes a beating, once can only imagine the extent to which he subjected himself to and put himself at risk.

khiladi

Reaction score
Wade and Parcells' schemes had DWare rushing the QB 09% of the time. What made their schemes work so well with him was that they moved him around so you never knew where he was coming from.

It was Rob Ryan that insisted on dropping him into coverage more.

Wade had him dropping back alot, and so did Parcells. I'm not sure if Rob did it more, can't remember, but it was common with them, considering the 3-4.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't know what Allen would have gotten but opinion here sounds reasonable. Honestly, I never really doubted that Ware would make 9 or 10. All along, I kinda felt like he would be right around that area. I just think other teams value him more then we did apparently.

Good for him. I hope it turns out well for us too.

I don't think other teams value him more than Dallas. The existing contract they were dealing with hampered what they could do. Signing him as a FA is easier to do than reworking his contract. The money to give him was less of an issue than the associated salary cap hit. That was the real hurdle that Dallas could not overcome.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think other teams value him more than Dallas. The existing contract they were dealing with hampered what they could do. Signing him as a FA is easier to do than reworking his contract. The money to give him was less of an issue than the associated salary cap hit. That was the real hurdle that Dallas could not overcome.

Perhaps. On the other hand, we didn't really need to cut him lose. We were under the cap. We chose to do that. That, to me, suggests that we did not value him as much as Denver did. Ware will earn 13 million next season for playing. That's what he would have earned here.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I wish my team was all in for a year or two instead of being in a bucket of **** for 20 years

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Perhaps. On the other hand, we didn't really need to cut him lose. We were under the cap. We chose to do that. That, to me, suggests that we did not value him as much as Denver did. Ware will earn 13 million next season for playing. That's what he would have earned here.

Time will tell whether Denver overpaid for him or not.

I think Denver has the luxury of having him play fewer snaps a game thus reducing the ware and tear on his body.

Dallas on the other hand needs him to be able to play 90+% of the snaps and hence he’s more likely to break down.

Either way good luck to him, he was a great player for the Cowboys and I wish it could have ended differently.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
Well, no, it is going to be the same as it has always been. Rather random, and that comes from straight from Jerry, if you didn't have a ton of other dead money and stupid contracts, then you could have kept Ware on if you chose too. I'd rather have Ware on the books for $12M and playing than $8M and not playing.

Why?

Don't understand these sort of statements.

Willing to bet that by the 4th game in..

Ware is reported injured and out.

I can't remember the last player we let go that went on to perform at any team better than when they played for Dallas.

Doesn't happen.