Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

udas

Reaction score
Provided the Cowboys dont plan on making any free agent moves early on they can hold Ware and keep all the leverage.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The front office has very little credibility now. Nothing they do or don't do in the next day or two will change that. The FO is broken and needs fixed, if that doesn't happen 8-8 is the best we can hope for, cutting Ware doesn't change that.

Very little cred to whom?
The coaches? Maybe.
The players? Those FO guys write them their checks and none of them have bounced yet... So- no. They have cred with the players.
To the fans? They haven't been credible for years and they haven't cared so far so...

What's my point?
Hey man (or woman- I don't know)- I'm drunk as hell and my ma is having her second open heart surgery at 5 in the morning tomorrow to fix her stupid-*** first surgeon's terrible mistake.
Such a bad mistake they had to fly her to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix so that those doctors could fix the mess they made.
You should feel lucky I was able to spell my words correctly at this point.
And that I utilized the word "whom" correctly...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Very little cred to whom?
The coaches? Maybe.
The players? Those FO guys write them their checks and none of them have bounced yet... So- no. They have cred with the players.
To the fans? They haven't been credible for years and they haven't cared so far so...

What's my point?
Hey man (or woman- I don't know)- I'm drunk as hell and my ma is having her second open heart surgery at 5 in the morning tomorrow to fix her stupid-*** first surgeon's terrible mistake.
Such a bad mistake they had to fly her to the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix so that those doctors could fix the mess they made.
You should feel lucky I was able to spell my words correctly at this point.
And that I utilized the word "whom" correctly...

sometimes being on the computer is a bad idea.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cut ware, with no backup. Spend over 8 mil to cut him, and then spend more millions for his replacement. And then draft a young DE

lol this forum has all the answers.

The $8m has already been spent and half of it already counts on this year as it is. It's about when it is accounted for at this point and not whether or not it will.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Any updates on Ware's situation?

Calvin Watkins have any overnight tidbits he tweeted?

Broaddus have any gut feelings on Ware and the Boys?

Whats the clerk at the liquor store saying?

Jerry's heart surgeon?

Anybody?

Anything?

Lonestar94

Reaction score
No tweets today from watkins or broaddus, and I heard the liquor store clerk is now an Eagle fan.

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
Still nothing as of yet. I'd imagine we'll hear an update at some point today, but that "deadline" is still 32 hours away, and since we're under the cap, it could spill over into mid-week too.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Interesting...was hoping we'd hear something today....

I can't think of a reason either side would want to drag it out. Cowboys have a couple ways to free up cap room besides cutting Ware though, but I don't think they're gonna play that way with Ware. Either he is ok with the deal by now, or he is not. And besides releasing Austin, the other options are not optimum ways to free up space.

Dwight

Reaction score
Jerry needs to make a decision today. There is no need to wait. Free agency starts Tuesday. Some of those solid free agents maybe gone if the Organization fools around with this situation.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I think they should have given him a deadline of today. I wonder if that is the reason why it looks like it is going to be soon.