Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

Nirvana

Reaction score
The Cowboys could also free up more cap space by restructuring other veteran players’ contracts, such as tight end Jason Witten or cornerback Brandon Carr, or releasing other players, but as of now, they’re standing pat as other teams set the market on players.

The Cowboys can also save $5.5 million against the cap by making wide receiver Miles Austin a post-June 1 cut after the start of the new league year at 3 p.m. Tuesday, but they wouldn’t get the credit on that money until after June 1. That money, however, could go toward signing the Cowboys’ 2014 draft picks.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...ncer-de-demarcus-ware-decision-a-factor.html/

Ok so my earlier thought that cutting Austin frees up space NOW is incorrect. This makes the Ware deal that much more urgent. The other options are not directions they want to go.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...ncer-de-demarcus-ware-decision-a-factor.html/

Ok so my earlier thought that cutting Austin frees up space NOW is incorrect. This makes the Ware deal that much more urgent. The other options are not directions they want to go.
It's been mentioned that Austin would/could be a June 1 cut so the Cowboys can pay their draftees. It looks like Ware is the main target now; Austin can wait.

Nirvana

Reaction score
It's been mentioned that Austin would/could be a June 1 cut so the Cowboys can pay their draftees. It looks like Ware is the main target now; Austin can wait.

Yeah the team can designate Austin a June 1 cut now (actually tomorrow) but it doesn't make a difference on the cap until June 1. They will probably pull that trigger soon so Austin can move on.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Anyone who thought the Cowboys would do anything but draw it out until the last second, obviously hasn't been paying attention. This is how they always do things.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They can restructure other contracts to free up space for free agents and carry Ware's current cap hit into the summer at which point most teams have already spent their free agent money.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Mike Fisher says, Ware would like to have this settle by the opening window tomorrow.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Mike Fisher says, Ware would like to have this settle by the opening window tomorrow.

I am sure he would. Jones is usually pretty good about things like this, so he will probably oblige.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Well I've just read that it will be done specifically before free agency begins.

That being said, this is already quite drawn out. If Ware hasn't agreed to a paycut yet, you might as well cut him already. To suggest that there is a decision to be made, it sounds like it already has.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I am sure he would. Jones is usually pretty good about things like this, so he will probably oblige.

yeah, Jerruh always lets the guys that he is going to let go know as soon as possible so that they can talk to other teams. Whatever else you can say about our GM, he does do things like this the right way.

Alexander

Reaction score
Makes no sense to not make the decision today.

I am sure he will time it just right to get the maximum exposure. I am guessing either 5PM CST today or right at 4PM tomorrow. Got to keep the Cowboys relevant.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I am sure he will time it just right to get the maximum exposure. I am guessing either 5PM CST today or right at 4PM tomorrow. Got to keep the Cowboys relevant.

My guess is it'll be before that, but it won't matter either way as long as it gives us money to sign free agents.

Currently we have about 1.5 million available to us in Free Agency. The second we release Ware or he takes a pay cut we could have as much as 8.5 million.

That can certainly get us a few free agents between now and June 1st, where we will have a total (including the Ware money) of 13.5 million for cutting Miles Austin on June 1st.

That's a lot of breathing room. And should help us re-sign Smith and Bryant as well as our rookies.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Rumors around the net is that Ware has a deadline of midnight tonight to decide to accept a paycut or be released.

Like I said, these are rumors so obviously take them with a grain of salt..............with that being said, I would think he would have already agreed to a paycut by now if that was an option.

I think he gets released.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I can't divulge who and take it for what it's worth .. But I was told 80% certain ware will be released within 24 hours .. Unless a Hail Mary pass connects as negotiations are at a stalemate

Alexander

Reaction score
Rumors around the net is that Ware has a deadline of midnight tonight to decide to accept a paycut or be released.

Like I said, these are rumors so obviously take them with a grain of salt..............with that being said, I would think he would have already agreed to a paycut by now if that was an option.

I think he gets released.

It is just a game of chicken.

Sad thing, nobody really wins.

dcstands4

Reaction score
I'm going to say this once and once only. I understand that this game is a what have you done lately but most of yall act like Ware has been healthy for the last 2 years. If we cut ware like Atlanta did Abraham and Ware goes some where and gets almost 12 sacks like Abraham did. And we end up winning as many games as Atlanta did in a Draft that will have no chance of a clowney like player we'd all look stupid.