Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

rynochop

Reaction score
guess i will get to watch him run behind qb.s against denver opponents now..talk about an over pay.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Good for Ware, Jerry's head would explode if he were to get a ring.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You've convinced yourself the salary cap is a savings account? What a losing strategy. Then again: perfect for this franchise. Let' lose today AND assure we lose tomorrow. That's a plan!
I realize they the example is too difficult for some people to understand.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Maybe I missed something, I think this was a good move and one that needed to be done. Is this team headed in the right direction? Honestly I think JG has had a vision since he got here so maybe it is from that point of view; I don't however feel like the management has really changes anything, just not paying aging players hopefully but I still have absolutely no trust in the folks running the show.

Oh and what did I miss? When did Austin get released!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You got a link or something to back that up?
Yes, it's in the ESPN-Dallas archives. Just look in the time frame when they announced that Kiffin was hired and they were converting to the 4-3.

It probably in the CowboysZone archives also. It was discussed in great detail last year.

No, I'm not going to look up the exact page for you.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
You got a link or something to back that up?

Can't link it because it's a membeship, so I took a screenshot.

64 pass coverage snaps / 896 snaps = 7.14285% in 2012 with Rob Ryan, or 1 in 14 snaps he dropped into coverage.

1iTXUrd.png

yimyammer

Reaction score
What have they done with luck under center again?

2011 - no Luck = 2-14
2012 - Luck as a rookie = 11-5 made the playoffs and lost
2013 - 11-5 won in the first round of the playoffs and lost in the divisional round of the playoffs

that's as many playoff wins as the Cowboys have had in I can't remember how many years

I'd swap everything with the Colts from ownership down to the janitors and be happy as a lark

erod

Reaction score
I realize that but with the state of the roster and our cap, I'd say the odds are good that these guys are going to have to play significant snaps and both are JAGs. One may even have to start.

Please, in your response, show me some mercy and don't mention Rod Marinelli. I don't think I can take anymore of that.

Well, He-of-Whom-We-Do-Not-Speak is certainly in on those discussions. I genuinely believe he intends to get that fixed first and foremost.

Add Crawford, Bass, Hayden, and Selvie to those two name, and you can see they're trying to just fill a roster now. These guys at least have NFL pedigree, unlike that cast of 27 misfits that rolled through here last year.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Can't link it because it's a membeship, so I took a screenshot.

64 pass coverage snaps / 896 snaps = 7.14285% in 2012 with Rob Ryan, or 1 in 14 snaps he dropped into coverage.

1iTXUrd.png

Still doesn't take away the fact that playing with you hand on the ground is much more physical than not. He's not able to use his quickness as much and has to rely on strength. He's too small for that IMO.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, He-of-Whom-We-Do-Not-Speak is certainly in on those discussions. I genuinely believe he intends to get that fixed first and foremost.

Add Crawford, Bass, Hayden, and Selvie to those two name, and you can see they're trying to just fill a roster now. These guys at least have NFL pedigree, unlike that cast of 27 misfits that rolled through here last year.

If they both end up as backups I have no problem with it.

However, if we don't do more along the DL in FA we will enter the draft in a position of great weakness and I can see these guys reaching for starters. I'd rather play another season with a cast of misfits than reach in the draft.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Still doesn't take away the fact that playing with you hand on the ground is much more physical than not. He's not able to use his quickness as much and has to rely on strength. He's too small for that IMO.

It's more physical, but again, I don't think that was the huge factor to worry about. I mean, he had injury issues in 2012 also and didn't play well in the last half of the season. This year he barely made it to a quarter of a season.

Did the switch accelerate that? Possibly. Did his size? Well there are a lot of guys that are his size or smaller that do the same job, so I doubt it. Did the switch ruin his career? Absolutely not.

He's had injury issues since '09 and is turning 32. The switch didn't ruin anything; just may have exposed it.

T-RO

Reaction score
I realize they the example is too difficult for some people to understand.

You are the god who can lead the world into understanding how to use tomorrow's money today. The one leader with vision. Oh wait...it's already been done for millennia.

Jerry and Daniel have been extending the cap ever since there was one. How well has that worked out for those losers?

It's loser talk. It's a foundation for itchy impulsive decisions that promote losing....and perpetuate losing.

It's a dumb losing thing to do.

Let's get real... Ware is a cap casualty. So you frauders who said payday would never come...are already hosed. Did Ware have a good contract? No, but the team has ZERO down-lineman heading into next season.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are the god who can lead the world into understanding how to use tomorrow's money today. The one leader with vision. Oh wait...it's already being done for millennia.

Jerry's been extending the cap ever since there was one. How well has that worked out?

And let's get real... Ware is a cap casualty. So you frauders who said payday would never come...are already hosed. Did Ware have a good contract? No, but the team has ZERO down-lineman heading into next season.
Ware is not a cap casualty. Thery were under the cap with both Ware and Austin at their non restructured contract amounts. That is far from the definition of a cap casualty, but I don't expect you to understand that.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Well, those claiming Deware would not get serious money were as usual wrong.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's more physical, but again, I don't think that was the huge factor to worry about. I mean, he had injury issues in 2012 also and didn't play well in the last half of the season. This year he barely made it to a quarter of a season.

Did the switch accelerate that? Possibly. Did his size? Well there are a lot of guys that are his size or smaller that do the same job, so I doubt it. Did the switch ruin his career? Absolutely not.

He's had injury issues since '09 and is turning 32. The switch didn't ruin anything; just may have exposed it.

There aren't a lot of guys his size that play DE in a 4-3 and play it well.