Twitter: Ware willing to take a pay cut

Szczepanik

Reaction score
This should excite the board. Everyone wanted him gone unless he took a paycut. He wants to stay a Cowboy and get effectively help the team by taking a paycut at the same time.

I am on board. Here is to hoping he is healthier and in the game next year!

Pabst

Reaction score
Him taking a paycut is really the best case scenario for the Cowboys.

Straight up releasing him causes a huge amount of dead cap space, and that's not including whatever salary is going to go towards his replacement.

If he takes a decent paycut, you can lower his cap number without dead money issues and without having to prorate more of his base salary into future years.

It is, by far, the best possible outcome for the Cowboys.

Zordon

Reaction score
no i think it's time for a full cut. i'd like to hand the locker room over to some of these young players and get full savings. ware's body is done.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
How bout he take a full pay cut and we move on?
that's dumb. Here a guy is willing to take one for the team. We always whine and complain about selfish players. He knows his play has declined, and is willing to put up to help us get other players, and we have a problem with that. Ware is one of our own, this man has given this team everything. For years he's done it with no one on the other side, and now he's saying he's willing to cut his pay because he's not where he was.

The guy played great today. He made several pressures that caused Foles to move away from the pocket where he was sacked or hurried. He still has value, but I will say this, if it's time to cut Ware or Trade him, let's throw Romo in there too.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Why would we even address such a thing with the media/public? He should keep his mouth shut until management approaches him.

I don't see your gripe with this. What difference does it make? Dirk Nowitzki said he's going to take a pay cut this upcoming off-season and I heard no one in the DFW media or Mavs fans have any problem with him saying that.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Best guess on what caused him to say it is that he was likely asked a question and he answered it. He probably shouldn't have answered it, but if he's willing to the team should jump all over that.

KB1122

Reaction score
Ware probably put off tons of money during his heyday to help the team. I think he deserves to keep it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well at least he knows he sucks now.

He'll take a paycut only b/c he doesn't want to uproot his family.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
A significant pay cut is better than releasing and replacing him or having to push a ton of money into the future. I like that he wants to stay here and willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
His days as the best are done. But Ware can be a great player who takes 50% of the snaps for several more years.
The guy can't bend to get leverage on the outside shoulder on a speed rush...since he was never able to learn any pass rushing moves, he is done, regarldess of how many snaps he takes.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The guy can't bend to get leverage on the outside shoulder on a speed rush...since he was never able to learn any pass rushing moves, he is done, regarldess of how many snaps he takes.

Yes. He is of of the league's all time sack leaders, yet he has no pass rush moves.

Sober up before you post again.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
He's still a good player, he's just been riddled with injuries the past 2 seasons. I say let him take a pay cut, get him healthy in the off season, bring in someone that can keep this team healthy, and use that additional cap space wisely!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yes. He is of of the league's all time sack leaders, yet he has no pass rush moves.

Sober up before you post again.
He has a speed rush, and a bull rush. That's it.

And he's not even top 15 in all time sacks.

The fact that he has no moves is the reason so many tackles have been able to handle him on their own over the years.