Twitter: Ware willing to take a pay cut

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
That surprises me. The game just ended and he shooting off about his contract.

He's not shooting off about his contract. How do you people not see that he's trying to say that he wants to do whatever it takes to help this team improve and get to the next level? That's really what he was saying if you can read between the lines at all..it wasn't a selfish statement at all.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
"Ware went on to reveal a laundry list of injuries he’s dealt with this season. He had issues with both of his elbows, a torn right quad that sidelined him for three consecutive games and a herniated disk in his back that flared up."

Him too, huh?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see your gripe with this. What difference does it make? Dirk Nowitzki said he's going to take a pay cut this upcoming off-season and I heard no one in the DFW media or Mavs fans have any problem with him saying that.

I bet his agent has a problem with it. No need to address it until approached about it.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I bet his agent has a problem with it. No need to address it until approached about it.

He's OFFERING to take a pay cut for the betterment of the team.

Where is the disconnect for you?

Of course he doesn't HAVE to address it.. he WANTED to address it, because he wants to play for a winning team.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He has a speed rush, and a bull rush. That's it.

And he's not even top 15 in all time sacks.

The fact that he has no moves is the reason so many tackles have been able to handle him on their own over the years.

Not to 15. Could that because everyone above him has played far longer?

That you think tackles have handled him well tell me all I need to know about your agenda and sobriety.

Pabst

Reaction score
I don't think you can blame Ware for answering a question he was asked. It would be much more damning had he bristled at the notion or something similar. He was asked a question, responded truthfully and with loyalty to his team.

There is absolutely no need to be upset with this.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
He's not shooting off about his contract. How do you people not see that he's trying to say that he wants to do whatever it takes to help this team improve and get to the next level? That's really what he was saying if you can read between the lines at all..it wasn't a selfish statement at all.

He can wait on it, is all I'm saying. At least talk with the FO before going public. IMO he knows he may be cut and it is why he's expressing his desire to take a pay cut. If cutting him after June saves us as much as posters on here says it will, then cutting him would be best for the team. Especially with back to back seasons playing with injuries, in addition to having a hernia.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's OFFERING to take a pay cut for the betterment of the team.

Where is the disconnect for you?

Of course he doesn't HAVE to address it.. he WANTED to address it, because he wants to play for a winning team.

There's no disconnect. My assumption is that some media person asked about it and he felt obliged to answer. He shouldn't feel so obliged, IMO.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Not to 15. Could that because everyone above him has played far longer?

That you think tackles have handled him well tell me all I need to know about your agenda and sobriety.
Jared Allen has 9 more sacks and played only one more year. If you're going to say he's one of the "all time sack leaders" then it doesn't matter who has played longer.

Are you going to sit here and tell me there hasn't been games where the opposing OT hasn't shut him down? Seriously?

Questfor6

Reaction score
I wanted him gone after this yr but if he wants to take a pay cut ala Doug Free style to prove his keep I'm all for it. Maybe we can get Bennett from Seattle with the freed up money, or maybe Spencer will cut us a hometown discount since he burnt us at the stake this year...

TTexasTT

Reaction score

He has a right to address it whenever he likes. Just like you have the right to spew out any ridiculous opinion you have.... And you just at that chance.
The difference is that people will actually take him seriously.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has a right to address it whenever he likes. Just like you have the right to spew out any ridiculous opinion you have.... And you just at that chance.
The difference is that people will actually take him seriously.

What I'm saying is he probably should keep this private between him, his agent and management. The Dallas media will be all over this pay cut thing. I think it would've been in his best interest to keep it to himself. Yes it's my opinion and there's no need for you to spew such venom about it. And when has anyone taken you seriously?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Jared Allen has 9 more sacks and played only one more year. If you're going to say he's one of the "all time sack leaders" then it doesn't matter who has played longer.

Are you going to sit here and tell me there hasn't been games where the opposing OT hasn't shut him down? Seriously?

Good point....

I won't argue that...

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It's really bizarre for Ware to comment on something with a response like that...this ain't the NBA. Maybe he thought they meant "restructure".