Was Dak the best QB of the 2016 draft?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Why would you subtract the 13-3? LOL Because you are a pathetic troll?

QB's dont have records, teams do. But if you want to use record, you get blasted out of the water as well when you use stats.

Oh look, another triggered Karen that uses name calling as a retort to defend their average QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
and we reached the mandatory 10 page thread for a Dak related subject. Kudos to all for repeating the same thing for the 100th time and digging in deeper....great job

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh look, another triggered Karen that uses name calling as a retort to defend their average QB.
What purpose and agenda does it serve for acclaimed diehard Cowboy fans continually day after day thread thread bashing their QB.

This is a Cowboys fan forum . Wouldn’t it be expected that the overall vibe would be more supportive of their franchise QB.

If you’re looking for more criticism on Dak Prescott why would you come to a Cowboys Fan Forum unless to troll Cowboy fans ? There’s plenty of other social media venues to spew such criticism .

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What purpose and agenda does it serve for acclaimed diehard Cowboy fans continually day after day thread thread bashing their QB.

This is a Cowboys fan forum . Wouldn’t it be expected that the overall vibe would be more supportive of their franchise QB.

If you’re looking for more criticism on Dak Prescott why would you come to a Cowboys Fan Forum unless to troll Cowboy fans ? There’s plenty of other social media venues to spew such criticism .

Ding ding ding..

Ken

Reaction score
As of right now, yes.

I think he is def. better than Goff. Wentz is still the question mark for me. I think he turns things around with the Colts and gets back to form.
He wasn't better than Dak even in his best season....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He wasn't better than Dak even in his best season....

Wentz was better that one year.. which just happened to be Dak's worst season. But the fact of the matter is that was really the only year when you could say that. Overall Dak has been better .. there is really no objective measure which says different.. Completion percentage.. Dak is better.. TD/INT ratio.. Dak is better.. won-loss record... Dak is better.. Yards per attempt.. Dak is better.. Yards per game.. Dak is better.. Wentz had one great year and if you want to give him credit for that 3-4 game stretch at the end of 2019 where he was good then fine.. but other than that.. It's Dak by a country mile.

Reactions: Ken

USArmyVet

Reaction score

I see, so in no way should anyone question anything or anyone Cowboys simply because it is a Cowboys site? I guess you are one that doesn't believe in questioning government or the police too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see, so in no way should anyone question anything or anyone Cowboys simply because it is a Cowboys site? I guess you are one that doesn't believe in questioning government or the police too.
That’s not what I said .

And this isn’t an official Dallas Cowboys site where you can voice your concerns to the ownership, management or powers that be. This is a fan site.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

There is a Waimea Canyon sized chasm between "questioning" and "bashing." (And yes I am going to Hawaii this summer!) We can all analyze what we see and what is going on.. It's possible to do that without declaring a guy a bum or a bust or a whatever other crap people want to heap on the guys. I honestly cannot for the life of me understand why this is so hard for some people to understand. We have these people who are so staunchly dug in on their hot takes they've spouted about guys that they are breaking themselves in half bending over backward to justify why they were right no matter how big the mountain of evidence that they were wrong gets.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I didn’t say with any QB.

2015 we not only didn’t have a QB as good as Dak or Romo but we didn’t have a RB with league leading production as Murray or Elliott. And for the record Dez was out with a broken foot part of 2015 as well.

In 2015: Dallas running offense - 5th at 4.6 yards per rush
In 2016: Dallas running offense - 3rd at 4.8 yards per rush

The reason why Zeke had the league leading production is because he got more opportunities because his QB was effective in the passing game. If Dak was the QB in 2015, the Cowboys RBs would likely have had more opportunities vs Dallas always playing from behind in 2015.

Hence, why per carry is a better indication of whether the Cowboys running offense was really that much better in 16 than 15. It was not. Even with Zeke being a better RB than anyone in 15, the rushing production was only slightly better.

And Dez was also out in 2016 -- Dallas won all those games that Dez was out though in 2016 as opposed to 2015.

Again the difference between 2015 and 2016 was QB play -- not WRs, not RBs, not coaches, not TEs...QB play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In 2015: Dallas running offense - 5th at 4.6 yards per rush
In 2016: Dallas running offense - 3rd at 4.8 yards per rush

The reason why Zeke had the league leading production is because he got more opportunities because his QB was effective in the passing game. If Dak was the QB in 2015, the Cowboys RBs would likely have had more opportunities vs Dallas always playing from behind in 2015.

Hence, why per carry is a better indication of whether the Cowboys running offense was really that much better in 16 than 15. It was not. Even with Zeke being a better RB than anyone in 15, the rushing production was only slightly better.

And Dez was also out in 2016 -- Dallas won all those games that Dez was out though in 2016 as opposed to 2015.

Again the difference between 2015 and 2016 was QB play -- not WRs, not RBs, not coaches, not TEs...QB play.
And we didn’t have a backup QB the level of Dak. No doubt that was the biggest factor.

Flamma

Reaction score
Wentz was better that one year.. which just happened to be Dak's worst season. But the fact of the matter is that was really the only year when you could say that. Overall Dak has been better .. there is really no objective measure which says different.. Completion percentage.. Dak is better.. TD/INT ratio.. Dak is better.. won-loss record... Dak is better.. Yards per attempt.. Dak is better.. Yards per game.. Dak is better.. Wentz had one great year and if you want to give him credit for that 3-4 game stretch at the end of 2019 where he was good then fine.. but other than that.. It's Dak by a country mile.

I give Wentz credit for playing well with the perfect situation around him. Foles came in and didn't skip a beat. Primarily due to the same reason. Wentz didn't just get better from his rookie season, you also saw the entire team take a giant leap. I'm interested in seeing how well he does with the Colts. I think he has a pretty good situation there.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
yup but who cares about being a fly with rights to the biggest pile of horse dung?

we need a ring within the next 3 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How mentioned holes?

And why would I have to outline to you what I see? You're pattern of behavior on here is getting to predictable. It's my opinion and I don't think you care about it one way or the other.

I hope he's proves me wrong and we win multiple Super Bowls with him. I'm rooting for him just like I do with every other player.

I actually don't mind your troll-like act on here. It's the internet, if anyone gets offended on here then they should stay off. Haha.

Have a great day, I know I will!

Dak has already proven you wrong over and over again. You commented that Dak had "holes in his game". Im simply asking you to explain your stance. You obviously cant because its compete BS. Thats all you have to do with trolls like you...........ask them to explain and they clam up.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Dak has already proven you wrong over and over again. You commented that Dak had "holes in his game". Im simply asking you to explain your stance. You obviously cant because its compete BS. Thats all you have to do with trolls like you...........ask them to explain and they clam up.
Lol...please show me quote about "holes" in his game.

You sure are an angry lil fella aren't ya?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It has always been my opinion.

Wentz's "MVP" year was so smoke and mirrors and i said it all year that season. It was proven when a backup won them the Super Bowl.
At least he's had a year where he was the clear cut "MVP" before injurry.

Goff or Dak have never been in that discussion.

Again, I believe Dak is the best of the class right now, but that doesn't change the fact that Wentz had the best season of the three.