Was it Dak, or was it really Kellen Moore?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
astutely said. one of the "thrown behind the wr" passes was to protect him from an oncoming defender. jarwin, I think. but not thrown so far behind that jarwin couldn't catch it. that's seeing things very clearly from a qb point of view.
It was Gallup coming across the middle.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Dak was the first Dallas quarterback to ever have a perfect QB rating. How can you say he didn’t play great with a straight face? It literally was a record breaking performance.
Craig Morton was 1st he did it in 1969

mmohican29

Reaction score
I saw a few bad throws, that were behind the WR's but they did a good job adjusting, tighter coverage and we could of seen picks.

Dak had a good, not great game, I'll give him that.

Now was it a product of Kellen Moore? WR's were open and some of the passes were easy. But he made them. I'd give it another 2 weeks before going Dak crazy. Jerry, don't rush to sign him.

Part of it is Giants being dog doo doo

Dumb.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I have been sooooooo critical of Dak.

But, what I saw was a whole change in the right direction on his mechanics. Kitna, somehow did some serious work in that department. Not just Kitna, but Dak as well.
Dak must have heard the critics, etc... He must have woke up and realized he really wasn't as good as his stats said.

The kid definitely put in some work to change. That was very evident in that game.

Granted... Giants secondary sucks. But, that doesn't change the fact of where the ball placement was often on the money. That shouldn't change, just because the defense is better.
Obviously with more pressure, etc... it can affect how it is thrown. But, for the most part... the accuracy should get better as he works even more on his mechanics. Apparently he has
the ability to change. Which is a very hard thing to do.

So, I have to give him some serious props for those changes. Because I didn't think mechanics could be corrected after doing it wrong for so long.

Not to mention... decision making. You remember how much he hesitated? I said awhile back we need some of those quick timing routes... step back and throw where the receiver should be...
We saw a lot of that last night too.

I didn't see the scared Dak either...

Some serious changes happened this off season, there is no doubt.

I am actually looking forward to seeing how this turns out as we face tougher defenses.

I really think what we are seeing is the logical progression of a young man truly dedicated to his team and craft who now has the benefit of some higher quality coaching

I feel Dak is taking advantage of every opportunity to put time in and get better . Much of this is about how bad you want it Dak wants it and it shows in his work ethic and the end results

lukin2006

Reaction score
Both. Kellen called a great game and Dak made the plays. Every QB misses throws. Dak had what 6 or 7 incompletions.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I really think what we are seeing is the logical progression of a young man truly dedicated to his team and craft who now has the benefit of some higher quality coaching

I feel Dak is taking advantage of every opportunity to put time in and get better . Much of this is about how bad you want it Dak wants it and it shows in his work ethic and the end results

This.

He is a true warrior, and as Witten said is "truly chasing greatness".

lukin2006

Reaction score
I saw a few bad throws, that were behind the WR's but they did a good job adjusting, tighter coverage and we could of seen picks.

Now was it a product of Kellen Moore? WR's were open and some of the passes were easy. But he made them. I'd give it another 2 weeks before going Dak crazy. Jerry, don't rush to sign him.

:facepalm: Dak had a perfect passer rating, 4 TD passes and over 400 yards passing. Would have loved to see what a great game would like...

dckid

Reaction score

I lived the three Qb runs. I just wish he would go down before taking stupid hits.

MistyAnn

Reaction score
Dak had a great game but he wasn't the first, or second to have a perfect rating. Don Meredith was the first. Craig Morton was the second. (Morton did it a second time with the Broncs.)

In case you're wondering: Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning have four; Kurt Warner has three; and Craig Morton, Dave Krieg, Ken O'Brien, and Tom Brady have two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_quarterbacks_who_have_posted_a_perfect_passer_rating
Ken O Brien, that must have been against the Dolphins.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This place is just full of "alternative facts" today.

It couldn't possibly be the offense as whole played well. Nah, gotta fit it into the agenda.
Take a breath. For years the mantra was that Prescott needs Elliott to succeed. 50 yards isn't playing well, so lets not make up alternative facts and suggest he did.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Both.. Kellen called plays that got guys wide open and Dak dropped the passes into them.

It was a near perfect game on both ends.
Kitna and Kellen are a breath of fresh air. They are collectively doing wonders for Dak and this offense. Dak's gonna cost Jerry a ton of money. :laugh:

ItzKelz

Reaction score

Only 4 other QBs in NFL history had a game like Dak did in a week one game. Perfect Passing Rating.....400 yards passing.....4 TD's. That sir is a great game.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everyone got to see how Prescott did without Elliott.
This place is just full of "alternative facts" today.

It couldn't possibly be the offense as whole played well. Nah, gotta fit it into the agenda.
You are both correct. Elliott was not a dominating component of the offense as some people claimed he must be. And it is completely relevant stating the offense functioned fluently and cohesively. There is more inclusive than alternative facts involved.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You are both correct. Elliott was not a dominating component of the offense as some people claimed he must be. And it is completely relevant stating the offense functioned fluently and cohesively. There is more inclusive than alternative facts involved.
I'm a fan of Elliott and think he's elite, but we did not lean on him one bit. Pollard could have done the same. That's how dominant the passing game was.