Was Lamb a little gimpy on the overthrows?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know it's time to move on to the Falcons but it occurred to me as I watched that game last week that Lamb could not find the gear to go get those balls. Generally he has been a guy who has been able to hit the turbo button and go get it. We know he sat out a lot of practice after the ankle tweak which meant not only was he gimpy but the timing with Dak was not where it needed to be. Did Dak heave those balls with a 100% Lamb in mind but that guy wasn't playing on Sunday. I know the haters will whine that this is excuse making but who cares? When things go wrong I look for reasons why.. Those who don't like it are free to go read other people's posts.
Whole team was gimpy from the looks of it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
WTH? Dude, Lamb is not Bob Hayes! Those passes were 10 yards or more beyond Lamb even if he tried to "hit the turbo button". lol

Man, you are always so full of conspiracy theories. "Those who don't like it are free to go read other people's posts."...and why did you put in this disclaimer? Is it because you know it was a stupid post and you want to lay the blame on Lamb and not Dak for throwing the ball 10-15 yards beyond Lamb ? lol

Why the hell is any discussion of possible causes a "conspiracy" to you? If you don't want to discuss the topic then don't discuss it.. I don't care .. I will continue to discuss what interests me with or without your approval. Neither of those passes landed more than 5 yards in front of Lamb.. which means that at the moment they passed over his head they were MAYBE a yard or two long tracking the flight of the ball. But again.. you apparently are as good at judging distance as you are discussing football.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
You guys aren’t helping your cases by posting videos from 4 years ago lol….why are none of these “accuracy” videos from the past one or two years lol?
Because Daks agent told him no more contests after Garrett kept whipping him in practice.

:lmao2:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I felt like Lamb let up both times but you might be right and that it just looked like he had a chance at them since he let up…he probably never had a chance at them.

I agree that he let up which made the balls appear to be more overthrown than they were.. But he may also have let up because running on a bum wheel he wasn't going to get there. It all goes into the equation.

shabazz

Reaction score
I felt like Lamb let up both times but you might be right and that it just looked like he had a chance at them since he let up…he probably never had a chance at them.

What I can't get over is not they lost....but how they lost.

Mass lack of concentration and focus or complacency shouldn't happen to a team that hasn't accomplished anything meaningful.

If we see a big bounce back against the falcon mediocre defense at least we know it was a hiccup.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Why the hell is any discussion of possible causes a "conspiracy" to you? If you don't want to discuss the topic then don't discuss it.. I don't care .. I will continue to discuss what interests me with or without your approval. Neither of those passes landed more than 5 yards in front of Lamb.. which means that at the moment they passed over his head they were MAYBE a yard or two long tracking the flight of the ball. But again.. you apparently are as good at judging distance as you are discussing football.

Damn, dude! Slow down...triggered? It was not Dak's fault, it was Lamb's fault...stupid Lamb, if only he could have "hit the turbos".

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I think you're trying to make it more than what it was. It really was just an off day. I blame the coaches allowing them to "eat the cheese". Dak can say whatever he wants to the media, but he was probably feeling himself a little too much also just like the rest of the guys. If it happens again Sunday then we might have a problem, but we will find out.

This. People got too much time on their hands. :)

Bring on Atlanta.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I agree that he let up which made the balls appear to be more overthrown than they were.. But he may also have let up because running on a bum wheel he wasn't going to get there. It all goes into the equation.
What about the pick he threw ten feet over Dalton's head? He supposed to hit the go go gadget button?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I know it's time to move on to the Falcons but it occurred to me as I watched that game last week that Lamb could not find the gear to go get those balls. Generally he has been a guy who has been able to hit the turbo button and go get it. We know he sat out a lot of practice after the ankle tweak which meant not only was he gimpy but the timing with Dak was not where it needed to be. Did Dak heave those balls with a 100% Lamb in mind but that guy wasn't playing on Sunday. I know the haters will whine that this is excuse making but who cares? When things go wrong I look for reasons why.. Those who don't like it are free to go read other people's posts.

which ones? The ones 5 yards overthrown or 10? lol

Look, Dak has played amazing up to his injury. BUt last week, he sucked. Amazing how that works, Dak plays great, we win and the play calling is amazing.

Dak plays like crap, we lose, and then the play calling sucks...lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
which ones? The ones 5 yards overthrown or 10? lol

Look, Dak has played amazing up to his injury. BUt last week, he sucked. Amazing how that works, Dak plays great, we win and the play calling is amazing.

Dak plays like crap, we lose, and then the play calling sucks...lol

I just watched both plays about 5 minutes ago.. The first one landed 5 yards in front of Lamb and the second one was maybe 2.. You will get no argument here about how Dak played.. He stunk.. the whole team did.. I was merely analyzing those two plays specifically because they were both plays that could have changed the whole complexion of the game.. every bit as much as the blocked punt that never was.. I just think it's fair to wonder if not practicing much with CD and Coop during the was not at least partly responsible for how out of sync they looked for most of the game. Like Garrett used to say.. practice matters.. that's why we do it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Damn, dude! Slow down...triggered? It was not Dak's fault, it was Lamb's fault...stupid Lamb, if only he could have "hit the turbos".

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

Go play in traffic.. Like I said.. my choice of what to talk about isn't really up to you.. or anyone else for that matter.. You don't like it.. find a mirror and complain to probably the only person who cares..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought the same thing

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They just looked like your average over throws to me. No excuses. They were just bad passes and nobody was hitting on anything for us Sunday.
Overthrow, is way better than under through. But I agree with you P. I thought at least one of them should’ve been caught

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
the throws were off regardless..tired of all the excuses for the game..it was a bad loss a total team loss...

time to let it go already there no one part of the game that truly could have changed the outcome..
The blocked punt coming out a half time. Definitely would’ve changed the entire outcome in my opinion

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What about the pick he threw ten feet over Dalton's head? He supposed to hit the go go gadget button?

Pretty sure that ball was intended for Lamb who was running the over route.. Bad read and bad throw either way..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Go play in traffic.. Like I said.. my choice of what to talk about isn't really up to you.. or anyone else for that matter.. You don't like it.. find a mirror and complain to probably the only person who cares..

lmao...such a child like response coming from you. You need to get that blood pressure checked. I hope your day turns out better.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Nope, Dak was just off.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think one was his speed and the other was a over throw.

JustChip

Reaction score
There were 3 solar flares last week that created magnetic storms. The last 2 were moving faster than the first one so they overtook and merged with it and created a super storm. Denver wasn’t affected because they’re better conditioned to handle the affect if solar magnetic storms being 5,000’ closer to the sun.

That makes about as much sense as a lot of the root cause theories about why Dak and the team sucked against Denver.