Was Lamb a little gimpy on the overthrows?

NotForLong

Reaction score
I know it's time to move on to the Falcons but it occurred to me as I watched that game last week that Lamb could not find the gear to go get those balls. Generally he has been a guy who has been able to hit the turbo button and go get it. We know he sat out a lot of practice after the ankle tweak which meant not only was he gimpy but the timing with Dak was not where it needed to be. Did Dak heave those balls with a 100% Lamb in mind but that guy wasn't playing on Sunday. I know the haters will whine that this is excuse making but who cares? When things go wrong I look for reasons why.. Those who don't like it are free to go read other people's posts.
All I read was overthrows

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’m not going to argue with this take, because it’s respectable.

But again, it still doesn’t address why he became accurate and ‘poised’ in garbage time, with WRs that aren’t starters and were in there, because of the score being so lop-sided.

I think he settled in after hardly practicing for three weeks. Cooper and Lamb not being 100 percent probably didn't help Prescott's accuracy, but he was clearly off on several throws he normally would make. We were hurt and rusty and QB and WR, so it's really no wonder we played poorly against a good Denver defense.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think he settled in after hardly practicing for three weeks. Cooper and Lamb not being 100 percent probably didn't help Prescott's accuracy, but he was clearly off on several throws he normally would make. We were hurt and rusty and QB and WR, so it's really no wonder we played poorly against a good Denver defense.

Yeah the poor performance is not really open for debate. All the guys played like crap though I will go my grave wondering why Moore refused to keep letting Zeke soften up the defense when he was still getting almost 5 yards a pop.. I think either he or Dak (or both) lost patience and panicked when things didn't go well early. Gotta guard against a repeat of that.. I sincerely hope McCarthy is driving that point home with Moore for Sunday. Until we're down at least three scores we need to keep the running game in play unless it's just getting 2 yards per carry. Even if it's just 3 yards a pop we need to keep it in our repertoire to keep the defense honest.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah the poor performance is not really open for debate. All the guys played like crap though I will go my grave wondering why Moore refused to keep letting Zeke soften up the defense when he was still getting almost 5 yards a pop.. I think either he or Dak (or both) lost patience and panicked when things didn't go well early. Gotta guard against a repeat of that.. I sincerely hope McCarthy is driving that point home with Moore for Sunday. Until we're down at least three scores we need to keep the running game in play unless it's just getting 2 yards per carry. Even if it's just 3 yards a pop we need to keep it in our repertoire to keep the defense honest.

It was the fronts. Denver was showing a lot of eight-man, but dropping into zone. That's one area where they outsmarted us, but if we'd hit some of those passes we were missing on, it would have affected the way they were playing. That's something that some fans don't seem to get sometimes: Our offense has forced defenses to play differently than they wanted. We didn't do that against the Broncos, so they were able to stick with what was working.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It was the fronts. Denver was showing a lot of eight-man, but dropping into zone. That's one area where they outsmarted us, but if we'd hit some of those passes we were missing on, it would have affected the way they were playing. That's something that some fans don't seem to get sometimes: Our offense has forced defenses to play differently than they wanted. We didn't do that against the Broncos, so they were able to stick with what was working.

Yeah that's the thing.. Denver is puffing their chest out like they figured out some magic potion. If our guys don't drop 5 balls and Dak doesn't just miss on 5 more the Cowboys probably win that game going away. The plays were there to be made, we just didn't make them.

tcain2004

Reaction score
Yeah it really bothers me how badly teams stumble down the stretch in the modern NFL. Maybe it's the old guy in me but it certainly seems like back in the day good teams would routinely go into the playoffs on an uptick. .. More often than not everybody kinda stumbles into the playoffs these days. Which is odd because the game is less physical than it has ever been, frankly.

the game is less physical but the players/people are softer than ever.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that's the thing.. Denver is puffing their chest out like they figured out some magic potion. If our guys don't drop 5 balls and Dak doesn't just miss on 5 more the Cowboys probably win that game going away. The plays were there to be made, we just didn't make them.
IF if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if if .......6 years into the Dak-Mafia age and were still if if if if if if if if if .........With 1 playoff win to our leader's name!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Couple more years bra
By year 10 we might have 1 more playoff win making a total of 2 yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo.....
And then Jerry will give him another massive contract........:confused:.......Dak Mafia does it get any better baby?????

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/amari-cooper-says-broncos-didn-055304700.html

“But you got to think: me and CeeDee (Lamb)’s ankle was like — he had just hurt it on Wednesday. He could barely run. The same thing with me, you know what I’m saying. So, it’s kind of funny because we invite that. As time goes on, we invite that. That’s what we want. It just caught us on a bad week. I’m not trying to make excuses. Shoot, I could barely run, he could barely run, and we’re starting receivers. So it’s easy to cover two guys who can’t really do what they want to do. No excuses. We still stepped on the field. So, obviously, we needed to do our jobs because we decided to step on the field. But, you know, we want to invite that man-to-man coverage every week because it’s either going to be a slow death or a fast one.”

blueblood70

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/amari-cooper-says-broncos-didn-055304700.html

“But you got to think: me and CeeDee (Lamb)’s ankle was like — he had just hurt it on Wednesday. He could barely run. The same thing with me, you know what I’m saying. So, it’s kind of funny because we invite that. As time goes on, we invite that. That’s what we want. It just caught us on a bad week. I’m not trying to make excuses. Shoot, I could barely run, he could barely run, and we’re starting receivers. So it’s easy to cover two guys who can’t really do what they want to do. No excuses. We still stepped on the field. So, obviously, we needed to do our jobs because we decided to step on the field. But, you know, we want to invite that man-to-man coverage every week because it’s either going to be a slow death or a fast one.”
barely run but open by 2 yards on both the overthrows..excuses..its on dak last game..end of story..

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
barely run but open by 2 yards on both the overthrows..excuses..its on dak last game..end of story..

Agree completely that Dak played horrible and one of his worst games. I only posted that as a filler for what OP was discussing on Lamb being gimpy

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke averaged 5.1 yards per carry on 10 totes.. Several morons here have assured me that the back who has the higher average was clearly better and the only thing holding him back was more touches.. The Cowboys other back averaged 2.75 yards per carry.. THAT bum clearly needs to be benched.

Thanks for playing..

Yep that 50 yards was just too tough to stop!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

I was assured by some moron that yards is all that matters.

15 million and worth EVERY penny. :lmao2::lmao2: