Was Lamb a little gimpy on the overthrows?

cowboys1981

Reaction score
He did sprain his ankle at practice leading into last week's game. He still played, but he was definitely missing a step. Hopefully he feels better this week.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Perhaps.. but again I am addressing the why.. not the what.. We know they were bad passes.. But was it because Dak was just off or because he and Lamb were not on the same page after not practicing together all week. Dak has been top 2 or 3 in the NFL in deep ball accuracy over the last three seasons.. so when he is not on target with them I wanna know why. Sure we can take the simple route and say "off day" but in addition to the bad throws we also saw 5 balls hit guys in the numbers and end up on the ground.. so it's not like every throw was off.

You've taken 4 days to come up with an excuse to deflect from the obvious that Dak wasnt on his normal game. Just accept that it sometimes happens, hold your hands up and move on.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Geez ... Anything to take the Blame off of Dak, I guess. Not that he deserves the entire blame for the game, but those over throws were on him. But yeah, lets make Lamb Gimpy to make Dak look better.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Geez ... Anything to take the Blame off of Dak, I guess. Not that he deserves the entire blame for the game, but those over throws were on him. But yeah, lets make Lamb Gimpy to make Dak look better.

First of all we didn't make Lamb gimpy.. His ankle did as of last Wednesday. And this insistence that analyzing what went wrong on those plays to be assessing blame is curious at best. Why can we not discuss plays without these ridiculous junior high level narratives? Lamb was overthrown.. Dak missed him.. I don't particularly care whose "fault" it was.. I just want to understand in my own mind what went down.. It's what I do.. Sue me..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Well...to Lamb's credit, gimpy or not, he still had separation.

Yeah he did.. but I think we can all agree that he was not running as well as we've seen him in that game. Just like Dak wasn't throwing it as well as we've seen him. I don't understand why both can't be true? Why does it have to be either Dak can't throw the ball worth a damn or Lamb is a bum? I can't operate in that mindset. I think the lack of practice together during the week impacted their on the field chemistry. People can run with whatever blame narratives they're comfortable with.. I look for reasons when my team loses.. don't care if some 12 year olds wanna brand it as making excuses. Their neuroses are not my problem.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
First of all we didn't make Lamb gimpy.. His ankle did as of last Wednesday. And this insistence that analyzing what went wrong on those plays to be assessing blame is curious at best. Why can we not discuss plays without these ridiculous junior high level narratives? Lamb was overthrown.. Dak missed him.. I don't particularly care whose "fault" it was.. I just want to understand in my own mind what went down.. It's what I do.. Sue me..

Memorize wise, I think he was overthrown by a lot. But the thing here is time and time again we see the Dak crowd throwing any other cowboy player under the bus for his benefit. Dak is a great player, but he had more than Lamb to throw to in that game. He just had a terrible game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Memorize wise, I think he was overthrown by a lot. But the thing here is time and time again we see the Dak crowd throwing any other cowboy player under the bus for his benefit. Dak is a great player, but he had more than Lamb to throw to in that game. He just had a terrible game.

Better watch out, bro. If you say anything about Dak, Lil Ronnie gonna get you! lol. He gonna make you stand in traffic!

Dak seem to be the Messiah to his fans.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Stating the fact that a guy was playing hurt is "throwing him under the bus?" How do you figure that? Lamb was hobbled.. That's not really open for debate.. So was Cooper.. Both practiced sparingly last week.. which I contend hurt the timing with Dak. Who by the way was dealing with his own injury and return from time off. This game was the first time this year where we've seen this team drop that many passes. I don't think it's a coincidence that happens when a guy who throws the 95 mph fastball replaces the junkball thrower. Did Lamb misjudge the necessary speed needed to get to those throws because the last time he played it was Cooper Rush lobbing the ball to him not Dak? Did Dak throw the ball with full go Lamb in mind? Did the ball get on guys too quick because Dak was spinnin it rather than Rush? All factors to consider.. And again, I believe that issue could have been averted if they had all practiced together last week rather than taking turns sitting out.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Stating the fact that a guy was playing hurt is "throwing him under the bus?" How do you figure that? Lamb was hobbled.. That's not really open for debate.. So was Cooper.. Both practiced sparingly last week.. which I contend hurt the timing with Dak. Who by the way was dealing with his own injury and return from time off. This game was the first time this year where we've seen this team drop that many passes. I don't think it's a coincidence that happens when a guy who throws the 95 mph fastball replaces the junkball thrower. Did Lamb misjudge the necessary speed needed to get to those throws because the last time he played it was Cooper Rush lobbing the ball to him not Dak? Did Dak throw the ball with full go Lamb in mind? Did the ball get on guys too quick because Dak was spinnin it rather than Rush? All factors to consider.. And again, I believe that issue could have been averted if they had all practiced together last week rather than taking turns sitting out.

What's the ultimate point of asking the question? Looking at past history, people tend to suspect it is to shift the blame from Dak overthrowing, perhaps due to his own injury woes, for the purpose to make Dak blameless in this loss. But ultimately I don't see what this accomplishes because this game there was so little offense that even if you take the overthrow away, Dak still had a terrible day. I rather hope he bounces back.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What's the ultimate point of asking the question? Looking at past history, people tend to suspect it is to shift the blame from Dak overthrowing, perhaps due to his own injury woes, for the purpose to make Dak blameless in this loss. But ultimately I don't see what this accomplishes because this game there was so little offense that even if you take the overthrow away, Dak still had a terrible day. I rather hope he bounces back.

lol...right...Let me ask a question and if it is not what I want to hear, then I think I'll go on the defensive and eat some worms!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
According to Amari both he and Lamb were gimpy.

247767474_4156714764432563_8753020904045674159_n.jpg

Big D

Reaction score
Would you rather watch this one then? It's really sad how bad he is at throwing the football with accuracy.

Do you wonder why they introduced Dak as the most accurate rookie in nfl history?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
According to Amari both he and Lamb were gimpy.

247767474_4156714764432563_8753020904045674159_n.jpg

So he threw himself under the bus, huh. People are going to have to go some to figure out how to blame Dak for the receivers being injured. But I'm sure they'll figure out how to do it. My faith in their ability to be ABDs is unshaken.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

What's the ultimate point of any topic of discussion on an internet message board.. To entertain myself.. How about you? What's the ultimate point of you posts?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Lamb said himself he was banged up, but now is much better. It was fairly clear he was a little off. Same with literally every player not named Micah Parsons.