Was on the Phone with Boston During the Game

ShortRound

Reaction score
So who’s pulling the strings? NFL? Atlantic City? The Mob? All of the above?

IceBowler

Reaction score
Not sure about the whole conspiracy theory, but... the refs would've had to throw double digit bogus flags to keep the Ravens from winning that game. I think what the OP was saying is, in a close game, the Refs can, and do, influence the outcome one way or the other. I don't think they go into the game saying, "Ok, we're going to cheat to make sure the Cowboys lose". Having said that, I'm also not going to dispute the bad calls and the possibility of making a close game swing in the direction they want it to.

To add and confirm your contention: remember last season when the Packers went 14 straight quarters WITHOUT a holding call? It simply can't be done.

IceBowler

Reaction score
So who’s pulling the strings? NFL? Atlantic City? The Mob? All of the above?

I believe it stems from attitudes in the League office. They have a bias for certain teams and frankly, Dallas used to benefit from time to time from that. However, if you'll notice, since Jerry opposed Goddell's contract, it has deteriorated to the point of well ...

How do you suspend Zeke like they did when their own investigator came back and recommended "No further action?" Jerry's done a lot of things over the years that have pissed the League, opposing revenue sharing (since Dallas accounts for the lion's share), the conflict surrounding the League and Jerry wanting to branch off and do his own marketing .. which precipitated him buying old Texas Stadium ... it goes on and on. Jone's has enough money to be pretty much untouchable but - Goddell and other owners who are not Jerry's buds can (and do), get to him in this fashion. These guys are the Billionaire Boys Club ... THEY ARE NOT REGULAR PEOPLE. They do not think and act like we do and nothing is beyond them.

IceBowler

Reaction score
but wait he was on the phone with a business associate in Boston thats a huge NE fan
it must be correct

reminds me of when I was on the phone with a business associate whos a Rams fan in the NO/Rams game that said no way NO gets the win. The refs wont allow it. After the no call on the pass interference he said "see I told you"

... must really suck to be so arrogant and visceral. Not ONE TIME did I say this associate of mine was Robert Kraft. He was simply saying what he's come to see over the last 20 years up there. Why don't you go out in the backyard and pull the wings off a butterfly - you'll feel better.

IceBowler

Reaction score
That's so cool! I've never spoken to an entire city before!

child-in-awe-r1.jpg

Aww - I do it all the time.

fredp22

Reaction score
... must really suck to be so arrogant and visceral. Not ONE TIME did I say this associate of mine was Robert Kraft. He was simply saying what he's come to see over the last 20 years up there. Why don't you go out in the backyard and pull the wings off a butterfly - you'll feel better.
OK then tell me this then-
why as you put it will the refs make sure "Tom gets the win"? Whats in it for them to do this or what reason do they have to get him the win?
Do you really think all the refs (who I guess are all Patriot fans) will collude to change the outcome of a game? Why would they all hate the Cowboys? Are you saying they all jeopardized their careers in front of the biggest TV audience in 20 years for no reason except to just make sure "Tom gets his win"? Amazing how its been kept quiet in this world of social media except from you and your business associate in Boston.
You conspiracy theorists are all the same. You'll throw out some wild theory that makes no sense and try to demean anyone that questions it because you cant defend it.
Come on-your friend was pulling your leg and you took him seriously. If he really knew anything he would have been betting his house on it.

Last edited:

IceBowler

Reaction score
OK then tell me this then-
why as you put it will the refs make sure "Tom gets the win"? Whats in it for them to do this or what reason do they have to get him the win?
Do you really think all the refs (who I guess are all Patriot fans) will collude to change the outcome of a game? Why would they all hate the Cowboys? Are you saying they all jeopardized their careers in front of the biggest TV audience in 20 years for no reason except to just make sure "Tom gets his win"? Amazing how its been kept quiet in this world of social media except from you and your business associate in Boston.
You conspiracy theorists are all the same. You'll throw out some wild theory that makes no sense and try to demean anyone that questions it because you cant defend it.
Come on-your friend was pulling your leg and you took him seriously. If he really knew anything he would have been betting his house on it.

The refs don't care one whit who wins. They are simply doing what is relayed to them relative to how a game is supposed to take shape if possible. And, what's in it for them? Simple .. they keep working. Calling NFL games is great part time money with a ton of perks. If a game is a blowout, it's much harder to manipulate but, while it is close, the choice to throw a flag or not to .. has a significant impact. There are players on record saying the same thing. Check the LB from Oakland currently serving a suspension ..

I believe this is all about Jerry and his conflict with Goddell and several other of the Billionaire Boys Club members. JJ has enough money that he's damn near untouchable but - he can be aggravated through his Cowboys and these guys aren't above doing that. JJ has opposed Goddell's contract extension - opposes the League revenue sharing deal in its current form and wants to do his own marketing whenever possible. All these things are a thorn in the side of Goddell and several other owners.

How else do you ignore Zeke's suspension after Goddell's own investigator did her due diligence, went back to New York and recommended, "No further action.?" How do you explain the rash of bogus calls Dallas suffers? I don't mean the perennial holding calls, I'm talking calls you NEVER see like the breaking the huddle call in the Packer playoff game. How about the call on our 15-year long snapper against Washington Then, when 9 tripping penalties have have been called on 32 teams all season - we get hit with two in the same game? The League admits these shouldn't have been called but whoops ... too late! How bout the Dez "Catch / No catch that was ruled no good from New York?

You can't and you won't admit that something is at play because .. it doesn't fit your narrative.

Now, for folks like you with your heads in the sand - allow me to share a personal story:

I was a basketball official at the collegiate level for 11 seasons. I was doing a D2 game in a Southern state some years back and was dressing with my two partners for the night's contest. Just before we were to take the floor, we're visited by several conference administrators. They informed us we had regional TV for the game and a "good competitive game would be good for all concerned." After they left, I was a bit taken aback and asked my partners what that meant - exactly. One gentlemen who called this region often said, it means they want a close game - so don't take XXXX out of their style of play."

Finally, Let me make this real simple. How in the world do you suppose the betting lines are so spot on in the vast, vast majority of cases? There's not a player, coach or official that steps on the field or court that doesn't know the line.

It does happen. Of course you'll call me a liar even though you don't know me at all. And that's OK because that's what you folks with your head in the sand do rather that even consider something that might upset your apple cart.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The refs don't care one whit who wins. They are simply doing what is relayed to them relative to how a game is supposed to take shape if possible. And, what's in it for them? Simple .. they keep working. Calling NFL games is great part time money with a ton of perks. If a game is a blowout, it's much harder to manipulate but, while it is close, the choice to throw a flag or not to .. has a significant impact. There are players on record saying the same thing. Check the LB from Oakland currently serving a suspension ..

I believe this is all about Jerry and his conflict with Goddell and several other of the Billionaire Boys Club members. JJ has enough money that he's damn near untouchable but - he can be aggravated through his Cowboys and these guys aren't above doing that. JJ has opposed Goddell's contract extension - opposes the League revenue sharing deal in its current form and wants to do his own marketing whenever possible. All these things are a thorn in the side of Goddell and several other owners.

How else do you ignore Zeke's suspension after Goddell's own investigator did her due diligence, went back to New York and recommended, "No further action.?" How do you explain the rash of bogus calls Dallas suffers? I don't mean the perennial holding calls, I'm talking calls you NEVER see like the breaking the huddle call in the Packer playoff game. How about the call on our 15-year long snapper against Washington Then, when 9 tripping penalties have have been called on 32 teams all season - we get hit with two in the same game? The League admits these shouldn't have been called but whoops ... too late! How bout the Dez "Catch / No catch that was ruled no good from New York?

You can't and you won't admit that something is at play because .. it doesn't fit your narrative.

Now, for folks like you with your heads in the sand - allow me to share a personal story:

I was a basketball official at the collegiate level for 11 seasons. I was doing a D2 game in a Southern state some years back and was dressing with my two partners for the night's contest. Just before we were to take the floor, we're visited by several conference administrators. They informed us we had regional TV for the game and a "good competitive game would be good for all concerned." After they left, I was a bit taken aback and asked my partners what that meant - exactly. One gentlemen who called this region often said, it means they want a close game - so don't take XXXX out of their style of play."

Finally, Let me make this real simple. How in the world do you suppose the betting lines are so spot on in the vast, vast majority of cases? There's not a player, coach or official that steps on the field or court that doesn't know the line.

It does happen. Of course you'll call me a liar even though you don't know me at all. And that's OK because that's what you folks with your head in the sand do rather that even consider something that might upset your apple cart.

You provided no evidence to support your claims.

Vomit

Reaction score
With a business associate who is a huge Pats fan - but, a reasonable one and a genuine student of the game. When Dallas had the ball with 2:38 left, a full compliment of time outs and needing to score a TD to win - I made the remark that, "If Dak wants the money, all he's gotta do is go win it."

My friend said, and I quote; "There's no way the league will allow that to happen. The refs will see to it that Tom gets this win. It's been going on for years up here and we all know it. It's to the point where it's almost embarrassing." Three plays later the phantom tripping call -

His next remark was .. "See, I told ya. Dallas couldn't have come in here with a Hall of Fame team and won. It's really not any fun watching them play here in Foxboro .. the outcome is a foregone conclusion."

I officiated many seasons at the NCAA level and left because pressure was applied to, "ensure we had a good, entertaining game." I'll just leave it at that. I've always felt like the pros were above that because it's all about the money with no pretense but, it seems now there are other things at play ... personal agendas, manipulating outcomes for whatever reason.

After 53 years .. I'm just about done.

Now, I don't care what you think about this post as to its validity or my friends sincerity or whatever - all I'm doing is relaying an actual conversation.
Interesting.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Has your contact heard anything about the Hoodie coming to Dallas?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
My favorite team wins = we're awesome!

My favorite team loses = it's fixed!

That's childish, crybaby stuff. No one here thought "it's fixed" in the 90s. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

IceBowler

Reaction score
My favorite team wins = we're awesome!

My favorite team loses = it's fixed!

That's childish, crybaby stuff. No one here thought "it's fixed" in the 90s. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Completely different NFL - completely different revenue streams - no instant social media - no FA, no Cap, a "real" commissioner, etc., etc., etc.
And I could care less whether Dallas plays another down - it isn't just Dallas that takes these hits .. Ask the Saints after the NFC Championship game ...

IceBowler

Reaction score
Well, How exactly is a rainbow made? how exactly does the sun set?, how exactly does a Posi-Trac on a Plymouth rear end work?...It just does.

You don't know where the wind comes from or where it goes - but you don't deny its existence ..

khiladi

Reaction score

The conversation was irregular given both Aikman and Pereira were looking at the exact same replay. Aikman inferred Frederick moved his leg because the defender was bullrushing. An offensive lineman always resets his stance unless he has stonewalled and locked up his man while blocking.

Happens every game from seventh grade up. Yet, Pereira counters Aikman's observation by interpreting there was a penalty because Frederick lifted his leg. Well, Pereira was correct. That is what Aikman said also but Pereira made his counter statement based on intent.

Intent is only applicable if a foul was committed. Pereira watches the video, says Frederick tripped the guy but never sees their legs contact each other. And Pereira was adamant a foul was committed.

Some people actively dismiss what happened in favor of what the team did not do to win the game. That is equally disturbing. Here was an example of an ex-NFL official making and defending his position, claiming a foul occurred when it did not occur. Guess who likely shared Pereira's stance? Answer: the current official who threw a flag for a foul he did not see either. And some people either think that is okay or could not care less if officials see stuff that isn't there.

It wasn’t the lifting the leg, it was the partial extension after Frederick lifted his leg Pereira was referring to and even he said this was unlike the first one called, meaning he didn’t agree with that one. So Pereira even thought the first one was wrong.

CB61

Reaction score
With a business associate who is a huge Pats fan - but, a reasonable one and a genuine student of the game. When Dallas had the ball with 2:38 left, a full compliment of time outs and needing to score a TD to win - I made the remark that, "If Dak wants the money, all he's gotta do is go win it."

My friend said, and I quote; "There's no way the league will allow that to happen. The refs will see to it that Tom gets this win. It's been going on for years up here and we all know it. It's to the point where it's almost embarrassing." Three plays later the phantom tripping call -

His next remark was .. "See, I told ya. Dallas couldn't have come in here with a Hall of Fame team and won. It's really not any fun watching them play here in Foxboro .. the outcome is a foregone conclusion."

I officiated many seasons at the NCAA level and left because pressure was applied to, "ensure we had a good, entertaining game." I'll just leave it at that. I've always felt like the pros were above that because it's all about the money with no pretense but, it seems now there are other things at play ... personal agendas, manipulating outcomes for whatever reason.

After 53 years .. I'm just about done.

Now, I don't care what you think about this post as to its validity or my friends sincerity or whatever - all I'm doing is relaying an actual conversation.
The NBA referee that got caught for betting on games cheating whatever it was told everybody it was widespread in the NBA and all of the professional leagues no one believed him or wanted to?