News: Was Prescott's Rookie Season A Fluke?

pansophy

Reaction score
Fair enough... and I'm not saying where he belongs on any list. I have no idea. What I do know is that he did remarkably well for a rookie at that position, that it is his smarts, work ethic and the uncanny way teams follow him that made him special and that those things aren't going away. I also know that he has room to improve and isn't a finished product by any stretch of the imagination. He's a gamer. A winner. That is in his bone marrow and it will be with him always.

I do think he'll improve this season and I don't look for any sophomore slump. As for more of the playbook being opened to him... I don't see that as anything but a positive. The coaches could put too much on him and it turn into more INT's, but I don't think the coaches will do that. They were careful with it as a rookie and I don't think they'll overload him as a second year guy. They'll add some but not to the point where it is a negative, IMO.

Do some fans probably have unreasonably high expectations of Dak? I'm absolutely positive they do. Expecting to win almost every game and for Dak to have just 4 INT's is asking for a let down. That's on them though and there is nothing anyone can do to stop that. As for me, I expect him to be better in a lot of ways but I don't expect that to show up necessarily in more (or as many) wins, in his stats or in post season accolades.

I really don't care what he's ranked on a top 100 list... I just love that he's the Cowboys QB and he has such intangibles, smarts, work ethic and leadership that I really don't doubt him as a pro QB.
I don't think he'll slump either. He continued to improve all last season. I've been saying that he didn't throw pass from under center without play action until week 14 as evidence that he needs to improve.

But the flip could also be said. His was able to work on footwork well enough during the season that they were able to start calling those plays before the playoffs. A lesser QB might have had to wait for a full off-season to make tat kind of improvement.

It's also absolutely possible that Dak is a better QB next season and doesn't have the same kind of season statistically. We will have a harder schedule for starters.

By all reports he is working hard and improving. That's all we can ask. Hopefully next off season this isn't even a conversation.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Prescott had what, 23 Touchdowns and only 4 interceptions?

Quit sneaking into Gramp's snuff!

b8cddf88553d954be88b8bfded1220fd.jpg

1264417.png

cowboys-central-this-year-cowboys-just-believe-i-believe-%F0%9F%91%8A%E2%9C%AD-10287795.png

6cc41010ac22144ad8a44d3aa49e913e.jpg

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not all Eagles writers are biased. Here is one from last September, less than a month into the season, who recognized Dak was going to be great:

"But that game doesn’t matter. None of them do. Because one team in the NFC East has found the answer. The answer to how they will rule the division for the next decade, how they will return to the glory years from so long ago that one of the players on those teams is now their coach. The search for the next great QB is over.

I am talking about Dak Prescott.

You can have your fancy stats. You can have your wins. You can have your accolades. I’m sold on Dak Prescott being The Next Big Thing. You should be too."

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...on-wentz-dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-nfc-east

Gotta give the guy his props, but it's still funny to read his ROTY and COTY predictions knowing how those awards actually turned out.