Was thrown this nugget

Roughneck

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, I get home to find this absolute cluster**** of a thread waiting for me.

Nors-Seek help. I'm dead serious. You need to seek professional help.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I do.

He didn't say he was switching Roy to LB.

Neither LTN's posting of his comments nor your version said he was moving him to LB.

He said he was looking for more situations to get him there at LB. We need aggressive play and turnovers.

Passive 4-3 wuss defense with Safeties chasing receivers around does not work. You keep arguing for that:) Mr Wiggly! :D :p

That is a proven FACT so far this year. We were much more aggressive early last year.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
No, it didn't Nors, so I have deleted it. We don't need that.

Need to get ready for Packers. I'm hoping Parcells comments mean Roy is more active and on the line more. Green and Favre will kill a passive game plan.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Hostile said:
What is it I "hate" this time?

Stupid conspiracy theories with no basis?

Guilty as charged.
go ask nors, I just know that you're a blind hater that doesn't want to admit he is wrong. BTW, have you gotten your money?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
No, it didn't Nors, so I have deleted it. We don't need that.

Hos...

He sucked you right in.

Sorry I missed all the 3-4 fun.

Too bad no one threw out the "h" word. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
He said he was looking for more situations to get him there at LB. We need aggressive play and turnovers.

Passive 4-3 wuss defense with Safeties chasing receivers around does not work. You keep arguing for that:) Mr Wiggly! :D :p

That is a proven FACT so far this year. We were much more aggressive early last year.
You're the one wiggling Nors. That is NOT what he said. You're trying to translate it that way but it just won't work.

Safeties chasing WRs. That is one of your all time gaffes. Guess what? Every safety in the NFL has an assignment in pass coverage and WRs are part of that assignment. That is just a fact. I'm sorry if you can't accept it.

Right now on this team we are thin at safety and solid at LB. This team will nto become better by gettign thinner at safety and playing our best safety out of his natural position. I can't even fathom why you think that would work.

Parcells was talking about playing Roy closer to the line of scrimmage where he can help in run support. He is especially good at that. Playing up closer to the LOS does NOT make him a LB. It makes him a safety playing closer to the LOS in run support and possibly to blitz more. I'm sorry if you can't accept that.

You keep criticizing our "passive wuss 4-3 defense" then you accuse me of being a GROZ member. Which side of the fence you standing on Nors? You can't have it both ways.

I am not joking when I say I would love for you to pick up the phone and explain the problems with our defense to Parcells. I would love that. Drop the dime and send me the phone bill. I'll gladly pay it. You need an education about the defense. I'm betting Parcells could give you one. I can even imagine some of his comments. You think he's tough on the media.

Now, you talk about us being more aggressive last year. Holy Cow Nors. You're finally starting to get it. Congratulations. Last year what was I crediting 10 wins to? An aggressive, stingy defense. So far thsi year what have I blamed our losses on? Revelation. A defense that is no longer stingy that is not executing.

It's the biggest difference from last year to this year. That is not even arguable.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Hos...

He sucked you right in.

I am surprised nors doesn't comsider Roy a hyrbrid...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Need to get ready for Packers. I'm hoping Parcells comments mean Roy is more active and on the line more. Green and Favre will kill a passive game plan.
That's exactly what it means. Roy at Safety will be playing closer to the line of scrimage. Not as a LB as a SS. In run support. In blitz packages. Being aggressive.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RW31 said:
go ask nors, I just know that you're a blind hater that doesn't want to admit he is wrong. BTW, have you gotten your money?
No I haven't gotten my money.

Therefore I have told CowboyChris and EveryoneElse that since he has shown no inclination to pay me that if they lose their bets with him they should not pay him. He's clearly not a man of his word.

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. I'm just not wrong on this subject.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Hos...

He sucked you right in.

Nuggets got thrown out instead.

He still hasn't revealed their origin. I know no one in an NFL office tipped him off to this.

Must be the black helicopters again.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RW31 said:
I am surprised nors doesn't comsider Roy a hyrbrid...
He does consider him that. That's why he's advocating playing him out of position.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He does consider him that. That's why he's advocating playing him out of position.
Just when I thought he turned a corner....

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Oh well, me and nors have fun refering to ourselves in third person, when were not ripping eachother on some topics. Id be very sad if he took zebra's bet...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Oh well, me and nors have fun refering to ourselves in third person, when were not ripping eachother on some topics. Id be very sad if he took zebra's bet...
Yeah I hope he doesn't take that bet.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Frankly, I could care less what defense we line up in (4-3, 3-4 which is really an old high school 5-2).

The bottom line is that we are sooo far from having the personel to run a 3-4 it's not even on the horizon. We don't even have a DT who can do his job in the 1 or 2 gap at a high level, so who's going to be a nose-tackle? We don't have 1 single guy on the team who's played DE in a 3-4 scheme...Maybe Ellis could do it, maybe, but most of the other guys can't even play well in the 4-3....they certainly aren't stout enough to play in the 3-4....even Glover is too small for that job...he may not even have a position.

LB's??? Maybe Brady, Maybe Thornton....none of our other guys can shed blocks on the inside, and you can't just take a guy like DAt and move him outside.

Roy couldn't handle playing LB...he's not tough enough or strong enough...he's a guy who puts big hits on WR's and RB's, but he's not a guy who's going to take on linemen and FB's and HB's consistently and hold up...he's a safety, a SS, not to be confused with a guy who is a big, strong, mean OLB in a 3-4...I don't see why we even keep talking about this...it would take 2-3 years of a major overhaul of personel to get to that point.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Frankly, I could care less what defense we line up in (4-3, 3-4 which is really an old high school 5-2).

The bottom line is that we are sooo far from having the personel to run a 3-4 it's not even on the horizon. We don't even have a DT who can do his job in the 1 or 2 gap at a high level, so who's going to be a nose-tackle? We don't have 1 single guy on the team who's played DE in a 3-4 scheme...Maybe Ellis could do it, maybe, but most of the other guys can't even play well in the 4-3....they certainly aren't stout enough to play in the 3-4....even Glover is too small for that job...he may not even have a position.

LB's??? Maybe Brady, Maybe Thornton....none of our other guys can shed blocks on the inside, and you can't just take a guy like DAt and move him outside.

Roy couldn't handle playing LB...he's not tough enough or strong enough...he's a guy who puts big hits on WR's and RB's, but he's not a guy who's going to take on linemen and FB's and HB's consistently and hold up...he's a safety, a SS, not to be confused with a guy who is a big, strong, mean OLB in a 3-4...I don't see why we even keep talking about this...it would take 2-3 years of a major overhaul of personel to get to that point.

Wayne. That could not have been said better. Some seem to think the Shanles, O'Neils and Thornton of the team could run a 3-4. I tend to think not.