News: Washington Football Team Has New Name

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by ShortRound131, Jul 23, 2020.

1. JackOfNoTrades

JackOfNoTrades sunbum

2,828 Messages
    3,724 Likes Received
    in efforts to not confuse with soccer, maybe they should be call American Football Team. Then again, that may be offensive to some as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

InTheZone and ColoCowboy like this.
  2. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

8,401 Messages
    7,234 Likes Received
    Same with me. I went to high school with a brother and sister that were NA or half NA, I forget. But they were redskins fans. I don't recall any controversy about the name back in the 80s, but I can't imagine they were offended. But hey, others are offended for them.

InTheZone and ColoCowboy like this.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Regular Joe....

56,435 Messages
    24,686 Likes Received
    Sign of the times.......

4. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

6,003 Messages
    8,593 Likes Received
    How about "***" as an acronym for Washington Team Football?

InTheZone, Rayman70 and Runwildboys like this.
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

34,738 Messages
    13,869 Likes Received
    Hail to the? There goes their fight song. They’re going to have to sort out a lot of things in Washington. All they have left are their colors. You have to figure a few fans will bail on them. Football is never going to be the same in DC.

6. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Zone Supporter

6,003 Messages
    8,593 Likes Received
    It might offend Morticians.

Rayman70 likes this.
  7. KJJ

34,738 Messages
    13,869 Likes Received
    Not keeping the same theme really makes things difficult for them. They could have gone back to the old 1969 circa logo with the spear on the helmet. Washington Renegades has a nice ring to it.

8. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

5,304 Messages
    6,947 Likes Received

No one hates the US more.

InTheZone and Rayman70 like this.
  9. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

18,808 Messages
    16,933 Likes Received
    CAREFUL...morticians might get ya benched lol...we have some awful thin skinned folks here. They aren't morticians..no...they are autonomous vessel preparers. We wouldnt want to cancel the name mortician now would we? lol...pretty ridiculous comp, but you get the idea. Crazy world we are in.

Pantone282C likes this.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

37,743 Messages
    7,481 Likes Received
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

37,743 Messages
    7,481 Likes Received
    Whether or not this is true, does it really matter? It's not like there aren't current self-identifiers out there that would be entirely unacceptable to use for a team name.

12. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

6,777 Messages
    2,833 Likes Received
  13. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

8,401 Messages
    7,234 Likes Received
    Obviously people are still going to call them the Redskins because they have no name.

InTheZone likes this.
  14. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

6,777 Messages
    2,833 Likes Received

I truly believe there will be large enough group of people that will still refer to them as the redskins even after they decide on a name just because they were the redskins for so long. Some will do it out of habit others will do it because they don't agree that the vocal minority should force them to change their name.

InTheZone likes this.
  15. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

6,866 Messages
    6,307 Likes Received
    ok? This goes back to making an issue out of a non-issue because the .00001% (I made this number up, but I'm probably not off by much) of the population complained about something. Maybe we can start naming names of people and groups using these words in a hateful matter and put a stop to that, but what progress is made by attacking the team name?

16. KJJ

34,738 Messages
    13,869 Likes Received
    An interesting logo would be of the nations capital with the letters DC on each side. Whatever logo and name they eventually go with their fans are going to hate it. It’s going to be like having a new team.

17. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

6,329 Messages
    3,454 Likes Received
    Why not just name them the Skins

18. Stryker44

Stryker44 Well-Known Member

2,633 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Dan Snyder = evil cock smoking ******* sellout.

19. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

8,401 Messages
    7,234 Likes Received
    No progress what so ever. The Redskins is a slur? My God I'm so offended! Ok. But the tomahawk chop at Braves games was also offensive? Why? The chant or song at Chiefs and Seminole games offensive too? Really? People are even offended at the cartoon Chief Wahoo of the Cleveland Indians. Talk about needing a life. It must be very difficult to live in a world where you're offended at just about anything.

InTheZone likes this.
  20. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

6,866 Messages
    6,307 Likes Received
    sorry for being a little confused, are you just added to my post or are you suggesting I'm offended?